Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Brides to be offered princess gown line
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brides to be offered princess gown line
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Brides to be offered princess gown line Reply with quote

http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs/business/article/0,1375,VCS_128_5371495,00.html

Disney has teamed up with couture bridal designer Kirstie Kelly to transform blushing brides into their favorite princesses, complete with billowing gowns and crystal tiaras.

At a cost of $1,100 to $3,000 for each gown, brides will be able to walk down the aisle in dresses inspired by Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine or Ariel.

Snow White has a slightly more conservative look dubbed "sweet elegance." Ariel and Jasmine models are considerably racier. Ariel, who played the title role in "The Little Mermaid," has a "sultry allure" and is "comfortable showing her body." Jasmine, from "Aladdin," is "bohemian chic," and her various dresses are big on sheath and lace.

Still, some of the dresses go places that the princess costumes wouldn't dream of — namely a sexier look. For the newer princesses, Ariel and Jasmine, the designs feature dropped necklines and backs and bare shoulders.

I don't think whoever wrote this article has ever seen Ariel or Jasmine. Laughing

I wish they had pictures...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no kidding. Jasmine and Ariel? With cleavage, their backs exposed, and bare shoulders?! Haven't seen that on them before! That's gonna be controversial! Laughing

Athough, I'm waiting for all the stupid comments to start popping up over their dresses being too revealing for a wedding dress or something Razz
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish they had photos, but you're right, what's odd about Ariel and Jasmine having bare bits?! Rolling Eyes
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be a lot more exposed then their actual wedding dresses, now that I think about it... but not their normal outfits, no. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preliminary sketch of the dress!

That's actually kinda cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought a Jasmineish dress should have been sleeveless Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm whacked, but that dress doesn't even vaguely resemble anything remotely Jasmine-like to me.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto! You don't really see Jasmine in a dress very often (at least I don't!)...so how are they gonna make it look like it's inspired by her? Confused
Spartan Girl
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found about the dress line today! I don't really know what to think of it...

That dress design looks pretty, but yeah, it doesn't really look like it was inspired by Jasmine. It *is* an early design, so maybe it'll change.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that from what they said they're going to make it more "Jasmineish" from the type of material that they're going to use.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, to bring up the article Chaos found...
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703040302

Quote:
Cleghorn said women who buy from Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding collection are definitely in the inspired category. The gowns, she said, will only vaguely resemble the costumes made famous in Walt Disney movies and storybooks.

The gowns will retail from $1,100 to $2,900.

IE, they're going to make you pay a ridiculous price for nothing but a name.

As for a Jasmine-inspired wedding dress, I don't find imagining a dress that is visually evocative of Princess Jasmine very difficult at all.

Oh, well... should be a big hit in Japan, though, given what nuts they can be about SHINY NAMES!!! and DISNEY!!!

Edit: My rendition of a "Jasmine-like" wedding dress.

Any questions?

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we can all make our dreams come true...for thousands of dollars! Laughing
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh, shiny.
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....WEDDING DRESSES!?O_O I'd never think Disney would do that. That is a pretty nice dress sketch though. Hmm, I wonder when we'll get pics of them. Should be really interesting to finally see.
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos!
http://disneybridal.com/collections/jz/bridal/jz1.html
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Jasmine dresses, I think the first, fourth, and fifth look like a "Jasmine" dress. I think the collection that most closely looks like the source material would be the "Belle" collection, namely three and five.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum