Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - What would you change about the series? (first post, w00t!)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you change about the series? (first post, w00t!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, that reminds me of something else I always wanted to see - what happens when Achmed is running some other kingdom, and finds out that the street rat he shoved out of the way ended up marrying Jasmine? I wanna see him face up to Aladdin again, now! Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that would be pretty funny. He probably wouldn't even remember him.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Ooh, that reminds me of something else I always wanted to see - what happens when Achmed is running some other kingdom, and finds out that the street rat he shoved out of the way ended up marrying Jasmine? I wanna see him face up to Aladdin again, now! Laughing

I had a plot bunny about that once...

Anyway, I think Aladdin would definetly be the type to flirt it up with women. He didn't just suddenly pick that up when he met Jasmine. We don't have much evidence of Aladdin's morals growing up (meeting/being engaged Jasmine matured him quite a bit), so Aladdin having some adventure in his past certainly isn't far fetched. He was quite taken with Fatima (and oh how she manipulated that).

And one could always check Cassim's reaction to Jasmine in KOT. Like father, like son. Very Happy
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He was quite taken with Fatima (and oh how she manipulated that).

Yes, by using her...um..."assets".

And both he and Cassim have that smooth talk thing down pack. Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I have a new one! Not really a "wish it was different", but more of a gripe.

I caught the middle of "Love at First Sprite" today, and something that Iago says has bugged me from the first time I saw it to today. It was his whole speech to Carpet during Carpet's depression. Saying he'll be no more than a doormat, etc. It just comes off as extra mean to me. Not snarky and sarcastic like Iago usually is, but just mean. Does anyone agree with me?
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really thought about that. Sad

But I thought of another one: I hate in "Much Abu About Something" when Iago doesn't know where food comes from. Iago is not dumb, dammit! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a terrible nitpick over a line of dialogue-

After the necklace is pulled out during "The Spice is Right", clouds begin to form, etc. Aladdin says: "It was clear just a moment ago". I think that's way to much for him to stumble over saying. I know, that's way too nitpicky, but hey, it bothers me! Very Happy

EDIT: Ah, yes, I have another thing that bothers me too. Sultan's characterization, especially the lines "We have poor people in Agrabah" and "I'd take him [to the marketplace] myself, if I knew where it was". Do The Rat Thing , you offend me so.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! "Do the Rat Thing" had a lt of dumb moments. Jasmine seems so shocked at the poor people... hello!! *beats her over the head with Aladdin*
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

You gotta remember, Jasmine led a pretty sheltered life, as she complained about constantly in the movie. She probably knew that Aladdin was poor, and had seen his hovel, but never really realized just how bad Aladdin had it, which was the point of the episode anyway.
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Marisa on Jasmine- I guess seeing Aladdin reasonably healthy and fit (due to his stealing), must have made her think that all the poor people in Agrabah were well fed, even without the money to buy alot. The way the non-thief streetrats were eating in the episode must have been a shock.

That still doesn't excuse Sultan though. How the hell could he not find the center of his own city?
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, Aladdin was very fit compared to the family Jasmine found.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Agrabah Criminal Diet. Eat bread and fruit. Then run from the Sultan's popo's all day. You'll be fit in no time. Smile

I guess the Sultan lead a sheltered life as well. But I agree with Sammy, not finding the center of the city shouldn't be that hard. Just go through the doors and go straight. It's not like he hasn't made speeches to the people who were standing in the middle of the city.

The only thing that really bugs me about Jasmine is how her voice changes from time to time. Not exactly her voice, but more so the pitches from high to low. I still cringe when I watch the beginning of "The Return of Jafar" when she says "You made quite and impression, you know."
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess the Sultan lead a sheltered life as well. But I agree with Sammy, not finding the center of the city shouldn't be that hard. Just go through the doors and go straight. It's not like he hasn't made speeches to the people who were standing in the middle of the city.

What about all the times the Sultan goes on tours of the Seven Deserts and stuff? You'd think he'd pass through it to leave. I doubt highly that his first royal voyage was during the series- he may have been worried about Jasmine, but that man would have to leave to do some business.

I'm with you on Jasmine's voice. It gets grating at times. But I've noticed times when Aladdin's voice goes too deep. There's a part in "Seems Like Old Crimes- Part Two" when he yells "Let him go Minos!"- his voice is either way too deep, or it's not Scott Weinger doing it.
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
That still doesn't excuse Sultan though. How the hell could he not find the center of his own city?

What about "SandSwitch"? He couldn't find his own room. (Early stages of Alzheimer's, maybe? Confused )

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
The only thing that really bugs me about Jasmine is how her voice changes from time to time. Not exactly her voice, but more so the pitches from high to low. I still cringe when I watch the beginning of "The Return of Jafar" when she says "You made quite and impression, you know."

Well, there's actually a story behind that one. Wink Musker and Clements wanted to hire Linda Larkin to play Jasmine, but Katzenberg thought her voice was too low. So they had her read the part in a higher voice, and she got the part. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What about "SandSwitch"? He couldn't find his own room. (Early stages of Alzheimer's, maybe? Confused

I've always thought about the Alzheimer's idea. I was going to add that element into a fanfiction once (when my grandpa was going through it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum