Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - What would you change about the series? (first post, w00t!)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you change about the series? (first post, w00t!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: What would you change about the series? (first post, w00t!) Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, is there anything in the TV series that didn't go the way you think it should have? Like, I wanted to see a bit more into Aladdin's past -- Amal, Fatima, Minos and Aziz were interesting, but they didn't give any insight to EXACTLY what Aladdin's childhood life was like.
I'd also liked to have seen them give their mother a name and a face (although I have high hopes the DVD will at least give us the latter ^^)

I'd also have been ecstatic if the show had given us any confirmation on the "Mozenrath is Aladdin's brother" theory.
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we've seen his mother's face, or what was intended to be his mother's face, in the original film ("Getting into truble a little early today, aren't we, Aladdin?"). But I agree, I would have loved to hear more about his background. Same for Mozenrath!

-Kirsten
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As odd as this might sound, I wanted to see more inside the palace and the servants that work there. I also wanted to see more of Agrabah and the kingdoms of the seven deserts.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Longwinded as always, la la la! Reply with quote

Well, I would have like some payoff to the angles of Fatima, Minos, and Malcho. All three are left hanging with plans for revenge and no pay off.

I would have loved more Amin Damoolah/Mozenrath stuff. I think it has some humor potential.

I've always thought that "As the Netherworld Turns" would have been a perfect place to bring Jafar back into the series, even if for only a cameo. You'd think he'd probably be roaming the palace, giving his domination plans an all. But, it must of been in his cards to become a new arrival in the Grecian underworld years after his death. Confused

I have a problem with how fast the ending to "Seems Like Old Crimes" comes about; it feels rushed to me. Once Jasmine is taken to the Temple of Destiny, the episode flys to a conclusion that feels weird given the set up. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

One of my biggest problems in the series are how the Forty Thieves are portrayed in KOT. "Welcome to the Forty Thieves" is a bit much. I know they were going for the idea of loyalty among members, but dancing with pink ribbons is a bit much.

The only character's background that I would have loved to seen more of would be Iago's. They referred to it alot, but it would have been interesting had they flashed back and shown us something.

And I'm with AG- more servants. I'm glad the guards and Abim got screen time, but there have to be some interesting people in that palace that could make a good episode.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Longwinded as always, la la la! Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
I've always thought that "As the Netherworld Turns" would have been a perfect place to bring Jafar back into the series, even if for only a cameo. You'd think he'd probably be roaming the palace, giving his domination plans an all. But, it must of been in his cards to become a new arrival in the Grecian underworld years after his death. Confused

I've had a fanfic plot bunny based on that, actually... XD I eventually need to write that down.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Longwinded as always, la la la! Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
The only character's background that I would have loved to seen more of would be Iago's. They referred to it alot, but it would have been interesting had they flashed back and shown us something.

Amen, sister! I want to see all these other evil sorcerers he's worked for in the past. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've had a fanfic plot bunny based on that, actually... XD I eventually need to write that down.

So did I. I was either going to extend the episode and have Iago/Abu meet him, or do something where someone had to go into the Netherworld via the Eye of Gazeem to fight him or something. I have to write mine down too... [/quote]
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Heh, heh, forgot to log in.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand* Me too. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the series does it offer information about Mozenrath being Aladdin`s brother?! I don`t recall anything.I doubt that they are related.That`s a scary thought.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was competely fanmade. But I like the diea XD
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that Mozenrath and Aladdin being brothers was the original idea for King of Thieves, but that it was scrapped when they couldn't get Jonathan Brandis, and they decided to distance the film from the series, anyways. It think it could have been a really cool idea, personally. Can you imagine the looks Aladdin's and Mozenrath's faces when they found that out? Razz

-Kirsten
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an even WEIRDER family tree idea, but it didn't involve Mozenrath. >D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Rumor has it that Mozenrath and Aladdin being brothers was the original idea for King of Thieves, but that it was scrapped when they couldn't get Jonathan Brandis, and they decided to distance the film from the series, anyways. It think it could have been a really cool idea, personally. Can you imagine the looks Aladdin's and Mozenrath's faces when they found that out? Razz

-Kirsten

Time to go into rumor debunking mode...

All we know definitely (from this article by Aladdin series story editor and KoT writer Bob Schooley) is that they originally wanted Mozenrath to be the villain in the third Aladdin movie, but that they decided not to so they could distance it from the series. We don't know if the plot of the proposed Mozenrath sequel bore any resemblance to KoT or if Cassim was in it. I can see how people might think that they were brothers if all they hear is "Mozenrath was originally going to be in KoT", though. Razz
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username and I are thankful that Mozenrath was not the villain. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum