Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Senseless hatred towards Disney (a rant)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senseless hatred towards Disney (a rant)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Senseless hatred towards Disney (a rant) Reply with quote

A little disclaimer, the following post may or may not get really ugly or harsh depending on what I think of to write, so brace yourselves.

Ever since Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm a few years back, certain people have been getting really irritating. Since then, these idiots have been making a bunch of false claims and lies about Disney, and have been terrorizing random people who are Disney fans (myself included) just because of the mere fact they are Disney fans, and they butt in on conversations with other people that are none of their business! Like last month, somebody made a YouTube post about Disney owning Capcom, and somebody agreed with then about how great it would be if that were to happen, and these two anti-Disney d-bags just decided to jump in and start terrorizing the person who left the comment calling him things like a twat and all this other disrespectful uncalled for BS. Jesus f-ing Christ! Did Disney really hurt these people so badly they have to terrorize anyone and everyone who are Disney fans?! These people really need to get a f-ing life! I swear these people have gone too far! And don’t even get me started on those god damn Star Wars Expanded Universe fans, because they especially are among the worst of these people. Plus, Marvel and Star Wars have only gotten better since Disney got control of them, and Disney owning them has also really inspired me. And on a side note, if Disney DID own Capcom, they’d probably suck a lot less than they have since 2011 when Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled. Ever since then, most of the stuff Capcom has been releasing has been garbage save for Megaman 11. If Disney did own Capcom, Megaman wouldn’t be as neglected as he is nowadays other than Megaman 11 and the Megaman Legacy Collections, Marvel vs. Capcom wouldn’t be milked for all it is worth, they wouldn’t senselessly redesign certain characters for uncalled for reboots just to make them all hip and s**t to these new gen morons, like they did with Radd Spencer from Bionic Commando, and maybe, just maybe we’d also get a new Power Stone game too. But I’m getting off track, that’s not the point I am trying to make.

I swear, these anti-Disney people have got me so mad. And that comment on that YouTube post I mentioned earlier in this post just further proves it! I’ll bet these people who senselessly bash Disney or pick on adults who are still Disney fans are probably adults who are still into anime and wrestling. Talk about total hypocrisy. I have tried to avoid making posts like this here, but I had to make an exception in this case, because enough is enough! Like for crying out loud! The lengths these anti-Disney go to are ridiculous! For f*** sake! I hope karma gets all these a-holes.

Okay, I think I’m done. Rant over.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolls on the internet who don't have the tact or courage to act like adults because they're not in person with you and/or they enjoy getting a rise out of you. They're everywhere and will be dicks about any topic, not just anti-Disney. Your frustration is valid, but sometimes you just gotta roll your eyes and move on.
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Trolls on the internet who don't have the tact or courage to act like adults because they're not in person with you and/or they enjoy getting a rise out of you. They're everywhere and will be dicks about any topic, not just anti-Disney. Your frustration is valid, but sometimes you just gotta roll your eyes and move on.

Thanks for understanding and not just dismissing me as some manchild cry baby like certain others do. I really appreciate that.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it dude. Chin up!
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, here's the YouTube video I mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mw_no80pc4
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I know there are many, many actual trolls on the internet, sadly I do see a reason why people are against the whole Disney buying up Capcom in general (or anything really) and I'm one of them. Let me explain.

I respectfully disagree that Star Wars is doing better than ever under Disney. The Sequel triology is nothing but a big mess where 2 directors are screwing the other over. Disney removed all EU content only to not only reuse from idas to actual plot elements from said EU, but also then come and claim they had no source material to work with for the sequel triology. The only good thing I can say that purely comes from Disney is probably The Mandalorian. I'm not a big Star Wars nerd, but my mother is and she was heartbroken while watching The Rise of Skywalker.

Also doesn't help that right after the release of The Last Jedi, anyone who dislike the movie got labelled as all kinds of -ists, even though most of the criticism was about the story and how it handled the characters. It's not hard to see why people would get turned off and even start to dislike Disney.

As for Marvel.. sure, merchandise sells and they still make new movies, but look at the comicbook part of Marvel and you see how it's not in a good state

As for Capcom being shit... I cannot say for that for sure. They do have duds, but they also made great games like Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5 just last year.

Also bit funny you think Disney wouldn't milk IPs like Megaman, when they exactly did that with Marvel and Star Wars. Honestly the reason I do not care about Marvel movies anymore is thanks to how we got 2-3 movies every year for close to a decade now. Not saying they are bad, but they just got kinda formulaic to me at this point and honestly would be okay if they ended it with Endgame.

I understand wanting more from your favourite thing. Heck, here I am as a Bleach fan waiting for the final arc being animated for 8 years now (and it finally got announced!) and I wouldn't mind more Bleach related stuff from Kubo, but I also rather take quality over quantity.

I do agree this mindless hating is wrong as I do think Disney has good things as well. I still highly respect their older works, but I would lie if I said I am fond of current Disney. Regardless, I give them credit when they deserve it, but I'm also not afraid to tell my criticism *cough Aladdin 2019 cough*.

But yeah, I have to agree with Meesh. You just better off with ignoring actual trolls. Not worth spending time on them.
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
As for Capcom being shit... I cannot say for that for sure. They do have duds, but they also made great games like Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5 just last year.

Part of the reason I support the idea of Disney owning Capcom is because of the fact that Disney once had a strong partnership with Capcom in the 80's and 90's where they made games like The Little Mermaid and Darkwing Duck on NES, and Aladdin and Goof Troop on the SNES, and the majority of everyone who commented on the video are acting like the person who made it is just some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about and just spewing nonsense. I have paid many tributes to the Capcom/Disney partnership in certain posts of mine here as well. And Capcom have also developed or at least published games based on Marvel & Lucasfilm franchises in the past too.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'mj aware of the games that came under Capcom and Disney collab (original creator of Reesident Evil for example did the Aladdin game), but I'm also aware in those years both companies changed, including people working in them.

Plus honestly... I rather avoid Disney becoming a monopoly. They already own many, many things and I feel like them buying up more stuff might not work out in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum