Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random things thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random things thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could do a Q&A with the series writers to ask. I think we only have Tad Stones as far as series creators left since Alan Zaslove died in 2019.

They're so annoying I love them Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/203918/take-a-magic-carpet-ride-through-alan-menkens-aladdin-score-for-its-10th-anniversary-on-broadway/

10 minute interview with alan about aladdin for the 10th anniversary of the broadway musical this week!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little emotional when he said something like "I was afraid for my career, and then the first song I wrote with (not Howard) was 'A Whole New World.'"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dapsmagic.com/2024/03/wishes-come-true-as-disney-aladdin-celebrates-10-years-of-broadway-magic/

Summary of the broadway celebration
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize Aladdin has a bird pose Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uhm... my friends just told me that we are getting Aladdin in Smite 2 (sequel to the original moba Smite) and I was like wtf.

Will be interesting where they will lean to him with him. I kinda hope both the genie of the ring and the genie of the lamp will be utilised for him.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is smite?
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Smite is an MOBA and has all kinds of mythological beings and creatures as playable characters from accross the world. It's more than a 10 year old game at this point and recently got announced that we get its sequel, with the alpha starting this May.

Here's a trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1PHxmPq5o4&ab_channel=SMITEbyTitanForgeGames Just to see what's really is in short

Now the first game has 130 playable characters, with Nut (Egypitan god of the sky) being the last addition, with everything else being put in Smite 2 over the years (including all the old gods from the first game) and so far both from official and dataming it got confirmed that the upcoming 3 characters for Smite 2 will be Hecate, Mordred and now Aladdin.

Now the reason I was shocked about Aladdin is that... the closest we had such release was... probably Chtulhu and the Arthurian pantheon in a sense, that they aren't exactly mythologies (Lovecraftian being very new) but also quite old tales too. People also compared this to Mulan's release too, since she also has similar origin.

And well... I didn't really expect to play Smite 2 in alpha yet, given the only gods I reguarly play from the current roaster of Smite 2 is Anubis and Kukulkan (sue me, I'm a filthy mage main Laughing ) so when my friends pinged about this, my interest spiked to say the least.

Not much known atm as the alpha only starts in May, but will see where they lean with him into. Most thinks he will be closer to the Disney version because that1s what most people are similar with, but I hope they will add their own spin on it instead. I also don't know if he's going to be add an already existing pantheon, or they will create a new one, since he doesn't exactly belong to any of the current ones (my best bet was Babylonian actually, just because how in the Smite lore they are).

Anyway, here's the current list of gods just to see how they do these in terms of design. I think they do an overall good job with them so I do expect them to not disappoint with this one either. Rip my dream of Gilgamesh getting an Aladdin skin though haha.

https://www.smitegame.com/gods/
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Didn't realize Aladdin has a bird pose Laughing

That got me to thinking "There's goooootta be an adult Disney coloring book"
https://www.amazon.com/Disney-100-Adult-Colouring-Book/dp/1761299441

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
So Smite is an MOBA and has all kinds of mythological beings and creatures as playable characters from accross the world. It's more than a 10 year old game at this point and recently got announced that we get its sequel, with the alpha starting this May.

Ah okay, so they pull from Gods and legends. I don't know if I'd put Aladdin in either of those categories? He's not a legend in the Arthurian sense and definitely not a God like the Greek or the Egyptian ones. Maybe a myth? (I think he and Mulan are closer to 'folktales' but whatever).

Although, I'm assuming that opens up the entire Arabian Nights book to the game, which includes all kinds of cool middle eastern mythology to pull from. I think they just want to use the genies tbh Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

with wind accurate Jasmine hair Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
zitagirl wrote:

Ah okay, so they pull from Gods and legends. I don't know if I'd put Aladdin in either of those categories? He's not a legend in the Arthurian sense and definitely not a God like the Greek or the Egyptian ones. Maybe a myth? (I think he and Mulan are closer to 'folktales' but whatever).

Although, I'm assuming that opens up the entire Arabian Nights book to the game, which includes all kinds of cool middle eastern mythology to pull from. I think they just want to use the genies tbh Laughing

Yeah, seems more like a Mulan situation, but least for her we had the Chinese pantheon to fit in.

Yeah, this definitely opens up for more folklore stuff from around the world, which would be cool.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I think they just want to use the genies tbh Laughing
Yet in all those years they only did like 2 genie skins and there's only 1 Aladdin reference in the whole game. Think it was for a cosmic skin and it goes like "Infinite cosmic powers, itty-bitty texture space"

I just hope the genie(s) won't just be a Genie copy. Wouldn't feel right in my opinion.

Meanwhile the Dreamlight Valley community is also like "nah, it can't be Oswald or Figment, the lucky villager will definitely be either Genie or Aladdin" and while I heavily doubt this, it does make my fan side hope it would be this way. Laughing Still need to wait 1 more week for that update but man, it's killing me now XD
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Meesh wrote:

with wind accurate Jasmine hair Laughing

10,000% having Mattan print this the next time he goes to UPS lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93
Page 93 of 93

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum