Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Favorite Disney Couples
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Disney Couples
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Favorite Disney Couples Reply with quote

I will not mention Aladdin and Jasmine. Smile I`ll try to display some will power.This is a pretty shallow topic,but it`s been on my mind for a while.I like the way Disney`s heros and heroines interact with each other.The characters personalities always have a interesting balance. My favorites are Mulan and Shang. Simba and Nala come in second place.Some characters display emotion in subtle ways, while others are very dramatic. Dispite everything, the characters form a complete unit. The depth of their connection is beautiful and carefully crafted.The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauty and the Beast are great examples.It may not seem like it,but Belle and the Beast have alot in common. They are both trapped and have simaliar personality traits.Their diffrences set them apart from the world.Belle and the Beast are strong willed and demanding indiviuals.They are ruled by their passions. I`ll shut up now. Wink I just had to get that out of my system.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have to be a romantic couple?

One I know is Lilo and Stitch. Good friendship between them.

Another would be the Snow White and Grumpy coupling. Yes, she ends up with the Prince in the end, but they kinda had the "will they or will they not" quality. Snow White's gentle and naive demeanor balances his gruff, often "woman-hating", grizzled personality.

Well, that's my two cents.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll too refrain from using Aladdin characters. It's almost redundant, lol.
Romantic-
Esmerelda and Phoebus have great chemistry. One of my all time favorite Disney scenes is when they are "talking" in the cathedral when she is running away-Love it, love it, love it!
And Mulan and Shang-even though that wasn't exactly developed in the first movie, but they have potential!
Meg and Herc- A badass with a dork-that's completely balanced, lol. For some reason, I think of the Waterboy when I think of them. Odd, but so is everything else that comes from my mind.

Friendships-
Lumiere and Cogsworth, Baloo and Bagherra, Sebastian and King Triton, and Pacha and Kuzco are all my favorite "friendships."
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to delve too deeply into Aladdin (because it's totally obvious and sort of annoying), but I love the prospect of Scara/Pector, as I love Fatima/Minos. *Cough* That aside...

Esmeralda and Phoebus might be my favorite Disney couple ever. They just have so much chemistry between them! Phoebus and Esmeralda have two of the best scenes in the movie- the battle in the cathedral before Esmeralda is trapped inside and the kiss moment (mostly driven by the beautiful "Heaven's Light (Reprise)", but if we wouldn't have liked Esmeralda and Phoebus as a couple, that moment wouldn't have been a heartbreaking for Quasi, IMO- he knew Phoebus and Esmeralda were good for each other).

Shang and Mulan- It's subtle, it's adorable, and I like it. Too bad I expect Disney to rape it with the sequel. Mulan jumping on Shang in the promo completely destroys the understatement used in the first film, and just loops Mulan in with the rest of the man-desperate princesses. *Yuck*

Scar and Zira- This is weird, because we never see them on screen together. But I just feel the chemistry here- I love the idea of them together, and I would love if, god-forbid there be another TLK sequel; but if there is, to put Scar and Zira together in it some how.

Rourke and Helga- Not exactly a couple anymore, but I just like the vibe between them.

Lilo and Stitch Cast:

- Lilo/Stitch
- Pleakley/Jumba (Disney's premiere gay couple, I'm telling ya!)
- Gantu/625/Hamsterviel (not totally functional..but there)
- Gantu/Lilo (One episode.. so sue me!)
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Phoebus and Esmeralda have two of the best scenes in the movie- the battle in the cathedral before Esmeralda is trapped inside and the kiss moment (mostly driven by the beautiful "Heaven's Light (Reprise)", but if we wouldn't have liked Esmeralda and Phoebus as a couple, that moment wouldn't have been a heartbreaking for Quasi, IMO- he knew Phoebus and Esmeralda were good for each other.)

That part is really heartbreaking considering he was just boosted with confidence by the annoying Gargoyles and then he is slapped back in the face with reality when he sees the two of them when Phoebus is hurt. Sad, sad moment. At least he got someone...eventually...in a scary sequel years later o_0
Jane
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, I'm gonna go with Tarzan and Jane. She gave up her life to be with him.
Magdaleina
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say Belle and Beast as my number one favorite couple, and my reasoning for liking them was only intensified when they appeared in Kingdom Hearts. For those of you that haven't played it, the gist is that each Disney movie (and some squaresoft games) have seperate worlds. When the villains, called the Heartless, consume these worlds, they vanish, so many have died. A major plot point is that many characters (namely disney princesses) are being kidnapped. Supposedly (save for the case of Jasmine and Alice) their worlds died shortly after. Beast, despite his world dying, was the only love interest who could chase after his woman out of sheer will. Because he wanted to see her one last time, he survived the destruction of his world and chased her across the universe.

...But yes, I babble.

Murr, love. I'll also indicate that Beauty and the Beast was the first Disney animated film (with a romantic backdrop) where the couples actually had some chemistry. (Face it; in every one before that, it was love at first sight, birds singing, yadda yadda.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lennox Macbeth
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macbeth and Demona - those "impossible couples" seem to draw me like no other. Laughing

However, I'm also fan of canon couples too - Elisa and Goliath, Xanatos and Fox (C'mon, they're perfect for each other :p ), Angela and Broadway...

Darkwing and Morgana...yum. NEGADUCK and Morgana...more yum. Laughing Me and the Fearsome Five...oops, straying in my thoughts there. Twisted Evil

:: Sigh... :: I'll get back to you when I remember what other Disney fandoms I used to be in. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m surprised that no one mentioned Pocahontas and John Smith.They are one of Disney`s best couples. I don`t care for John Rolfe. I`ve never been a big fan of Pocahontas 2.They ruined John Smith`s character in that movie. The spirit of Pocahontas becomes some what passive in the film.I know that I`m going off topic,but I just had to say that.I don`t hate John Rolfe,but I think he`s stuffy and boring. I know that Disney was trying to follow the history books,but I think John Smith was a better match for her.
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Belle and the Beast because of the obvious reasons that she stays with him despite his appearence. Ariel and Flounder, they're so cute.

Getting a little more up to date, bought both Mulan and Pocahontas today. Mushu and Cri-kee are so funny as are Flit and Percy though the latter didn't really add much to the story besides being cute sidekicks. The leads are stronger then I remembered, specially Pocahontas and John Smith. I found that remarkable because I've seen the movie quite allot during the past years and never noticed that.

Let's see Donald and nephews, you should've read the comics that come out here. Animated doesn't do justice at their relation. It's not like Donald chases after them with a piece of wood in every comic. Allot of time the nephews solve the trouble Donald gets himself into. Like when he's claiming he's an expert when he knows next to nothing about it and gets him into shit, allot of it.
Princess Amber
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites have always been, are, and will be Ariel and Eric. Yes I like Prince Eric. I wrote stories about them when I was 8 and 9. I'm not ashamed of being Ariel and Eric fans. I'm proud of it! Very Happy

Last edited by Princess Amber on Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aurora 101
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My faves? I'd hafta say Aurora and Philip followed ever so closely by Al and Jas then Mulan and Shang... Oops gotta go!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other Disney couple I like are Esmerelda and Pheobus
Princess Lydia
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite one has to be Aladdin and Jasmine!

They seem so in love you can actually picture it!

Unlike some other films who do it mildly! I don't some of them I can't really picture them in love and some I can! It is strange! Confused
Tar
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine too, Lydia, but getting past the obviousness of that pairing on an Aladdin forum... Wink

Beauty and the Beast. Not only do I identify with Belle in almost every way, this is one Disney movie where they really do manage to convey the "wholesome" message they claim to try for in all movies.
Beauty is only skin deep.
No fooling around - it was love for an ugly character and scorn for a handsome character. And even when the Beast became the handsome prince, Belle didn't rush to him overjoyed in her good fortune, or whatever Cinderella/Aurora/Ariel would have done... she looked scared and upset (maybe because she thought he'd died, but that's another thing) because her love was gone. Ah... I just can't get over what a darn good job they did with that movie.

Something I didn't think of until you all mentioned it, but I agree that Phoebus and Esmeralda are amazing - you cannot help but fall in love with Phoebus if you're a teenage girl watching that movie, he's so funny and brave and strong and kind and gorgeous - and he compliments Esmeralda so very well. I love everything about that movie, especially the villain.

Shang and Mulan are great as well, especially because it was so NOT love at first sight, hehehe. The first time she meets him he's very, very upset with her - oh yeah, and thinks she's a man. Wink

I also loved Pocohantas and John Smith. Although it was incredibly cheesy that she knew how to speak English that well (the movie wouldn't have worked otherwise, but whatever), the whole deal with him learning to look past stereotypes and her learning to reconcile duty with her heart touches me on so many levels.
I pretend as though I never touched or heard of that fucking sequel. It pissed me off so badly. Although one of the things that touches me most about Pocohantas and Smith is that they don't end up together in the end, that it's not a perfect fairy tale ending,that it still showed that love has no boundaries, love can cross an ocean, love is timeless and that they will always be together no matter what!

Simba and Nala isn't very well developed, but it's a good way of showing childhood friends growing up to feel something more than liking for each other, and that is really cute. I love Nala for forcing Simba to face up to his duty and his reality, and I love how Simba does it so well once she helped him just a little with it. The sequel kind of makes them look stupid though.

Ah... how I hate Disney sequels. (The only exceptions being the two obvious ones.... Wink)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum