Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - A villain should be...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A villain should be...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago fans will strangle me for this, but I think he was the perfect villainous sidekick. I like the redemption and what he's like after that, but my favourite Iago will always be the one who cackled with Jafar. Those two had exactly the kind of villain/sidekick relationship that I love.

I like sidekicks but I'm not a huge fan of the "I'm in power and you're worthless; everything that goes wrong is your fault!" variety. I'd rather have the villain and sidekick on a more equal level so that they can argue, talk back to each other and so on.
Lord Mozenrath
Apathetic Lord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessHikaru wrote:
Now, I have another question. What do you all think about villain sidekicks? Would you rather your ideal villain had one or not? Or does it depend on the villain?

Personally, I think it depends on the villain. I love the sidekicks that the villain in question is always yelling at to get the job done right. The exchange can be so funny sometimes.

~Hikaru

Well, I yell at Xerxes and beat him up for his failiures, but he's still loyal to me after all these years. Let's just say it's tough love, and I'm tough, but fair to that eel.

Besides, I would be really angry if anyone kills Xerxes.

Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with VampireNaomi, I think Iago is a great sidekick for Jafar. Of course I think Jafar would have come up with equally great ideas WITHOUT having an obnoxious parrot around, but yes, I like Iago. He's very funny. But if I were a villain I'd have a sidekick that understood me but couldn't talk. Like an evil cat or something, or Maleficent's raven. [Interesting: The raven is officially called Diablo in references and merchandise descriptions but you never hear its name in the movie.] I would get too annoyed by a talking sidekick. I mean, look at Pain and Panic. Those guys are obnoxious! And they never do anything right! [And how about this: they work for Hades but are afraid of Jafar. Huh?] Sorry if this seems long. I can talk an awful lot about villains. Especially Disney ones.
And by the way, Lord Mozenrath, in your signature "inconvenient" is spelled incorrectly.
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafar had the perfect plan in RoJ, and he didn't even need Iago to come up with it.

Pain & Panic are afraid of their own shadows, I think. There were instances when they were afraid of Hades. I mean, after they screwed up on killing Hercules, they lied about it for eighteen years. So yeah, they're a couple of cowards. Of course, what sidekick isn't? Iago has proven to be chicken on a few occasions. But he does it in such a humourous way.

I saw that Mozenfake spelled 'convenient' wrong on his banner thing, and I laughed about it. How embarrassing to misspell a word on a graphic that you'd have to redo if you made any mistakes. Unless, perhaps, you did it in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, but I have a feeling he didn't. It doesn't help to tell him that he misspelled it, though. He only hears what he wants, and it's my guess he doesn't come around here much anymore.

~Hikaru
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's going to think I'm biased for saying this, since I'm an Iago fan, but...

A perfect plan succeeds. Wink
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
Everyone's going to think I'm biased for saying this, since I'm an Iago fan, but...

A perfect plan succeeds. Wink

I don't call that being biased... I call that common sense! Very Happy

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And common sense is what a villain should have or at least be competent (sp?) enough to avoid most of the major mistakes lesser villains often make.
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spelled competent correctly. I'm sorry to be the spelling dictionary but I'm very good with words. And if I didn't know how to spell something, there's this handy invention called a dictionary. I don't really have more to say on our current topic, which is unusual for me, but I need to be getting to another website before my laptop battery dies on me.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least two dictionaries and one thesaurus around here... and the ever-so-useful Dictionary.com. Very Happy

Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use that site alot. *has it saved under her favorites*
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Dictionary.com search box on my homepage. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum