Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jas is back!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jas is back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peacock princess. That just...that makes me so sad Laughing. I get what they're trying to say, but....Peacock princess? Uuuuugh.
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the animation looks great...but the stories sound stupid especially Auroura's plus Auroura's vocie is no were near the orginal one..she sued to have this special thick voice what happened to her..though i am happy jasmine's back but if aladdin ain't in it i am gonna be soo pissed...why does phillip appears in auroura's and aladdin doesnt appear in jasmine's! Mad another thing i kinda feel Auroura's has better animation than jasmine's..the scene of jasmine with the horse looks so bad and non disney type..what u guys think??
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is gonna be our fandom "we don't talk about that" canon Laughing. I mean, how do you fgo rom creating stories like what we got in the series to......this? I guess different producers, but this is just Disney Princess filler. I'm still trying not to hold complete judgement on it yet, but when Jasmine's going around saying she's not a peacock princess and the really showy peacocks with all the fancy feathers are actually the MALES...I'm finding it really hard to not come to a conclusion Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... just because Aladdin's not in the trailer doesn't mean he's not in the whole thing. It looks like most of the Jasmine video was all from the same couple of scenes, so maybe they're not done animating it?
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article doesn't mention this DVD specifically but it does shed a little light on why it's being made...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960093.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Similarly, though they don't directly control the unit, Catmull and Lasseter clearly influenced the Mouse to stop direct-to-DVD unit DisneyToon from making sequels to animated theatrical features. It's now focused on spinoffs like "Tinkerbell" and a "Disney Fairies" pic.

Now, at first I was confused why a short cartoon would be acceptable while a full-length movie would not be, but now that I think about it more it seems to me that the problem is with whether or not it's canon. Now, no one at Disney has come out and said that the DTVs are canon, but by calling them sequels they're implying that they are, which is what pisses off some fans (as well as Pixar). Laughing

(By the way, when RoJ came out they were really careful not to call it a "sequel" or "Aladdin II" at the time, to avoid just this situation, but apparantly no one noticed or cared, so Disney got less shy about calling DTVs sequels. Wink )
evelyn.speaking
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: My theory Reply with quote

Well, based on both the Jasmine trailers for the DVD, I have come up with a plot theory, if anyone's interested:

I'm thinking Aladdin and Genie are going to be 'out of town'--while this absolutely sucks, it does make the project that much less expensive. The film may start off with Jasmine's opening little diddy (ugh) where she establishes that she isn't just a spoiled brat (think "The Secret of Dagger Rock," only worse), eg. not letting that short little artist paint her portrait for daddy, because that's not what real women do.

Thus, when a child goes missing, and Aladdin's out of town, the mother (character design of Al's long lost mom) seeks Jasmine's help. There Jasmine comforts her, "Be strong," or something like that. And off Jasmine goes (on horseback?) with the help of our three favorite side-kicks to rescue the child, thus proving that Jasmine is not just a peacock princess. Ahem.

Well, do you think it's plausible or am I way off? Thoughts? Theories of your own?
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filmstew.com/showArticle.aspx?ContentID=16080

It looks like Lassetter has closed the loophole. Laughing No sequels means no OAVs either. They're going to come out with this one since it's already finished, but this will be the only Enchanted Tales DVD.
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's offficial huh? To bad because with some extra effort a second Jasmine story could've become good. They where on the right path. Still there goes nothing beyond or comes near 'Aladdin' on that budget.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like to make a judgement either way because I haven't seen it yet. It was nice to see that Disney wasn't frightened of doing anything with our fandom anymore, though. I just wish I knew who was writing and directing this; I should do some research on that when I get some time...
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/review.php?ID=30198

Still no word on who worked on this; I'm just going to have to wait a couple more days...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that's made me go "ooh shiny!" is the Jasmine's mother being the only person being able to ride this horse thing. I'm still kinda fearing for the rest Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was encouraged a bit by the horse, just because the Sultan was such a horse nut in the series. Makes me wonder if maybe they did their homework after all. Cool And the bit about Jas being a teacher could tie in to that comic Aladdin and the Children of Agrabah...
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Did some posts before this just disappear?

I'm just going to post my thoughts here as I'm watching...

Introduction!Jasmine is high on something.

Those wild horses look suspiciously similar to the ones from AWNW.

The 40 Thieves thing... I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt for now and say maybe that was an earlier version of the 40 Thieves...

So are all you people who used to complain Jasmine didn't get her own song happy now? Be careful what you wish for. Laughing

Jasmine dancing with Iago: I'm getting Forget About Love flashbacks. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. And Iago is sure in suck-up-mode during that song. Laughing

My first thought was that the "captain" looks like a badly-drawn Fazal, but then there's Fazal in the background a second later.... Either someone goofed up, Rasoul quit in this alternate universe, or Sultan's having a senior moment. Again. And I just want to add that I'm a big enough guard geek that I giggled over the fact that after Jasmine's talking to the little kid Hakeem, then they show the guards and Hakim the guard's looking up like, "OMG, the princess remembered my name!" Laughing

And then it's Crazy Gazeem instead of Crazy Hakim. I guess they decided they had too many people with that name in for one show. Razz

Sultan waxing poetic about the horse = <3 . They seem to have gotten that one right by accident.

Anisa = Aladdin's mom's old character design back again. That's kind of creepy in a way. Shocked And, hey, look, fanservice! But why is Jas bathing in her jewelry and makeup? Laughing

Anyone know if Carpet is CGI in this? He sure looks like it.

This Hakeem kid looks way too much like Aladdin. I see another paternity test in Cassim's future... (And right after I typed that he started talking about his brothers and sisters. Holy crap! Laughing )

Iago's finally back to his old sarcastic self after a half hour or so.

More traced animation, Iago hitting the wall... Confused

"This has got disaster written all over it. On second thought, this I gotta see!" - More proof that Iago and I share a brain. This was pretty much my thoughts about this DVD earlier today. Laughing

Sultan's backrub = WTF? Shocked Laughing

Edit again: Oh, and I just remembered to watch the credits, and I see a grand total of ONE non-actor I remember from the series credits: Ginny McSwain, who's the vocal director on this and I can't remember what she did on the series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum