Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Gilbert Gottfried Has Died
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gilbert Gottfried Has Died
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Gottfried left behind at least 200 hours of content on his Cameo page as well as secret outtakes from him in the role as the parrot Iago in Disney's 1992 animated "Aladdin" film.

The film's co-directors John Musker and Ron Clements thought Gottfried, who died on April 12 at the age of 67, was the perfect person to bring the villainous bird to life in the movie and he landed the role after the filmmakers played a clip of Gottfried’s film, "Beverly Hills Cop II" to then-Walt Disney Studios head Jeffrey Katzenberg, according to The Ringer.

He turned out to be the perfect foil to Robin Williams' blue witty Genie.

As Clements pointed out, "Aladdin" was more of a comedy than most other Disney films.

"We thought Gilbert could bring some of that kind of humor earlier in the movie," he said. And Gilbert did. He was allowed to improvise some of his lines and while many made it into the final version of the film, there were others that were not included, and are likely to still exist.

In a Reddit AMA in 2016, Gottfried said: "The makers of 'Aladdin' were very open to have me improvise," the New York Post reported. "They gave me a lot of freedom but often they would have to stop and go, ‘Gilbert, this is a family film.'

The 30th anniversary is the perfect time to make an unseen footage segment from Robin and Gilbert. Release the raunch, Disney Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#RELEASETHERAUNCH
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how he is described as witty Genie, since the movie is aimed at toddlers it depends on what is said in the footage.

November is going to be a huge field day for my collection 👉👈
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Rose wrote:
Love how he is described as witty Genie, since the movie is aimed at toddlers it depends on what is said in the footage.

November is going to be a huge field day for my collection 👉👈

I think it's more aimed at all ages or better term, for families. Even the makers said that in that quote. Razz

Oh I sure would love to those unreleased recordings of those 2, but is this really the time for that? I know 30th anniversary and all, just feels a bit too early for me...

Guess we will see what will happen in upcoming months.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, the 30th isn't until later this year and no one on this cast - let alone any of us - are getting any younger, so....
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Sad

Also, slightly offended they used that bird instead of the even more obvious one, but I guess that would have made the answer easier Laughing
Mirage
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad Sad No matter how many characters he voiced, his standout work will always be Iago. He is Iago! Rest in peace
Favorite Quotes: "I do love a tragic ending."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum