Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Looking for an old Mozenrath fic series
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for an old Mozenrath fic series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for an old Mozenrath fic series Reply with quote

Hi, I hope there are still people around here. I've been on an Aladdin kick lately and I recalled a series of fanfics I read at least some ten years go (maybe even longer than that). I haven't had any luck finding the stories again, so I was wondering if someone here knows about them.

It was a series of long fanfics, and I think it was hosted on someone's personal fansite. The first story in the series was about Aladdin and Mozenrath being stuck in the wilderness and having to learn to work together to survive. In the second story, Mozenrath pulled some evil scheme that resulted in Jasmine going on an adventure. At the end of that one, she defeated him and pretended that she was going to cut off his skeletal hand as a punishment for making her go through all that. I can't remember what the other stories were like, but I know there were a few more.

If anyone knows anything about these fics, that would make me really happy! I hope they still exist somewhere.

Edit: I was able to track down some Mozenrath fansites with the Internet Wayback machine, and I suspect the stories I mean are Unlikely Allies and Hero Takes a Fall by Kat, but even the Wayback Machine can't get the links working for me. Does anyone have these stories, or are they possibly archived on another site?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little searching but didn't come up with anything :/

I'd love to find some old ones that I wrote back in the day - they're probably terrible, but I'd be so amused!

Alack.
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a lot of stuff from the old days of the fandom has been lost, and it's really sad. At least the Library of Agrabah is still up and running. I should probably make back-ups of some of my favourite fics since no website exists forever. There are really good ones on FF.Net as well.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Naomi, long time no see! Laughing

Were you able to pull up some snippets of the fics at least? You might be able to do a google search and see if it's located somewhere else now, or at least view the website cached.
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Smile It was really nice to come here and see that the boards are still up. These days, it feels that fandom activity is all on Tumblr and more about sharing pictures than talking to other fans, and that's not really my thing.

No, I couldn't get anything. I can open the main page of the fanfic archive with all the titles and links, but I've had no luck with any of the stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum