Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - My Japan Aladdin Photos
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Japan Aladdin Photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few pictures today, from May and June 2016.

I went to a temporary museum exhibit that was all about the Disney princesses. Smile

In the hallway outside the entrance there were figures like this for each princess.

Jasmine's description: "Courageous and independent, values honesty and justice over power and status."

These Aladdin maquettes were my number one favourite part of the exhibit. I don't know why they're kind of discoloured, though ... just the passage of time I guess? I hope they're being taken care of properly.

All right, back to DisneySea stuff. Apparently I got another English explanation for the Sindbad ride hahaha. On top of it are souvenir medallions for DisneySea's 15th anniversary. First is Ariel, then Rapunzel, then at the bottom is Aladdin and Jasmine. Souvenir medallions are my Disney park merchandise weakness, but at least they're cheap. Laughing

Jasmine as a shoe.

Very happy Jasmine.

This was part of a pack of plastic folders with Disney characters in scenes representing each of the four seasons. I liked the pictures because I am all about Disney characters interacting with Japanese culture. I don't remember 100% which season this is though ... maybe fall? I think fall is often associated with moonwatching ...

A piece of DisneySea 15th anniversary merchandise with some Aladdin art near the bottom. It also looks like there was an Aladdin in the background at the very top of this photo but I cut him off haha oops.

This isn't Disney, but I went to see an Aladdin ballet and I enjoyed it very much. The sets were huge and spectacular which was exactly what I was in the mood for. Smile

There was a huge lamp made of flowers in the theatre lobby.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:

In the hallway outside the entrance there were figures like this for each princess.

This piece has been my grail figurine for as long as I could remember. Like, I'd dream up my theoretical house based around where this figurine would be in my living room for guests to admire it Laughing. I finally found someone who was selling it on ebay for $300 around 2008 instead of the usual $1900+ it goes for and I was SO EXCITED....only to have it broken to pieces during the shipping process because the sender put it in a box loose, filled it up with packing peanuts, and left it like that. UPS had to refund my money Crying or Very sad
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooof that story is a tragedy. Crying or Very sad I really hope you're able to get it someday!! Opening the box to find it in pieces due to lazy packaging must have been INFURIATING.

(I once bought a couple of magazines and received an empty envelope because the sender did the absolute bare minimum work to seal it. Evil or Very Mad)

When I was reading back through one of the Marketplace threads I saw you mention Disney figures that go on eBay for over a thousand+ dollars and I was SHOCKED ... I know Disney fans like their merchandise but WOW. Meanwhile I'm over here trying to talk myself out of ordering the expensive pizza ...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to convince myself I could fix it and it would be fine, but after the five seconds it took to realize this wasn't a quick super glue job I then tried to convince myself I didn't want it like "you know what it's not even accurate. where's rajah?" I was a rollercoaster of emotions Laughing

I've had someone mail a doll box to me in a giant plastic envelope Mad

Part of the reason that figurine is so much is because there's only 250 of them world wide (well 249 cause I can confirm one is broken to pieces Laughing), but Disney fans definitely pay big bucks for some pricey items.

https://www.shopdisney.com/walt-disney-world-cinderella-castle-sculpture-by-arribas-brothers-limited-edition-1309148

this never fails to make me laugh when I go to the parks. for that amount you could just buy a replica of the castle to live in Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that group hug figurine will be harder to find now that another figurine by the same name is coming out?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, this is the third "group hug" figurine that's come out (the one we're talking about by Capodimonte Laurenz, the Harmony Kingdom treasure box, and then the new one by Jim Shore).

The new one will probably get bought up a little quicker, though, because the first two are super limited pieces and this one won't be.
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my DREAMS when I was in Japan was to be at the Tokyo Disney Resort during a snowfall, and my dream came true in January, 2013. It was a very wet and slippery snow that drenched my socks and shut down most of the outdoor rides, but nevertheless I LOVED IT. I had been planning to spend the day in Disneyland, but I ended up park hopping juuust before I had to leave for my train so I could get a few pictures of a snowy DisneySea. Here are the ones I took in Arabian Coast:

The ship in the port area.

The bridge that leads from Arabian Coast to Mermaid Lagoon. I didn't go into Mermaid Lagoon but most of the land is made up of a large indoor area so I imagine that's where everyone was. It's kind of funny how extreme rain drives so many DisneySea visitors to take cover in the area meant to look like you're underwater ...

This poor camel!! hahaha

The camel is a popular photo spot and it even makes noises.

The parks were both very empty but I still saw several people slip and fall.

I had left my camera in a locker because I had been planning to enjoy the day without taking pictures. So when it started snowing all I had was the camera on my phone, which I had barely used before. So these two pictures are blue because I had no idea what I was doing. Smile

This might be my only DisneySea picture with not a single person in it.

Little snow mice were popping up all throughout the parks. Smile

(Snowpeople in Japan have one ball for the body and one for the head. A little different from the North American snowperson.)
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hauntingly beautiful. I've never seen a Disney Park in snow before since Florida and Southern California don't know what the word means Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum