Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Brides to be offered princess gown line
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brides to be offered princess gown line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to think what it was about those dresses that made them look un-Jasmine-ish to me, and now it's hit me: no sleeves! Her normal outfit doesn't have any, but when she wears a dress it usually has sleeves, right? Her purple dress from the first movie and her wedding dress both did; I'm trying to remember about any others...
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. Stars.

They're even worse than I thought they'd be.

It's not that they're all bad, per se, but looking at the photos has just reaffirmed my initial suspicion that the only thing "princess" the suckered buyer would be getting would be the word.

Quite frankly, these gowns look like a gazillion and nine bridal gowns already out there. There's nothing special about them at all.

And then... there's this...

UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY DRESS!!!!!!!

Quote:
This enchanting collection reflects Jasmine’s bohemian spirit.

What the Elvis?! Oh, yes, Jasmine is SO a starving artist living in France.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, they just don't really stand out as unique to me. And for the most part, only a couple out of the whole collection looks anything like what the characters wore.

Jasmine= bohemian? Where'd they get that from?
Merriam-Webster wrote:
2 often not capitalized a : VAGABOND, WANDERER; especially : GYPSY b : a person (as a writer or an artist) living an unconventional life usually in a colony with others
- bohemian adjective, often capitalized

Not from that definition I'm sure.
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just looked at all those dresses and I have to say that none of them remind me very much of the characters they are based on Confused

The Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella ones seem very 'ordinary' to me somehow.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a couple of the Belle ones look a bit like her golden dress, but that's about it. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum