Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Predestination Goes Against the Grain (Fan Fiction)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Predestination Goes Against the Grain (Fan Fiction)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Predestination Goes Against the Grain (Fan Fiction) Reply with quote

I *just* added my first Aladdin fic to ff.net and I was hoping that some of you could read and review the Prologue. I bring in a new character.. well.. kind of.. I'll explain it before I post the first chapter. Hehehe. Anyways, please read! ^^

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2015753/1/
Cyber Ghost
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I keep jumping into these fan fics ready to tear them apart, and twice now you guys have impressed me.

Aggie, you writing is terriffic! My only concern is the dialogue, but without being able to listen to the characters speak, it makes it hard.. even so, it was very close to what I would have expected out of an episode.

Be careful with the use of a fan character. Far too often the creation of fan chars draw too much away from the story itself.

Wow, okay, so Chaos really was only in one episode..must have lost track, I could have sworn there were two! Man, too bad, he was a fun character.

Anywho, I look forward to seeing what you do with this story.
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Cyber Ghost for reading the Prologue and giving me constructive criticism. Yes, I do have trouble with dialogue sometimes but I'm doing my best to improve on that.

I cannot remember if Chaos was in one or two episodes.. this is probably due to the fact that I haven't seen the series in many years (all that changes on Monday! muahaha!) but either way I still felt that there wasn't enough of him in the series so it's one of the main reasons I started the fic. Hehehe.

Anyways, thanks again for the advice; I will keep it in mind. Smile
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I cannot remember if Chaos was in one or two episodes.. this is probably due to the fact that I haven't seen the series in many years (all that changes on Monday! muahaha!)

Chaos only had the episode of When Chaos Comes Calling, no other. Very Happy
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dialogue thing, I think that's pretty subtle... I only noticed anything with Iago and Aladdin, and they just sounded a little too formal, I guess. Like Aladdin would use more contractions. Laughing I feel like I'm splitting hairs, though. I like your writing style, though, and unlike most people at ff.net you actually know how to spell and punctuate and format correctly. So, yeah, I want to see what happens. Wink

And, yeah, I just want to echo what Cyber Ghost said about OCs. The biggest mistake I usually see with OC stories is that the whole fic is just introducing the new character with not really any other plot, and the fic just keeps going on and on until the author runs out of ideas, without a real ending. So I guess my advice would be to plan ahead, if you haven't already. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Calluna. ^^ Fortunately, I have planned ahead a main plot that involves every character already mentioned so far (plus Chaos who hasn't been put in yet). Chapter 1 is technically complete, but I have quite a bit of cutting and editing to make it works grammatically (I swear, my grammar on first drafts are awful!) and with the story as well. Anyways, thank you all for reading my prologue so far. Chapter 1 is on its way! ^^

P.S. Thanks for the contractions note. That really does make sense (for both Aladdin AND Iago). Hehe.
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that Chapter 2 of 'Predestination Goes Against the Grain' is up! ^^
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2015753/1/

Chapter 3 is finally up!! Hehe..

Oh, and if you're interested, I have a page that has a few sketches and pics of my fan character, Fate:

http://impmon.hostars.com/fate.htm

Enjoy!

P.S. Happy Halloween!!
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMIGOD! SHE'S SO CUTE!

*squeezes Fate*
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story! Fate sounds really cool! Can't wait till the next chapter keep up the good work! Very Happy
Princess Lydia
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to be writting more in your fanfic???
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, sorry about the long wait. Chapter 4 is currently being written, but it won't be up until some time in the winter holidays.. once I get school out of the way temporarily.. heh. ^^;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum