Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - ‘Aladdin’ musical to remain at Disney’s California Adventure
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

‘Aladdin’ musical to remain at Disney’s California Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: ‘Aladdin’ musical to remain at Disney’s California Adventure Reply with quote

Disney revealed today that the popular “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” at Disney’s California Adventure theme park will not close as previously announced.

The show was scheduled to close on August 15 to make way for “Toy Story – The Musical” (from Disney Cruise Line)but “by popular demand,” the “Aladdin” show will continue to be performed at the theme park’s Hyperion Theater.

So will “Toy Story – The Musical” make it to the parks? Disney says: “Buzz, Woody and their pals will stay focused on the new additions in Toy Story Mania…for now”

Disney also notes that as part of the ongoing improvement/expansion of Disney’s California Adventure, construction will begin around the theater on August 15, but they will keep the “Aladdin” show up and running as much as possible.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/05/aladdin-musical-stage-show-will-remain-at-disneys-california-adventure/

That's real funny, Disney Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right! Very Happy That seriously made my day. Hmm..now if only they'd release the TV series on DVD..
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's encouraging to see Disney listening to fans like this. I wonder how much of it was to do with the problems the Toy Story show is having and how much is to do with fan complaints about Aladdin going away?

Maybe now I'll be able to see it someday. Very Happy
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all cheered up about this until I asked my fiance if we could go (going to Disneyland in January for honeymoon), but he refuses to buy two adult tickets for the Adventure park just to see a 45 minute Aladdin muscial, as he put it... Sad

This coming from a man who, while I currently watch Aladdin, is reciting all the lines in the right voices (except Jasmine...)
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll crack when you're there, don't worry Laughing
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He already agreed to three days at Disneyland much to his frustration, and considering we'd have flown for 14 hours to get there, he shouldn't mind 45 minutes one we're there.

And surprisingly, annoying him constantly about it finally forces him to give in to these sorts of things Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum