Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Ever wonder why there's sequels?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever wonder why there's sequels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Ever wonder why there's sequels? Reply with quote

Okay, when I used to work at the Happiest Place on Earth ( GAH! HOW I MISS BEING THERE!). I was talking to one of my coworkers about why every ten years they released the old films and why for those sequels to come back. For example, Snow White was always released every five or ten years.

This is a theory or the possibility it's true. For every Disney Character that was ever created by the company has a copyright title that lasts for twenty years or something like that. If the character is not used for a certain amount of years then the copyright is up for grabs for any company who wants to get it for their means.

Let's say hypothetically, Aladdin wasn't used for a very longtime and his copyright is up. Another company like Dreamworks can swoop in and use him for their taking

So for Disney to keep Aladdin then they have to pay copyright fees by using him by releasing his movies, putting cameos of him in House of Mouse, do another animated series or find somekind of animated series to put him in. So his copyright won't be expired.

That's why there's sequels, re releases, and cameos into the Disney films.

They're clever way to use all their characters to renew their copyrights is the House of Mouse.

So what do you think about that?
Husse
Genie of da Pibb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that combined with a cheap way to get money, sure. Laughing

NO YOU CAN'T!

YES I CAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep copyright for a lot longer than that, and a big reason for that is that Disney keeps lobbying to extend it so that they don't lose their copyright on Mickey. Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
You keep copyright for a lot longer than that, and a big reason for that is that Disney keeps lobbying to extend it so that they don't lose their copyright on Mickey. Laughing

EXACTLY!
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is a theory or the possibility it's true. For every Disney Character that was ever created by the company has a copyright title that lasts for twenty years or something like that. If the character is not used for a certain amount of years then the copyright is up for grabs for any company who wants to get it for their means.

No offense, but I think that's a bunch of balony. Your friend had misinformation, methinks.

http://www.whatiscopyright.org

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can my friend be misinformed if they are one of the heads of the corporation of the Disneyland Operations? HMMM?
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No offense, but I think that's a bunch of balony. Your friend had misinformation, methinks.

Well that's a theory. unless proven guilty.

That's why everydisney character has a copyright to them. If some other rich honcho uses them then they get a settlement dispute. I've seen small companies use them and it somewhat look like the ghetto version to the disney version. Why it's ghetto? Because they don't want to be sued for millions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum