Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - When did Robin Williams record his lines?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When did Robin Williams record his lines?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Livejournal? In a younger, more embarrassing version of myself? Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, LiveJournal! And are you kidding?! I loved your Aladdin posts and musings. They were always so funny and enjoyable. I was sad when you either changed the privacy settings, deleted, or moved everything (or some other fourth option).

Like, really sad. :'(
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Agrabah? For some reason I wasn't able to post there anymore. Livejournal did one of its 2092902092 updates and I was given an error every time I tried to post Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was your actual LJ page (although your posts at Agrabah were also entertaining). It just went blank one day. I could only access your profile and your userpics. I assumed you set it to Friends Only or something, and since I wasn't your friend, I felt it would be weird if I asked you about it.

'Cause, you know...I didn't want you to think I was stalking you or anything...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I use to have my blog open for years but then everyone left and it felt weird leaving it that way.

Hey, people stalking me is how I made a lot of friends Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's one "stalker" who was sad when I could no longer read it. ^^ I thought you were so funny. Your posts almost always made me laugh out loud (or at least...smile really big). But it's cool to actually talk to you now.
imekitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quote from Ted found on this site. I read all these before a long time ago. Just forgot about them.

Quote:
> How did your 'Aladdin' Genie dialogue look before
> Mr. Williams went crazy on it?

80% of the time, it looked exactly like it would if you transcribed the final movie (round abouts there, anyway).

Really. It was clocked because of a contract dispute between Robin Williams and Disney, and that's the number they came to: Robin Williams improvised 20% of his dialogue.

And even when he improvised, there was already something there for him to record if he didn't improvise.

In other words: it's your job to write a complete script, beginning to end, with great characters and scenes and dialogue.

The actors add the icing -- they don't bake the cake.

Ted

But I guess we might never know for sure exactly what was improvised and what was scripted, which is what I want to know. :b But going through the movie, I can make a guess just based on what seems to actually be relevant to the plot and what seems to be an "unneeded" joke.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
Well, here's one "stalker" who was sad when I could no longer read it. ^^ I thought you were so funny. Your posts almost always made me laugh out loud (or at least...smile really big). But it's cool to actually talk to you now.

Eh, I more or less stopped updating after that because my life became uninteresting so you're not missing much Laughing

imekitty wrote:
But I guess we might never know for sure exactly what was improvised and what was scripted, which is what I want to know. :b But going through the movie, I can make a guess just based on what seems to actually be relevant to the plot and what seems to be an "unneeded" joke.

See, now I'm curious as to what was a line they wrote and it didn't later work/they rescripted because we could be thinking it was improvised but it wasn't.
imekitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, see, that's what I enjoyed about your writing. You took completely ordinary anecdotes that would otherwise be uninteresting and made them hilarious.

But I won't embarrass you anymore. XD

I think we need an Aladdin edition of MythBusters.

1. Did Robin Williams really improvise a majority of his lines?

2. Is Aladdin (and Jasmine) really fair-skinned with Caucasian features compared to the dark-skinned and ethnic-looking Jafar (and other characters)?

3. Is it really true that Aladdin was modeled after Michael J. Fox and then later modeled after Tom Cruise?

4. Does Aladdin really tell teenagers to disrobe?

5. Is Aladdin really set in a post-apocalyptic future?

And I guess we'd have to throw in some true ones to balance it out, but those wouldn't be as fun to debunk.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I tried Laughing

5 always cracks me up because it's already unrealistic Agrabah survived as long as it did with the same family blood line and no other country managed to conquer it and yet the influence of other areas is present in the designs in the city. Yes there's modern anachronisms, but there's no way the British, the Spanish, or the French didn't find a way to get in there somehow Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, but in Agrabah, incredible feats are routine every hour or so...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum