Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Senior Ring Day at school today
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senior Ring Day at school today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Senior Ring Day at school today Reply with quote

Well, it's Disney and Aladdin related but I think it fits better in this section.

The underclassmen made us posters for our ring day today. All the princesses shared one poster, but I'm pleased to say Jasmine had an extra poster all to herself. Very Happy

She was in the bird pose Laughing But still, it's nice for Jas to get some recognition. Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have heard me when I was reading this post

"YAY! JASMINE GOT A POSTER! WHOO! Very Happy "

"...DAMMIT! IT'S THE BIRD POSE Mad "

Laughing

That's still cool either way. I would have geeked and asked if I could have the poster Laughing
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, how nice of the underclassmen.

...What's Senior Ring Day?

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Day is this whole big ceremony for us to get our school rings. Only seniors get school rings and we don't get them at graduation like some schools, but during Ring Day.

I was a big dork and asked my sister to take a picture of all the posters just so I could have proof. I forgot to take more pictures of myself Laughing

I should've asked to keep the poster but they probably wouldn't have let me. I could've just taken it and ran but the poster was kind of huge and it would be very obvious. Laughing "Uh, yeah, I'm in the art department and they asked us to take this down...no just this Jasmine poster. ::rolls up poster:: Tell no one that you saw me." Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janette Morgan wrote:
Aww, how nice of the underclassmen.

...What's Senior Ring Day?

It's the day where they celebrate THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL, of course.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one of my post-Prom parties they had cardboard cutouts of different Disney characters, but someone else stole the Aladdin before I got a chance to. Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who it was? Laughing

Were you a little surprised someone stole him before you did? If that happened at my school I'd wonder, "You mean there's a bigger Aladdin fan than me in this school? Who??" Laughing

I'd totally steal the Aladdin cut out whilst singing "One Jump Ahead"
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone stole Aladdin--oooh the irony Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no, it's kind of a tradition to steal the decorations, so people would steal him even if they weren't fans. For instance, a couple of years later my sister made off with Secret Squirrel and she's not a fan of that. Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For School Spirit Week my senior year (back in fall of 2002), every class had a "theme" to decorate the hallways, and all of the themes that year were animated. Freshmen were Ninja Turtles, can't remember what sophomores were to save my life, juniors were SpongeBob, and seniors were Disney. (Seniors usually got the broades, easiest theme since they're supposed to win spirit week, but our class had a lot of lazy people so we STILL didn't win...and our hall decorations were disqualified because someone used the store display from the then-new Beauty and the Beast DVD and all the decorations had to have been student-made...*headdesk*)

Anywho! I labored over a drawing of a bunch of the Aladdin cast...I used an image from one of the Burger King "inflatable Aladdin pillowy-thing in a plastic box!" toys as my reference...I had Genie giving Aladdin bunny ears, Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, and Abu riding on Carpet, and I was SO proud of how it turned out, especially since I had to draw a lot bigger than the image I was looking at and don't have artistic training. I wanted to save it after Spirit Week ended, but one of the teachers saw me taking it down and said "Oh, we're doing a trick-or-treat in the school this weekend; you have to leave the decorations up!" I argued, she insisted, I hung the gang on the wall again. By the end of that day, clean-up had gone through and torn everything off the walls anyway. I still get bitter if I think about it. Sad (Luckily, I do have a picture of it somewhere!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum