Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - I was having the CRAZIEST dream!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I was having the CRAZIEST dream!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That had to be one heck of a sneeze or one unstable ferris wheel
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later on, Robin Williams was vacuuming our kitchen floor with the vacuum wand. I think he felt sorry for knocking over the Ferris wheel.

...Is that typical of men? Don't know how to vacuum a kitchen floor properly? Very Happy

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the proper use for a vacuum wand was to play croquet with frozen onions.

Have you ever dreamt of the same subject for nights on end? All I'd seen of Waterworld was a few brief scenes, and I found myself dreaming about it three days straight. Why? Because the Mariner has gills. GILLS! Three days straight and I never dreamt of seeing them! (Which is, I suspect, why I kept dreaming about it).

Finally, I broke for one night, then dreamt about it again, and this time I saw the gills. (Which, being a dream, weren't that impressive.) I realized at the same time that Kevin Costner has a fat (Pescado slang for large) head. I dreamt I woke up and told Syera about that particular epiphany. Then I did wake up, and found out it was six o'clock and she was still in bed.

I couldn't sleep. Here's the reason: I've been wanting to determine where a person could actually keep gills large enough to provide adequate oxygen (besides the sides of the torso, which IMO are too far away from the heart), and I wanted to see the Mariner's gills first. However, I didn't want to watch Waterworld, which I would have had to have done to find the scene where they can be seen, so I had to wait four days to dream that I saw them. (This may seem rather crazy, but it gave me a mental image to work with which was adequate.) So there I was, six o'clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep because I wanted to work but I couldn't work because I had to sleep.

Maybe I am a bit crazy.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, m'dear, you are crazy. Why don't ya just sit down and watch the movie? It's not going to kill you... too hard.

Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, if I'm not already dead, I doubt anything like that's going to put me that way.

Now I really don't need to watch the movie. I found a Waterworld fanfiction on FF.net (possibly the only one on the Internet!) and now have a pretty good idea of how much of the movie worked.

This gave me an interesting idea: What if Atlantis were blown to pieces? (Probably because Kavanaugh tried to build a propulsion system.) Dr. Morgan would be in her lab with all her potted plants, floating around at weird angles. Give her laptop batteries 6-10 hours to run out, and the sign will go up: "Will Trade Dirt for Paper". It's amazing how fast things decline.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are such a dork...

-Night before last, I was dreaming that John Sheppard was the child of two water-elementals. Water-elemental-whats, I don't know. I also remember seeing snails in the grass on an alien planet. I think Worf was there.

-Last night, I dreamed that Dr. Weir had gotten a bit wraithed. She'd gone a little gray at the fringes.

AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who has strange dreams. I post my dreams in my myspace blog mostly, though. And I have a couple of other dream journals from before.

My theory on dreams is that they are a way of telling you what's on your mind. If you watched Aladdin the night before and are worried about your history test, you might have a dream that Jafar is your history teacher.

One of the recurring nightmares I have is forgetting to get dressed. Then the rest of the dream is spent looking for clothes and trying to keep from being seen.

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was having a pretty loopy dream. As it started out, I was my blue-skinned Internet avatar self.

-Firstly I won 10,000 dollars from a slot machine.
-Next thing, I had my camera in my purse and I was outside at night. Nothing to photograph at night, of course - I was waiting for it to get light - but I do remember hearing chickens high up in the trees...
-No longer my blue-skinned alter-ego. I'd made my way to my grandmother's, sometime after the sun rose. She offered to drive me home... all, what, eighth a mile of it?
-Stuff happened. Next thing I knew, I was at some fancy save-the-lions fundraiser party with my family. They had these really cool chocolates in assorted flavors. I went for the rose-flavored one.
-They had a cabana boy. Don't ask.
-Gilbert Gottfried was there. I was talking to him, and somehow or another, we ended up going outside. I spotted a bunch of fireflies - "I thought fireflies only lived in southern areas," I'd remarked. We approached the fireflies. For some reason, we ended up walking... who knew where?
-Somehow or another, me and Mr. Gottfried ended up in a train station in... Russia? Some Slavic country, anyhow. Thanks to his diminutive size, he managed to hide from some kind of inspector. Me, being an innocuous-looking female, was not an issue. I remarked to Gottfried that that was why short guys were cool.

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I was having all manner of strange dreams. Most notably, however, were two events.

-There was a knocking at our door. I looked outside the window; Rodney McKay was standing on the porch, where he was apparently psychokinetically knocking on the door. I opened it, let him in, and asked him in all seriousness if his head was hurting yet.

-This little mushroom (size and shape) man had set up some kind of stand where he was selling poisonous mushrooms for some reason. This turned out to be an adventure game, so for the heck of it I'd ended up having the hero eat one of these poisonous mushrooms to see what would happen. So, what ends up happening, is that the hero, who looks an awful lot like Joe Flanigan, turns into a little mushroom-guy himself. He eventually turned back, though he kept having these weird mushroom-guy tendancies. Which included making quack-like sounds a lot. (Oh, laugh your pants off, Janette.) All in all, it turned out to be the longest cutscene I think I've ever seen in my life.

AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you strange dream people considered keeping a journal of all your strange dreams? I've been doing so since I was fourteen. I kept them in a private journal at first, but recently I've been posting them in a blog. They are so fun to look back on.

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda what I've been doing with this thread. Wink

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently dreamed that John Sheppard was turning into some kind of reptillian humanoid. In my dream, his hair had almost fallen out, his skin was turning very pale, and he'd grown a rather short ridge down the middle of his head. (Maybe an inch high.)

THIS WAS THE COOLEST TRANSFORMATION EVER!

Why?

-Sheppard was understandably upset over this, but the transformation WASN'T making him act weird.
-The transformation was apparently going to take six months to complete. (Very reasonable.)
-He wasn't growing or losing inordinate appendages.
-His teeth weren't doing anything.

In other words, it was a reasonable sci-fi transformation. Ah, the transformation of my dreams!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum