Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Vocal Spectrum - Aladdin Medley
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vocal Spectrum - Aladdin Medley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Vocal Spectrum - Aladdin Medley Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has ever heard this Aladdin medley before since it came out in 2011 (so if you have, I'm sorry), but if not, I thought it would be cool to post it for others to enjoy. I came across it a while ago, forgot about it, and then saw it again when I was looking for music on YouTube to listen to as I wrote a Shakespeare essay for one of my profs.

It's by the American a cappella, barbershop quartet Vocal Spectrum and, in my opinion, I think it's really well done, especially at the end when the tenor Tim Waurick holds a single note for around 22 seconds. Or maybe it's just because I think anyone who can actually sing is amazing, since I myself can't. I'm thinking it's more so the latter reason. Embarassed

Anyway, have a look at it and hopefully you enjoy it! There are a few others of theirs on YouTube as well. I really love the Hercules "Go The Distance" version because seriously, who doesn't love that song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBjZQtexJI
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept singing along! Haha. Did they mix up the lyrics on One Jump Ahead on purpose? And I was hoping to hear them sing the counterpoint during Prince Ali, but they didn't, aw.

I had never heard this before. It's really good! I'd love to hear them sing How Quick They Forget. :D
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sang along too! I mean, how can you not? Very Happy

I think they deliberately altered the lyrics to "One Jump Ahead" so they could make for an easier way into "Friend Like Me," but I'm not 100% sure obviously. But I agree with you: I would have loved to hear their rendition of the "Prince Ali (reprise)." I feel like it would have been really intense!

I'm glad you liked it! I've done something good on this message board. Yay Very Happy
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no, sorry, I meant the counterpoint, not the reprise. You know, when the harem girls sing "There's no question this Ali's alluring." But the reprise would've been awesome, too! But maybe they felt it wasn't necessary, and I guess it wasn't.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not your fault at all. I'm the one who should be apologizing because I totally misread your previous comment. I'm so sorry for that! Embarassed

I might be going out on a limb here, but maybe they didn't add the ladies' lines because it took away not only from the individual singing Genie's part, but the underlying music they themselves were doing in the background. What I mean is, there are only four members of the group. If one of them is singing Genie's part, maybe they feared that it would sound too cluttered with at least two of them trying to make instrumental noises, while the last one sings the female lyrics. I'm not too sure, though. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum