Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - An easy way to kill off an annoying rumor...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An easy way to kill off an annoying rumor...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: An easy way to kill off an annoying rumor... Reply with quote

I go to the IMDB Aladdin board sometimes. It's interesting to see what the average person thinks about Aladdin, and I actually like answering stupid questions sometimes.

But... there are certain topics they just won't let go. One is whether or not it insults Arabs, but that's another rant. There's acutally something to talk about with that one. No, I mean the topic that will not die: the whole stupid "good teenagers take off your clothes" rumor.

Now, here's a good way to prove once and for all what that line really was, for those who don't believe the official Disney explanation: someone just ask Scott Weinger what he said! (I'd ask Ted and Terry, but I suspect the line was ad-libbed.)

'Course, these are the same people that don't pay attention when I post the Snopes article on the subject, so it probably still wouldn't make any difference. I don't know whether they look at the top of the page where it says "undecided" and don't read anything else, or whether they think it's TEH EVOL DIZNEY CONSPIRICIE!!!!!!11111, but, yeah, it doesn't work. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I know. How someone actually came up with the theory that there is a scene in the Lion King where the stars in the sky spell out 'sex' is amazing. They can take that talent and apply it to something resourceful.

But the funniest Aladdin comment I have seen is this:

"I think that Scott is a very good singer. god when i hear A HOLE NEW WORLD my hearts goes like....I don't know but it's a weard feeling. You just sing soooo beautiful!! "

Survey says! *buzzer* The things you can find at message boards and guestbooks.
Boz
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm so sick of that rumor. You'd think they'd check to see if someone already posted about it before they start a new topic. Rolling Eyes

Let's not forget the "erection" in The Little Mermaid. It's his knee people. Laughing

IMDB should link snopes.com on the pages of the Disney movies that have rumors so those topics won't come up so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum