Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney to make new Aladdin-based movie!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney to make new Aladdin-based movie!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I have a feeling that it's not going to be a remake of the animated Aladdin as much as it's going be an original story about a boy who finds a magic lamp.

That would be kinda redundant considering the movie "A Kid In Aladdin's Palace" is pretty much the same as that Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but people have been remaking it for decades and no one's seemed to get tired of it so far. Laughing
IRideAladdin'sCarpet
Genie of the Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets

Location: Below the Paris Opera House with Gerik #2 ~_^ (Louis Phillippe Room)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Iago"]
xfkirsten wrote:
Calluna wrote:
Pictures! We want pictures! Laughing

Ask, and ye shall receive! Very Happy
http://xfkirsten.fotopic.net/c367575.html

And, as for the original "HotNewAladdin":
http://www.georgepellegrino.com (now with OJA video-y goodness! Yay!)

OWOW!!!!! HOTT HOTT HOTT!!!
IRideAladdin'sCarpet
Genie of the Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets

Location: Below the Paris Opera House with Gerik #2 ~_^ (Louis Phillippe Room)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I have a feeling that it's not going to be a remake of the animated Aladdin as much as it's going be an original story about a boy who finds a magic lamp.
that's what i'm feeling, too, unfortunetely. i'm worried this is what they're gonna do. i just hope that they *do* do a re-do of the original animated version. that way, we can kinda relive some of the fanfics, *coughmariposa'saladdininthe21stcenturycough*
*goes to get cough drop*
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Hardly any live action movies are good. The only good movies that aren't animated are the Homeward Bound movies, IMO.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about "Pirates of the Carribbean"?
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen it.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, Pirates was amazing! Being a former Pirates CM, my roommates and I were dying with anticipation for that one. I even brought my PotC Pluto stuffed animal (how appropriate for me is that?) with me to the opening night showing. Laughing

Haunted Mansion was good in a different way. Like, the movie itself totally sucked. But if you're a Disneyland/World die-hard, finding all the nods to the ride in the film was a blast!

We're just not even gonna talk about the Country Bears.

/Needs more Wendell
//Has high hopes for the Jungle Cruise movie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know the Cast of The musical at DCA? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, sorry to bug, I was just at DCA on Sept. 23 and watched the musical which really was entertaining, however, does anyone know who the cast members are? I saw the 2:00 and 6:00 show which had the same characters almost. I feel kind of bad because it is as if all of them are not acknowleged for their work Sad In any case, thanks for the help!
NightMagic

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...well i have to agree that it will either be a bomb or be great and looking at the recent stuff that has come from Disney....the stuff hasn't been that good...though i swear if they butcher this project I hope i can get some other fans together to form an angry mob....
Though i read an Article about Enchanted and it looks very good considering Lasster is in on it.....and he knows good stuff when he sees it....i hope...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall have to see. I think if they had the right story and the right approach, it will be fine. I'm not completely against the new presentation of the story since I've seen live-action versions of it, both Disney and not, in several ways, but I am afraid that they'll go way over the top with how a lot of movies are today.
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really looking foward to more information on this. i think it most likely has the patental to be really really great. Then again, it also has many aspects that could go terribly terribly wrong. But i'll be holding my breath and waiting. i like the idea of a live action based off the orignal, and not a change in time period or setting
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
Syera wrote:
I'd assume it would mean contemporary to whenever the film was released.

(Though personally, I think Aladdin could be reeeeeeeeaaaaaally interesting set on a DS9-type space station...)

Yeah... that makes... one of you!

Two of us! A Sci-Fi Aladdin? That would kick many an ass. The Genie could be some kind of being of higher existence (5th dimension type thing -- hello, Mr. Mxylzptlk!) Aladdin could be a stowaway or something on a ship, Sultan the captian of the space station... X3 It would be so cool!

But... sadly, that's hardly what we call modern. XD; If only NASA had listened to Arthur C. Clarke!
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good... now I don't have to feel so weird.

I kinda thought of Aladdin as being the son of a techie (likely his mother) whom he rarely sees because she's always busy.

As for Genie... yep, that's kinda what I figured myself. I figure he's some kind of alien life-form whose been sentanced to life in a little bitty device and community service to lower life-forms as some kind of punishment. Very Happy

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
laurelstar73
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be awesome!!! probably a lot of elements would have to change from the orginal-but i'm all for the idea Smile yah[/quote]

laurelstar73
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum