Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin BluRay Wish List
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin BluRay Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Aladdin BluRay Wish List Reply with quote

At some point, Aladdin's going to show up on BluRay (who the hell knows when, but still Laughing ) What would you guys like to see on the disc?

First of all, I'd be really happy to have everything from the DVD set ported over, because it's all so fantastic. Esp. the stuff with Gilbert on the second disc, it kills me. Plus, those commentaries are fantastic. I mean, it'd be cool if they'd do a new commentary, but if they didn't for Beauty and the Beast or Lion King, they certainly won't for us.

I kind of wish they'd do some updated footage of the voice cast for the new release, and feature some more interviews? Maybe show some footage of Linda and Lea getting their Legend Awards?

I figure there's also going to be some stuff about the Broadway show on the disc, so I'd like to see some interviews with the creative team there and possibly the actors? Esp. Jonathan, for joy of having him be Jafar for 20+ years.

Finally, if at all possible, some footage with Robin Williams would be nice to have. No idea where he and Disney stand now, but if possible, it'd be neat. Maybe just some more of his outtakes?

I'd also like to see some better features on the BluRays for RoJ and KoT, but lol like that will happen. If nothing else, could they at least fix the aspect ratio for KOT? Thinking about that DVD still infuriates me. Laughing
Aladdinfan7
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'd much rather the TV series finally be released (preferably by Shout! Factory, they do top quality work).

The movies have had their VHS/DVD releases in the past, while maybe like a handful of episodes from the TV series have made it onto VHS tapes (and even then those tapes weren't even advertised, so the general public doesn't really know about them at all).

I'd LOVE for the episodes on the DVD to be placed in logical, chronological order, rather than production code order. Also an even splitting of the first 77 episodes of the series (I say 77 rather than 78 because of the Bud issue Laughing, the Bud episode should go into the '95 CBS season episodes instead). Have the first 38 episodes of the series be packaged as "Season 1" in the boxset (with the syndicated version of the theme song being the theme song for those episodes), the next 39 episodes of the series be packaged as "Season 2" in the boxset (with the '94 CBS version of the theme song being the theme song for those episodes), and the final 9 episodes of the series be packaged as "Season 3" in the boxset (of course having the '95 CBS version of the theme song).
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'd absolutely love to have the series released and/or put up on sites like Netflix for viewing. Problem is, it's never gonna happen. Laughing

I feel like the only logical order for the series is the production order, which avoids the major inconsistencies we find in the aired order. As for Bud, he makes perfect sense if you support the idea that the series might take place over a shit ton of time. Laughing I think Heather once broke it down to between three and five years for the series, possibly, with most of the episodes taking place in the last year or so? They be busy. Laughing My headcanon is locked in the idea of a three-year time span between the original film and KOT.

Not that I'm opposed to the idea of simply moving the Bud episode to another point to make everything tighter time-wise. It makes some sense.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mayyyyyyy or may not have downloaded every single episode into my iTunes...

Bud doesn't bother me - I just imagine that Odiferons grow super quickly, like ubermen or something.

----

On topic, I'm not a huge BluRay fan and probably wouldn't buy it unless it had special features. What would those be? Eh, the first DVD pretty much covered it. More interviews, deleted scenes, storyboards, rough recordings, and production videos maybe!

I know it's highly unlikely, but actually animating and having the original cast voice a deleted scene or song (ala "Human Again") could be really cool.
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with the 2004 DVD. I definitely agree that they need to do the series; it's overdue.

Only thing I'd really want is alllll the Robin Williams footage but that's not gonna happen Laughing And maybe some stuff pertaining to the Broadway musical?
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just struck me that with the success of the stage show, we might get some features about the Ashman-version of the film on the blu ray. Given that the musical takes quite a bit from it (and even more in pre-Broadway versions), it certainly a possibility. I'd like to hear some more about how Babkak, Omar, and Kassim were going to be used, plus the dynamic of the two genies. It'd be fascinating, IMO.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally! I'd love to see that.

I think they did a good job with the 2004 DVD--I still watch some features now.
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Aladdin BluRay Wish List Reply with quote

Salukfan wrote:

Finally, if at all possible, some footage with Robin Williams would be nice to have. No idea where he and Disney stand now, but if possible, it'd be neat. Maybe just some more of his outtakes?

I'd definitely want to see this now, or if nothing else a featurette dedicated to him and his work in the franchise or just in general. Aladdin's the perfect film to have such a tribute.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tribute or memorandum is almost guaranteed to be on there now, but I almost feel like Disney is gonna hold on to that footage even more and keep it to themselves because the value of it just went up by a ton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum