Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Have you ever met anyone who worked on Aladdin?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever met anyone who worked on Aladdin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish for the ability to have the exact amount of money for anything you want to purchase? Damn that's good Laughing

It's not that they didn't want it, but it was the format it was on. Also, it was signed on a Disney postcard for his work on Aladdin and not, say, Dead Poet's Society or something like that. Like I said, perfect for me, but maybe not so for srs adults or whatever Laughing

Oh, no, that's the extent of my voice actor autographs Laughing. I do need his though. I need everyone's, but I'm picky about how I get it cause I don't want something generic, you know? I wanna start working on the animators because I only have Eric Goldberg.

Yeah, there's no way I could pay $5K for that. It's easier to buy something with Robin's autograph on it, which will run you a couple hundred, and then track down the other people to sign it like this guy did.

I figured. I just didn't think to picture a little queue line of people trying to get in to the country Laughing
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly I’ve put a lot of thought into the money wish because you can never be too careful with the wording Laughing

I am so jealous that you have that many autographs, and you even have one from Eric Goldberg?! That’s so cool. I just want to meet everyone and anyone who has ever worked on the movie, is that too much to ask? Very Happy

The time at the border can really fluctuate, depending on whenever you go, so I’m hoping that if I can go to this comic con (I’m still not sure if I will be able to), I hope I can pass the border quickly.

You could pay for the JRD autograph if you have that genie who granted that person’s wish to have a $6000 Aladdin shirt Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys were too active on this board for me this weekend Laughing It's my bedtime I'll have to catch up later.

But yes I met Alan Menken like 10-15 years ago for like 10 seconds. I gave him a card and took a picture with him. I told him he was why I was pursuing music, and he said thank you and called me a sweetheart or something akin.

I also have a picture with Courtney Reed at a meet-and-greet after I saw Aladdin on Broadway.

My friendliest relationship to the movie is one of the flutists in the orchestra. Our families are somewhat close, and we've had a handful of good times. He's got some fun stories about being a Hollywood studio musician. His son is my friend & band mate - he and my husband were groomsmen in each other's weddings.

Also - One of my class tutors during my MA was VP of music production at Disney during Aladdin and shared some stories in class. We're facebook friends but aren't close. I don't get the impression he likes me very well. Laughing
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update in terms of the Steel City comic con. I woke up yesterday morning to check information on it and saw the unfortunate news: Scott had to cancel out. It's pretty sad that it happened as he was the major reason I wanted to go and haven't seen any reason as to why, but my personal theory is it has to do with the writer/actor strikes going on now. I do hope that whatever reason, he or his family/friends are ok. I doubt his sudden leaving is because he thinks he is too good for Aladdin now, as one of my friends thinks.

Linda and Jonathan are still scheduled to attend and the Aladdin panel will still occur, but I am sure that there will be at least one question about Scott's sudden disappearance off the guest list. I do look forward to seeing them at the con at least and my hunt for Scott will just have to continue Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, if he's part of SAG-AFTRA, then he probably had to pull out as one of the rules is being prohibited from "promotion of/publicity services for work under the TV/Theatrical Contracts, such as conventions, fan expos or panels".

Also, "unionized actors are forbidden to film any struck projects and are not allowed to promote their work, including past, present or future shows and films." As an actor, voice actor, and writer/director, he's probably gotta be triple committed to the strike since there's more and likely some projects he's working on that was effected, so good for him if this is the case (although that sucks for your quest to meet him).

Jonathan might be part of the Actors’ Equity Association? So broadway is fine and not impacted. Not sure about Linda, but if she's not attached to any projects then it makes sense for them to still be there.

I'm actually surprised this is still going on because comic con was basically decimated yet somehow steel city has almost everything in tact? Like I know some of these people are on the current reboot of Futurama and definitely cannot talk about it or sign anything from it, so how is that gonna work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum