Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - 2 story ideas, curious if anyone find them decent enough
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 story ideas, curious if anyone find them decent enough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: 2 story ideas, curious if anyone find them decent enough Reply with quote

Warning: the following rambling may be long and even confusing. Feel free to ask stuff if something is not clear.

So since I got into fanfics (plus generally being interested in stories) I have been trying to come up with stories that are actually good enough to be shown to others. For years I was thinking on an OC-like story mixing in some world-building and mystery to it, but I dropped it due to it becoming way too long for its own good.

However, I did not throw away all ideas and stuff I created for it and would like to use them and see if they work and people would be interested in.

The first one is inspired by Two to Tangle. I noticed how weird Mozenrath' soulless body was plus the fact that Aladdin's soul seemed to have magic. What if all people have magic inside of them, just not that enough to actually be able to use it on their own?

So I started to work around the idea of golems with some Matrix influence and have the Crystal of Ix able to capture souls and forcefully use that sad magic in them, similarly how Mozenrath did when he captured Genie. The crystals would be in artificial bodies, made of magical sands that resonate with how the magic is in the soul, making the bodies nearly perfect vessels for said powers while still have them nearly indestructable. Only true weakpoint is the crystal itself: once that is broken, the whole golem is destroyed as well, while the soul can rest at last.

I will further explore this, trying to show it a bit more realisticly (ergo not purely evil, especially given how this whole thing started) plus do some world building via using elements from both the original franchise and from the new movie.

Story itself will take place after the 3rd movie, mysterious murderers and attacks happen everywhere in the Seven Deserts and Aladdin and his friends try to find out what's happening, who is behind these and why.

The other is more character-driven. Main focus will be a girl who is half genie (she's a result of a wish) and basically will be about how she will slowly recover from the not so happy stuff that happened to her in the past and accept herself how she is.

I have the basic plot for both and the major plot points, as well as how characters are in it, but unsure if these basis are good enough. What do you guys think?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool! I haven't had time to read fan fiction in a long time, but I think something original for those who do would be a breath of fresh air.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Sounds cool! I haven't had time to read fan fiction in a long time, but I think something original for those who do would be a breath of fresh air.

Well I hope it's original enough. Very Happy

Should be able to start writing in the next few days.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I got in to Aladdin fanfic more to help, but sounds interesting! I'm always up for post-third movie stories.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I wish I got in to Aladdin fanfic more to help, but sounds interesting! I'm always up for post-third movie stories.

It's alright, just wondered if the idea(s) could be good enough for a story. I rather stay open to feedback and criticism to know where I should improve.

Will start the writing later today and hopefully can get the first chapter finished during the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum