Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Snowflakes in Agrabah
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snowflakes in Agrabah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinister Cutlass
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read Aladdin's smiles as 'creepy'... it all just looked like a typical modern Disney story that pays little attention to canonical details and is mostly aimed at pleasing little kids who didn't see the original movie anyway and who only know Jasmine from the Disney Princess franchise. When I go in with that expectation, I'm rarely disappointed.

Nice colors, I'll say. But I don't think the people who wrote and illustrated this story ever watched the TV show; they probably don't even know who Al Gebraic is. What I'm wondering is, where's Genie? Genie was certainly all over the advertising for this film while Robin was alive... maybe now that he's not, Genie can no longer appear in anything 'Aladdin'-related?
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a joke, I do that. Very Happy

I'm just kidding. I totally understand where you're coming from and I honestly don't expect the writers of this particular story to really have much knowledge of the TV series, like the character Al Gebraic or how the characters have seen snow. I just thought Al had a very interesting facial expression, that's all.

That's actually a really interesting point about why Genie might be missing because it confused me why he wasn't there. Hmm... makes me want to look more into this mysterious disappearance of one of my favourite characters.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter again. These images still make me laugh.

But I just noticed that Aladdin has been feminized beyond his shoes (and coat shape). His hand/wrist positions are kind of...well, they're coming off a little fruity. Especially the one where he's holding the snowball. His other hand is just so limp and hahahahaha.

And then the next one where he's holding the roasting stick. So dainty.

And the sassy way his hand is on his hip in the last image.

And I just realized that his hands are really small in the first image. Like the same size as Jasmine's.

Maybe that's why he's looking so maniacally happy. Jasmine is finally letting him experiment with his gender identity. Or maybe he's hopped-up on meds so that he stops crying about how he wasn't born a woman.

I would like to ask the artist his/her interpretation of what's going on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum