Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Ahhh! We jinxed it!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahhh! We jinxed it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww! Aladdin Toddler comes with a little Jasmine and a baby raja! How cute! Very Happy

Hey, do the Pop Dreamers come with dolls? I don't want the CD but I'd love a doll. Very Happy
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
Awww! Aladdin Toddler comes with a little Jasmine and a baby raja! How cute! Very Happy

...totally out of sync with the storyline and so inaccurate that it makes me want to scream... but hey... at least their chubby little faces don't make me want to cry like those stupid bratz dolls. Rolling Eyes

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which do you guys think will be worth more in the future. Pop Dreamers Dolls of Bratz? They'll both be worth a lot of money, however I wonder which one will be worth more.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
Which do you guys think will be worth more in the future. Pop Dreamers Dolls of Bratz? They'll both be worth a lot of money, however I wonder which one will be worth more.

To tell you the truth, I don't think the Pop Dreamers were bratz dolls. If they were there heads would be huge with those tiny bodies and their tiny clothing.

In my opinion I think the

The Aladdin 1992 dolls when they very first came out. They don't make him anymore as an individual. Only in the UK, where they have a newer version of him and Ebay.
Nanuk
Squirrelly Minion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gaspeh* I have those dolls! ^^ They're probably my favorite part of my shrine...
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have those dolls, too. Along with 516465 other dolls Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I have those dolls, too. Along with 516465 other dolls Laughing

Do you think you would ever notice if one doll went missing? Laughing Not even a tiny one, that isn't among your favorties?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, because each one is specific. I have one Jafar doll, three of Aladdin by himself and like...20 something of Jasmine by herself and I still do not have every doll of her ever Laughing . Then I have one with Aladdin and Jasmine together in one box. I can tell if one is missing Laughing

Now you might be able to get me on action figures...might Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the Bratz dolls myself. HOWEVER, that stupid, brain-damaged CGI cartoon that recently came out on 4Kids makes me want to puke.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
I kinda like the Bratz dolls myself. HOWEVER, that stupid, brain-damaged CGI cartoon that recently came out on 4Kids makes me want to puke.

Laughing I saw half of it! Laughing

They made a movie for My Scene dolls on Nickelodeon as well.

It's understood that Barbie has to make a billion movies (and her movies are about things other than clothes and boys) but when all the other dolls start making movie too, I dunno, it's just kinda funny. Laughing

I hope disney doesn't start doing that!
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:

umm yeah, I saw that too. What has this world of animation has gone into?
Don't you think that it would be better of they created the cartoon first wait til the cartoon gets popular THEN create the merchandise? CGI are so overrated now.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so that wasn't a commercial I saw...it really WAS a cartoon. I thought it was an extended commercial because I didn't stick around longer than a minute and was wondering why that was still on. That's really lame Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one episode of Bratz and about gagged. They act/speak like the typical cliche teenybopper... geeeeeaaaaaackh. If I had a little girl, I don't think I'd let her watch it. If you want a BETTER cartoon that was clearly inspired it some way by the Bratz style of dolls, try Winx Club. It's a pretty good li'l Italian import. Wink

Bratz started out as a line of dolls; it was never designed to be a series from the get-go. Apparently, the dolls became so popular they decided a series would be a good idea.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Nanuk
Squirrelly Minion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'd be able to rely on their movies to first establish their popularity for some of the reasons people have already listed...I dunno for sure 'cause I tend to tune out commercials for this stuff, but I think Bratz and My Scene movies are just meant to be another form of advertising the dolls. Apparently bad animation makes people want to rush out and buy the merchandise Rolling Eyes
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanuk wrote:
I don't think they'd be able to rely on their movies to first establish their popularity for some of the reasons people have already listed...I dunno for sure 'cause I tend to tune out commercials for this stuff, but I think Bratz and My Scene movies are just meant to be another form of advertising the dolls. Apparently bad animation makes people want to rush out and buy the merchandise Rolling Eyes

I'm sure that their focus is the fact that little girls do not look at the animation so much as the plot. If they see these girls prancing around and looking beautiful and getting boys and having all this fun... then they want to go out and get these dolls so they can go off in their own imaginative little world and play also.

Think about. Take power rangers for example. When I was little I LOVED that show due to the fact that there was the pink ranger and she could kick but and she always got to go on a date with the white ranger. As I got older I noticed how simply horrible the acting was, but as a kid... that didn't matter to me.

Kids tend to look more on the plot than what goes into making the plot.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...

Last edited by Hourglass on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum