Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - The Timeline Of Events In The Aladdin Universe?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Timeline Of Events In The Aladdin Universe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booncy
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: The Timeline Of Events In The Aladdin Universe? Reply with quote

Does anyone know the accurate order of events that occur in the Aladdin universe? It's just something that I (as a hardcore Aladdin fan) randomly thought up as I was rewatching the series in my spare time.

These are the episodes that I narrowed down that mention ancient legends or important events:

"The Great Rift"
"Eye of the Beholder"
"The Lost Ones"
"The Prophet Motive"
"Witch Way Did She Go"
"Sea No Evil"
"Seems Like Old Crimes pt.1"
"The Citadel"
"Sneeze The Day"
"Amored and Dangerous"
"Garden of Evil"
"Web of Fear"
"Genie Hunt"
"Plunder The Sea"
"Lost and Founded"
"The Sands of Fate"
*And almost every Mozenrath episode where he mentions/collects an ancient magical being or item (lol).*

And this is the accurate order of the movies/series/crossover:

Aladdin
The Return of Jafar
Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams (More Than A Peacock Princess) (Lol, Yes I actually count this movie into the canon timeline)
The Aladdin series
Aladdin and the King of Thieves
Hercules and the Arabian Night

There's also the births (and deaths for some) of all of the characters from all 3 movies & the series PLUS the inclusion of Disney's Hercules' timeline into Aladdin's Shocked .

Last edited by Booncy on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aladdincentral.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=59672#59672

I think that's the closest we've come Laughing
Booncy
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, great thread btw - very informative Smile! I haven't finished reading it yet, but I kinda meant pre-Aladdin movies/series history, legends, & events that were mentioned in the series that existed in Aladdin's univerise storywise prior to the first movie, and not the episode production order.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hero with a Thousand Feathers" has some, as well, since Amok mentioned that he once ruled Agrabah.

"As the Netherworld Turns" has Bobolonious, who I'm assumed ruled Agrabah at one point. I mean, it's never stated, but he is Sultan's grandfather and he is in the palace of Agrabah.

(Unless, of course, another Kingdom did not have the rule about marrying royality... so Sultan's grandfather wouldn't necessarily need to be royality (if a mortal man/woman married into the royal family of the other kingdom, they had a royal child, who had Sultan... I'm babbling, but I hope the point is clear).

Seriously, just trying to figure out the rule of Agrabah is a pain in the ass. Laughing
Booncy
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, at this rate it'll take years before we Aladdin fans can accurately figure out the timeline of events prior to the first movie Rolling Eyes .
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booncy wrote:
Lol, at this rate it'll take years before we Aladdin fans can accurately figure out the timeline of events prior to the first movie Rolling Eyes .

Yeah, the writers were really not concerned about those kind of details, I think. Case in point: Prince Bud and his abnormally rapid aging. Laughing And then there was all the stuff that happened exactly 1000 years ago...

Right now I'm not even attempting to fit Hercules and the Arabian Night into the timeline; it's just impossible to get that to work with the real world. Confused
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Hercules crossover really got to me. I mean, Hades is immortal, so for all we know he could have still been running the underworld in the 9th century, but Hercules himself would be long dead, and Greek society would be nowhere near the ancient Greek society, by the time Agrabah came into the picture.

I think at this rate I'm just going to say Aladdin happened in an alternate-universe version of Arabia. Close enough to the real one to pass, but somehow contemporary with the alternate-universe version of ancient Greece.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally write off Hercules and the Arabian Night as non non-canon.

But then again, there's those pesky Gallifemme episodes. Razz

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafaria wrote:

I think at this rate I'm just going to say Aladdin happened in an alternate-universe version of Arabia. Close enough to the real one to pass, but somehow contemporary with the alternate-universe version of ancient Greece.

That's what I do as well. I've never even considered the events of Aladdin to have happened in our world. You've got magic, monsters, nations/countries that never existed etc. so I think historical accuracy isn't that important, as long as one respects the rules set in canon and stays within the realms of what is believable (that one fanfic about Aladdin and Jasmine's Indian daughter travelling to the US and eating in McDonalds is a good example of what not to do).

And I love the Hercules episode because it gives me the excuse to write Mechanikles as an actual ancient Greek, not a lunatic who just thinks he's one. Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once read a crossover fanfic that went so far as to say that Agrabah was on another planet. Laughing

I don't know; I try to keep it as consistent with the real world as I can just for the challenge of it, but it's impossible to get it to work completely. Anywhere it makes sense to put Agrabah has already been taken by some other culture. Laughing

VampireNaomi wrote:
And I love the Hercules episode because it gives me the excuse to write Mechanikles as an actual ancient Greek, not a lunatic who just thinks he's one. Laughing

No, see, he built himself a time machine! Or some kind of cryogenic chamber... Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:

Non non-canon? Isn't that a fancy way of saying 'canon' with a double negative?

I've always just figured that maybe weird things happen if Carpet starts traveling too fast...say, around 88 mph. But there is that pesky lack of a flux capacitor...
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariellen wrote:
Syera wrote:

Non non-canon? Isn't that a fancy way of saying 'canon' with a double negative?

Naw, that's one of my pesky Bushismite typos. I can keep most of them reined in, but every now and then one gets away. Razz

I generally write off HATAB as non-canon. There.

Quote:
I've always just figured that maybe weird things happen if Carpet starts traveling too fast...say, around 88 mph. But there is that pesky lack of a flux capacitor...

That does explain a few things. Finally, the scenic route through ancient Egypt is no longer a mystery. XD

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
Quote:

That does explain a few things. Finally, the scenic route through ancient Egypt is no longer a mystery. XD
Not to mention that he can get from Arabia to China in two and a half minutes. Something funny's going on there. Laughing
Mirage
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Uhm why do you place More than a Peacock before the TV series? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum