Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - How many wishes do I get, again?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many wishes do I get, again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
771Wishes
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: How many wishes do I get, again? Reply with quote

Greetings, everyone! I’m James, and I’ve been an “Aladdin” fan since seeing the Disney film in the early 90s. I also loved the direct-to-video sequels, the series, and the cast albums of the stage versions (both the California Adventure and Broadway versions) — hoping to see it live someday. I was guided to this forum by my boyfriend genieownsmyheart, and look forward to meeting you all! Very Happy

In addition to “Aladdin,” I’m also a fan of many of the other Disney films and franchises, and lots of other musicals. “Les Misérables,” “Sweeney Todd,” and “The Phantom of the Opera” are some of my favorites (and in the case of “Phantom,” I’m interested in many of its forms, from the original novel on). I also love sci-fi films and shows, mystery series, and Japanese dramas. (Watching Japanese dubs of Disney films and seeing how the lyrics were translated is a huge hobby of mine, by the way.)

But anyway, I’m eager to explore the forum and chat with you all! Smile
genieownsmyheart
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you there babe. <3

Welcome to Agrabah and enjoy your stay.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Hope you will enjoy your stay here. Very Happy
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy! Very Happy

Who's your favorite Aladdin character?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I'm Meesh! That's a solid list of fandoms - Do you have a top 5 of your favorite Disney movies?
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I'm Fez_Head and it's awesome to have another awesome Aladdin fan on this website! Very Happy Very Happy

I think it's so cool that you watch and understand Disney movies in Japanese. It's such an interesting language. One of my friends took a few Japanese courses in university and she really enjoyed it.
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, sailor!
771Wishes
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! Very Happy

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Howdy! Very Happy

Who's your favorite Aladdin character?

That’s a tough one... I love Al’s courage and selflessness, Jasmine’s independence, Genie’s humor and giving nature, Jafar’s evil laugh (which I’ve tried to replicate; Twisted Evil ), and the ability Abu and Iago both have to come around and do the right thing.

Meesh wrote:
Hi - I'm Meesh! That's a solid list of fandoms - Do you have a top 5 of your favorite Disney movies?

Ooh... Mine would probably be:
1) Fantasia
2) The Hunchback of Notre Dame
3) The Lion King
4) Beauty and the Beast
5) Aladdin

With honorable mentions for Sleeping Beauty, The Fox and the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective, Lady and the Tramp, and Moana. (Full disclosure: I’m a Hawaii resident, so that’s part of the reason for that. ^_^ ) Ah, and several of the Pixar ones, as well.

Fez_Head wrote:
Hi there! I'm Fez_Head and it's awesome to have another awesome Aladdin fan on this website! Very Happy Very Happy

I think it's so cool that you watch and understand Disney movies in Japanese. It's such an interesting language. One of my friends took a few Japanese courses in university and she really enjoyed it.

Oh yes, it’s great fun! Funny thing is I saw the Japanese dub of Mary Poppins years before I saw the film in English. Laughing And what’s interesting is that for the films that have been adapted into stage musicals (including Aladdin), the folks in charge completely retranslated the lyrics. Sometimes, the new lyrics were a big improvement (Hunchback), sometimes the film lyrics didn’t really need to be fixed imo (Lion King), and sometimes the retranslation worked for some songs but not others (BATB and Aladdin). And the really weird thing is that for the live-action BATB film, they completely retranslated the lyrics again. So I’m wondering if the same thing will happen for the live-action Aladdin when it premieres in Japan.

Wow, that was a long tangent. lol
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Moana doesn't get enough love because Disney was drunk off that Frozen juice too long and everything they made after eclipsed it for a while, but every Hawaiian native I know loves it and I get "How Far I'll Go" stuck in my head all the time.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Not every day you meet someone who has Fantasia in their Top 5, let alone #1!!

I'd also be interested to know what some of these good/bad lyric changes involved...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum