Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - RoJ and KoT DVD special features
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RoJ and KoT DVD special features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: RoJ and KoT DVD special features Reply with quote

http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=1751

Animated Bliss wrote:
TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON DVD!

THE ALADDIN II & III COLLECTION

THE RETURN OF JAFAR
ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES

The ALADDIN Trilogy Is Complete On January 18, 2005

BURBANK, Calif., September 16, 2004 - Two full-length movies equals two times the fun! The ALADDIN trilogy is complete when both ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR and ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES are available together, for the first time ever on Disney DVD on January 18, 2005 in the ALADDIN II & III COLLECTION. Complementing the October 2004 first-ever DVD release of Disney?s original animated classic ?Aladdin,? this collection continues the thrilling Aladdin story with ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR and brings the saga to its final thrilling conclusion with ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES.

All the favorite characters of Disney?s ?Aladdin? return including the Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, the magic carpet and the Sultan. These two wondrous tales also feature characters not seen in the original film, such as Aladdin?s father Cassim and the Forty Thieves, and there is more wondrous music in the spectacular ?Aladdin? tradition. Both of these great films have been in the Disney Vault for nearly five years, and this 2-movie DVD set is available for a limited time only. $34.99 (S.R.P.) for the 2-movie DVD, also available in a 2-movie VHS set for $34.99 (S.R.P.).

ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR
Aladdin?s adventure picks up where the original movie left off. Jafar returns as the world?s most powerful genie, and Aladdin and his friends must battle against huge odds to save the kingdom from Jafar?s evil plot! THE RETURN OF JAFAR features five show-stopping tunes. Trapped inside the magic lamp at the end of ?Aladdin,? the wily Jafar (Jonathan Freeman) and his cantankerous parrot sidekick Iago (Gilbert Gottfried) find a way out of their prison. Back in Agrabah the Genie (Dan Castellaneta, ?The Simpsons?), Aladdin (Scott Weinger), Jasmine (Linda Larkin), Abu (Frank Welker) and their friends are enjoying a whole new world ? but Jafar is ready to take his revenge! The adventure that follows goes from the depths of a fiery lava pit to the heights of the kingdom.

THE RETURN OF JAFAR DVD Bonus Features:
? Careful What You Wish For Game - Jafar twists your wish into something unexpected for your amusement. A different game every time you play.
? DisneyPedia: Wishes Around The World - Have you ever wished upon a star or tossed a coin into a fountain? Learn about fascinating wishing traditions from around the globe.
? Disney?s Song Selection - Lyrics pop up on the screen

ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES completes the Aladdin trilogy in grand style ? with Aladdin and Jasmine?s wedding celebration. And the wedding planner is none other than the ?big blue guy? himself, the Genie! But just as the happy couple prepares to say ?I do,? the legendary Forty Thieves break up the party as they ransack the royal palace in search of the fabled Hand of Midas. When Aladdin learns that his long-lost dad may be trapped in the Forty Thieves? lair, he sets out on a fantastic quest, with Jasmine and the Genie by his side.

ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES completes the Aladdin trilogy in grand style ? with Aladdin and Jasmine?s wedding celebration. And the wedding planner is none other than the ?big blue guy? himself, the Genie! But just as the happy couple prepares to say ?I do,? the legendary Forty Thieves break up the party as they ransack the royal palace in search of the fabled Hand of Midas. When Aladdin learns that his long-lost dad may be trapped in the Forty Thieves? lair, he sets out on a fantastic quest, with Jasmine and the Genie by his side.

ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES DVD Bonus Features:
? Loot In The Lair Challenge - Explore the hallways and chambers of the thieves? lair and try to discover where they?ve hidden the stolen wedding gifts. The thieves and gifts change locations every time you play.
? Bag The Bad Guys Game - The thieves have escaped and are hiding in Agrabah. Help the palace guards catch them, then hear the robbers? hilarious rap sheets.
? Behind The Microphone - Go behind the scenes with the voice talent.
? Disney?s Song Selection - Lyrics pop up on the screen.

STREET DATE: January 18, 2005
Suggested Retail Price: $34.99 DVD, $34.99 VHS

RETURN OF JAFAR
Run time: Approximately 69 minutes
Rated: ?G.? Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Languages: French, Spanish Audio

Run time: Approximately 81 minutes
Rated: ?G.? Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Languages: French, Spanish Audio

The extras don't seem too interesting for us big kids except for "Behind the Microphone" on KoT, but I'm glad they're actually adding special features and it's not just the movies. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just saw this over at Ultimate Disney... the special features are pretty pitiful in my taste, with the exception of the behind the micrphone. But I want these two films on DVD, so I'll get it anyways. Smile
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Yeah, I just saw this over at Ultimate Disney... the special features are pretty pitiful in my taste, with the exception of the behind the micrphone. But I want these two films on DVD, so I'll get it anyways. Smile

No kidding. My RoJ tape is completely destroyed in places...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My KOT Tape is also becoming destroyed. The sound dies during the ending, the picture gets wavy... sigh. I can't wait to retire that VHS.

The KOT thieves bonus stuff sounds kind of funny to me, considering I've spent a chunk of my day trying to figure out how to use them in my KoT fanfiction. I'm hoping these rap sheets will be good. Very Happy

They come out one week (exactly) after my birthday. 117 days till my long-awaited KOT DVD...not that I'm counting or anything. Wink
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:

Salukfan wrote:

My KOT Tape is also becoming destroyed. The sound dies during the ending, the picture gets wavy... sigh. I can't wait to retire that VHS.

And my Aladdin tape is just as worse. Let's face it, we all needed these DVD's to come out. I've had my movie since it came out and that was a looong time ago.

The wishes around the world thing sounds lame. Boo! The other stuff seems cool.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The wishes around the world thing sounds lame. Boo! The other stuff seems cool.

Hmm.... I wonder if my wish for the horrid and brutal death of Prince Charming will be on there? Twisted Evil
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My KoT tape is pretty bad. I get weird distortions across the picture all the time. Grrr!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum