Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin in Concert: Live to Film
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin in Concert: Live to Film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject: Aladdin in Concert: Live to Film Reply with quote

Why hello, everyone! It's certainly been a while.

I wanted to hop on here and let you know that Disney Concerts has just premiered Aladdin (1992) as its latest live-to-film concert production! The first performances were held in Taichung, Taiwan this past Monday/Tuesday.

I've been living in Taiwan and working as an English teacher for the past few years, and I was able to attend the show yesterday. "Indescribable feeling." I thought I'd burst of joy as those first drum beats began, and it was just a glorious rush from there. I'd say the best part was that, since the CONCERT was the most important aspect of the performance, getting to hear some of the softer score moments that aren't on a soundtrack release and are normally obscured by dialogue. The experience of hearing that score played live in a concert hall setting was just exhilarating. The house seemed to be sold out, so I hope that sets the stage for a successful show that will travel to other cities around the world. It was also pretty great to see little kids who certainly weren't around 30 years ago get swept up in what a good movie it is.

There was an intermission right after, "Hang on to your turban, kid. We're gonna make you a star!" and a brief entr'acte before it resumed in the Sultan's throne room. After the credits rolled, there was an encore where the singer for Jasmine (RayRay Liu, the Mandarin - Taiwan singing voice of Anna in both Frozen films and Isabela in Encanto) performed "Speechless," along with a final full cast encore of "A Whole New World." Singers CJ Tan and Gregory Fletcher sang for Aladdin and Genie, respectively, and a member of the vocal ensemble sang Jafar. The performance was entirely in English, with the fi subtitled in Mandarin.

Additional performances will take place in Kaohsiung and Taipei, Taiwan later this month.

Best wishes to everyone!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah!! I've always dreamt they'd play the live music to film in concert here.

Is this it?
https://www.npac-weiwuying.org/programs/62257c9c911ce900075a22fc?lang=en

Are there any more dates?

Are we even allowed in China? haha. We haven't planned our honeymoon yet because of COVID
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna pack myself in your suitcase if you do Laughing

But ahhhh! I know it's not comparable, but I'll settle for a CD if I can't experience it in person.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Ah!! I've always dreamt they'd play the live music to film in concert here.

Is this it?
https://www.npac-weiwuying.org/programs/62257c9c911ce900075a22fc?lang=en

Are there any more dates?

Are we even allowed in China? haha. We haven't planned our honeymoon yet because of COVID

That's it!

There was another performance in Kaohsiung yesterday, and it closes today with 2 performances in Taipei. I'll try to share some program photos later on.

Taiwan is mostly still closed, but they've started to allow people to enter for work. COVID numbers are currently rising, but the CDC is saying that they still anticipate moving toward reopening, as about 99.8% of cases are asymptomatic or even less serious than "mild." (I certainly hope so, as the strict quarantine rules for anyone returning have meant I haven't gone home to see family since this all began.)

In the next few months, Taipei will get Up and The Little Mermaid in Concert. I think both have played here before, so that gives me hope Aladdin may return and/or end up playing elsewhere around the world. The show I saw was very full, and I think yesterday and this afternoon fully sold out. So amazing to see so much love for the score so many years later and way around the world!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum