Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Finally!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Finally! Reply with quote

The Aladdin DVD goes on sale today; if you haven't already ordered it, go pick up a copy! Wink

Last edited by Calluna on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i'm angela.. i just ran across this site... and was wondering if this site is up to date.. i dont want to reply if no one reads this anymore... lol so yea respond if this is up to date
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...You're joking, right?

I mean...

... you're joking, right?
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*points at "posted on" date*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Type-R Boi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i was juss wondering if anyone has jessica and nick's version of a whole new world in mp3 or WMA... cause i want it on my comp... i have the DVD already.. sound so good
coolismk
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this group and I did just buy the Platinum Edition of Aladdin. And i hate to say it....Disney has gone the way of George Lucas. WHY did they change the opening lines of the opening credits song "Arabian Nights"???? Why change it to where it now makes no sense when you read the lyrics????? Somebody help me clarify this!!!!!!
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still boggles me how people can compare two seconds of soundtrack to major changes to a movie. And why is everyone acting like this is something new? It happened 11 freaking years ago. Rolling Eyes
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to know why it was edited, it was because Arab-American groups protested the line "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face". I find it to be a stupid edit myself, and I really dislike the lyric change, but I'm over it.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
If you really want to know why it was edited, it was because Arab-American groups protested the line "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face". I find it to be a stupid edit myself, and I really dislike the lyric change, but I'm over it.

*is reminded of who was one of the main people who wanted it changed*
Damn you, Shaggy.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
*is reminded of who was one of the main people who wanted it changed*
Damn you, Shaggy.

Freddy (Frank Welker) needs to have a little talk with him, methinks. Wink
Production Assisstant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: The opening credit was nothing Reply with quote

You should have seen the lines Jeffrey Katzenberg cut!
I was a PA on the film and wanted to respond to a comment on the old board. After getting to see Ron, John and Amy talk at the symposium with Leonard Malkin, the host commented that it sounded like Robin Williams just came in and riffed and that was the Genie.
This is totally untrue. Robin was scripted--he was scripted BRILLIANTLY by Ted, Terry and Ed Gombert.
We had Robin for three recording sessions, 8 hours a pop. We had NO time to waste. I was lucky enough to be the "reader" for the last session. While he read the script brilliantly, what he added was the voices. He'd just hold his hand up to me, I'd pause, and he'd do six or seven "characters" in a row (Nicholson, Ed Sullivan, Ah-nold, etc). He was reading his scripted lines but he was all Robin.
I just want to make sure that Ted, Terry and Ed get the credit they deserve. They were amazingly good and it shows. Robin's a genius (and an incredibly sweet and generous genius), but he didn't write his part.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!!!! Ted and Terry are wonderful. I was lucky enough to see Terry Rossio and Ron Clements at this year's Comic-Con, and it was great to hear them speak with such passion about this film. Hats off to them!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bows to Terry and Ron..and John...and Amy and animators and voice actors and everyone who worked on the film in any way.*
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, a Production Assistant! Shocked

That pretty much confirms what I've been hearing from other places. I lurk at Ted and Terry's website sometimes and they're very... emphatic on that point. Wink Not to mention that a friend of mine got ahold of an old Aladdin script, and Genie's lines were virtually identical to what made it into the movie.

I haven't been back to wordplayer.com since the DVD came out; I should probably do that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum