Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Battle of The Princesses Round 1
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of The Princesses Round 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best "grand entrance" dress
Cinderella
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Aurora
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Belle
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Jasmine
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Ariel
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Battle of The Princesses Round 1 Reply with quote

Every proper princess has a "grand entrance" dress. Not to be confused with how great her wardrobe is in general. Also not to be confused with the actual entrance Wink Laughing

Cinderella had a pretty bluish-white ballgown designed by her by her fairy-godmother--if only her fairy-godmother took her own fashion advice! Laughing The dress also comes with unique glass slippers--a killer to walk in, but it does the job.

Along with a delicate princess crown, Aurora had her pink sparkly birthday dress designed for her by--count 'em--one, two, three faeries!
(Aurora: Beat that Cinderella! And you know you're not a real blonde!)
(Cinderella: Oh no she didn't! Hold my glass slippers! Hold my glass slippers!)

Belle wore her golden ballgown provided for her by the talking Wardrobe. It went well with simple but elegant pearl earrings and silk arm-length gloves. Keep the dress and ditch that one you must've gotten at the local tailor, girl!

Jasmine wore a gorgeous western-agrabahian dress on her wedding. It went complete with pinkish-purple flowers, and a golden waist band and headband with a purple jewel to match her flowers. The dress got a positive reaction from aladdin. But then again, so did her streetrat disguise. Laughing

Ariel had her "sexy oscar dress" at the end of her first movie. The diamond-studded dress is courtesy of her father. Who knew mermen were so fashionable! (or you could count her pink dress at the dinner with Eric. But not both! The two dresses together don't count as one big dress! Laughing )

Cast in your votes!

Last edited by APK on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say no to a poofy, gold dress.

Belle.
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderella's dress is the only one I can honestly say that I don't like. It lacks color, in my opionion. Looks more like a wedding dress than a ballgown.

Belle's definitely got my vote, though. Her dress is by far the most awesome. The detailing on the skirt, the sleeves, and the gloves... it's just gorgeous!

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderella. I LOVE it when her dress transforms and the lighting during the dance. It's tehpurdy Laughing

I love Aurora's color changing dress too. She started the mood ring revolution and didn't realize it. Laughing

My favorite part of the ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast is Lumiere and Cogsworth cheering Beast on on the side lines Laughing. I could care less about Belle and that overated dress Razz

I love Jasmine's intro more than her dress. Laughing

I like that dress Ariel had one too, although I wouldn't wear it myself. Too breezy Laughing

But my vote went to Cinderella. I LOVE "So This Is Love"
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderella. The scene where Cinderella's rags transform into her ballgown was Walt Disney's favourite scene in any of his movies. That, plus...well, there's something magical about that scene. (Reminder; it's the INTRODUCTION of the dress and not the dress itself that we're rating, isn't it?) Besides...that scene is honey-colour-haired Cinderella in her silvery gown (that does reflect blue in the blue lighting of the ballroom) in all her glory, and not "Cindy," the blonde in the blue gown. (Aurora is the only golden-blonde Disney princess with a blue gown!!!!)

(PS, I am sad that Ariel emerging for dinner with Eric in the pink gown isn't listed on here, but Cinderella would have had my vote anyway.)
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft. Even judging the entrance, Belle still gets my vote. That entrance, just as the opening notes of the song began... it was beautiful.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it really IS just the dress we're rating, but to distinguish it from the normal dresses they wear I wrote "grand entrance" dress. Very Happy
I was thinking of putting in the pink dress Ariel wore when she went to dinner with Eric. That IS the dress disney markets her with. But I figured the dress at the end was more of a grand entrance dress. Do you guys think I should change it? It's not too late.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's entrances, then it goes to Aurora. I love how they come downstairs and complete ignore the world for a few moments Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
Pfft. .

OK, was the razz really necessary?
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
Actually it really IS just the dress we're rating, but to distinguish it from the normal dresses they wear I wrote "grand entrance" dress. Very Happy
I was thinking of putting in the pink dress Ariel wore when she went to dinner with Eric. That IS the dress disney markets her with. But I figured the dress at the end was more of a grand entrance dress. Do you guys think I should change it? It's not too late.

Oh, no, I think that the dress at the end is just dandy. I just think Ariel gets two really good "Here's me in my pretty dress, you may all ooh and ahh now!" scenes. Smile (And actually, Disney now has this annoying habit of marketing Ariel in her WEDDING gown if they have her as a human. Aurora, who is supposed to be in blue, is in pink because someone somewhere said that Cinderella is golden-blonde with a blue dress and all believed that person, so if Aurora wore blue, that'd be TWO golden-blonde princesses in blue gowns, and no, no one is smart enough to tell the two apart so please, put Aurora in pink! And since Aurora is in pink, we can't have Ariel also in a pink gown! The horror!)

Oh, I was thinking 'grand entrance scenes' to mean the 'power,' so to speak, of the first moment we see the princess in her dress, and I've just always been blown away by Cinderella's transformation. I have always found that scene awesome. And since it was Walt's favourite scene, I love it that much more. (Though my FAVOURITE scene in any Disney movie has to do with dresses in a different way...it's the part of Cinderella when the mice make her dress.)

This is a fun game, but can we try to be a little more specific in the future?

(If I'm picking the dress I'd most want to own, I would be votiing for Aurora's blue gown.)
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll try to be more specific next week when I put up the next poll. i'm giving a week for possible posters to contribute to the poll and if there aren't anymore voters I'll move on. Very Happy
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Belle. Smile
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Cinderella's dress. I actually wore a dress very similar to it to my senior prom.
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say Belle. The dress is almost like Matilde's ball dresses in Amor Real, and dancing in a ballroom. The only thing I didn't like about Jasmine's dresses was that she wore no hoops. I love dresses with hoop skirt. They're very...romantic, very feminine, but Jasmine's own unique outfits fit her perfectly. Wink
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although i dont like cinderella that much but i still see her dress as the most elegant and expensive:) and belle too they both had a nice enterance with their glittering dresses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum