Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: The Great Rift

This painting is KILLING ME LITERALLY WTF IS THAT Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:

a mood

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Nice to see the Ends of the Earth have defrosted

Global warming!! Very Happy

------------------------------

Isn't this the one where the stones are people and you think the queen is a good guy but she’s actually bad ?
POST-WATCH EDIT: I got this backwards apparently Laughing

I'm getting early Aladdin out of this... He's smug about this expedition as if it were one of the first

That must have been some sandstorm! Geez.

Iago: Hey, what's that hawk doing out in the middle of nowhere land? I hope he's not hungry for parrot! Follow me, Abu. I smell riches.
Me: There was literally NO transition between those two thoughts. Also, that's like Iago described in 5 seconds.

Literally all he had to do was press a button to open it... ??

This guy sounds like Minos... It is. It's Minos.

Yo this is a toxic relationship. Get out of there King Zahbar!!

Sultan: Agrabah is my greatest treasure.
... Yikes I've seen that episode, and Jasmine is standing RIGHT THERE.

Aladdin: I think we'd better put these in a safe place, locked up tight.
Me: You're gonna leave them wide open in the treasury aren't y- ... Yup and there it is.

Iago: Al, it's the hawk! Only bigger!And he's got a girlfriend now.
Me: Why are we jumping right to girlfriend? ... I mean you're not wrong, but why jump straight to bestiality?

Ahhh yes the Genie-being-easily-defeated-so-we-know-that-the-opponent-is-powerful trope.

Aladdin telling them to go home and celebrate... *facepalm*

Okay Iago just gave 2 screams and is just flying in place. The writing for Iago SUCCCCCKS in this episode.

Ah yes, another coup where the villain disposes of the 2 royals with no interference by the guards or anything and are immediately rulers of the kingdom. No questions asked.

Aw, I hate when Jasmine gets written out of episodes.

Adding "purple gem" to the list of things Jasmine has been turned into.

Iago: Now I see why they call this the Great Rift! It's a doozy!
... Seriously who is writing Iago in this episode?

Aladdin's "It's my fault, but I have to make it right" is giving me 1992 vibes.

Yo literally this hawk burst out of a cage like 5 minutes ago. Why is he drowning crying for help in the sand rn.
... Also giving me Jasmine-drowning-in-the-hourglass-vibes.

Amazed that both Iago and Aladdin thought that throwing an emerald on the ground would break it...

This episode's premise has some potential, but the writing was just horrible. The queen had a lot of potential for depth - someone who is really dope but struggling with a spell making her evil? Gems with power that only works when the holders work together and fight their anger? A man-turned-hawk who waited 10,000 years to awaken his love? Rulers awaken after 10,000 years of spelldom to find their kingdom is a ruined relic? Cool concepts - totally wasted!
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought this was a weird episode to end the series on, but the line "welcome to Agrabah" seems fitting for a last line, though.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: More Than a Peacock Princess

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Captain of the Guards - did we fire Rasoul or did he finally quit? Laughing

Maybe he's in time out for... y'know laughing while attempting and covering up the murder of a royal guest and gleefully working for a tyrant who successfully overthrew and humiliated the royal family?

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I thought Abu went with Aladdin. I was confused when he showed up just now.

Yes I'd like to know what Genie and Aladdin are doing that Aladdin decided not to bring Abu!

---------------------------------------------------------

I actually have never seen this, so yay first time watch!

Maybe one day I’ll watch the Aurora one…

Who is the narrator? Do I have to watch the Aurora one to find out?

Jasmine starts telling the story then is like "Why don’t I just show you?" Like… How do you plan on doing that

Hey look the horses from AWNW

RAJAH <333

Look at her having duties and stuff. They're not super meaningful, but it's better than literally not being allowed to leave the palace.

CARPET WITH THE CHECKLIST

Music isn’t bad

Jasmine doesn’t like the peacock aesthetic? Yikes @ Disney selling her in all those peacock outfits then... ?

Wait, she can name all 40 thieves? So is this after KoT? Then why is Iago here?

Lea Salonga doesn’t sound like Jasmine anymore.

She getting raised up on those peacock wings like Simba in I Just Can’t Wait to be King

Aw Sultan kept his wife’s horse.

Crazy Gazim now? Wasn't it Crazy Hakim in 1992? So is it a knock-off, or under new management? Laughing

Omg confirmed. Sultan loves his wife.

Omg with this classroom scene... PTSD from student teaching hitting me up

Jasmine taking a bath with her crown, jewelry, hair, and makeup all still styled.

Hakim is like, "If I lose this job, my family will go hungry." Like... His family only survives because of child labor?

Omg Sultan visits Sahara EVERY DAY to bring him an apple!!!

This interrogation sequence with Iago is cute.

Okay I think I’m officially getting early series vibes because Iago doesn’t understand Abu. Also Jasmine wanting to do something meaningful but isn't allowed to, which is pretty early series.

Omg why did it take so long to guess that Abu is saying "FIGS" when this whole thing started with FIGS!!

Is Abu refusing to go flying because he "hates flying and is afraid of heights?" More early series!

Who is on board to ship Sultan and Aneesa?

Okay I’m a little bit bored, and I’m trying to decide if it’s because the risk isn’t really that bad or if it’s because there’s no Aladdin. I always bitch when there’s Aladdin without Jasmine, so I wonder if their dynamic specifically is what I enjoy.

It’s occurring to me that, since Sahara hasn’t let anybody ride him since Jasmine’s mother died, he hasn't been getting exercise for what I'm assuming is years? Maybe it’s more humane to let him go free tbh. A band of wild horses happily rode by like 5 minutes ago Laughing

The sun is setting, and the Sultan still hasn't been to Shara? Aneesa must be VERY good with her hands...

Here I am getting choked up at Sultan getting choked up.

"You just have to be strong and never give up"… and be really great at horse wrangling. Laughing

I'm going with very early series on this one. Juuuuust far enough that Jasmine and Iago are gal-pals and that Jasmine is comfortably allowed out. But early enough that she hasn't apparently done anything all that action-packed herself. Also Iago not understanding Abu is early. That 40 thieves line must just prove their infamy pre-KoT. Maybe it's even pre-Cassim joining them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum