Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - West Wing
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Wing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: West Wing Reply with quote

I've been wondering exactly why Beast was so mad that Belle was in the West Wing. I know he forbade her to go in there and all that, but why? I've actually thought that it was because if you touch the rose or something, the spell could not be broken, or something having to do with that.
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was mostly afraid of either 1.) her finding out about the curse and rejecting him or 2.) touching the rose and knocking all the petals off.

Darkshipping is sexy overconfident ♥
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd always figured he was afraid she'd damage the rose. I don't think his fears were exactly misplaced - she did go and try to touch it right off.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I forgot I was in the Disney forum and was expecting this to be about the TV show The West Wing. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! I was about to move it before I actually looked Laughing

And about the rose, I used to think he didn't want her to know about it or why it's there to begin with to make sure her love for him was pure and not out of sympathy or something. I really don't know. Maybe it was because he was afraid it would break and then he might die as a result. *shrugs* He should have put a sign "No touchie!" Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he just didn't want her going in that dusty room. It's just a turn off for woman and he hadn't cleaned there in ages!

Or maybe it was all of those old Portraits and things he kept up there. Incriminating stuff Wink Like yearbook photos, letters from old girlfriends, the beasts' diary, and video tapes of disco night in the castle. Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that if Belle knew about the spell then she'll feel like she's forced into it or feel sympathy for him. Since the rose is withering then it would be too much pressure for her or it's late to find someone else.
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remember, Beast did NOT want anyone in his castle AT ALL! Why? Because he was mortified about what had happened to him. He went from a dashing prince of a wonderful castle to 'the thing in the forest'. He was embarassed about his selfish ways... and drew away because he did not want anyone to know about it.

...That would explain why he did not want Belle anywhere near the rose. Or the painting. It seemed like that whole room was just full of memories of who he used to be. The painting with a huge slash through it was just a HUGE piece of evidence of how he feels about his old life. He doesn't want to go about proclaiming it to other people, now does he?

Also, yes, I'm sure he was a little worried about her being so close to the rose. I mean, IT HELD HIS LIFE!!! I'd be a little worried about anyone going near it also.

I never did feel bad for Belle after how Beast reacted to her for her disobedience. She deserved it... how stupid can you get. If the big hairy man says not to go anywhere... you don't go... it's a simple fact of life.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeah! What Hourglass said. So it's settled ?
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
I never did feel bad for Belle after how Beast reacted to her for her disobedience. She deserved it... how stupid can you get. If the big hairy man says not to go anywhere... you don't go... it's a simple fact of life.

I always was a little annoyed at Belle for being so rude and going to the West Wing where she was not invited, especially since Cogsworth and Lumiere were risking their asses to tour her around. I mean, the giant scary monster is doing you a favor by not killing you! Just do what he says! But I suppose Belle didn't feel like she owed him any politeness, after he locked up her sick old father and threw him out in the cold and kept her prisoner and so rudely commanded her to befriend him or starve. Laughing

Jasmine would've done the same thing. ::plucking the rose:: "Psshh! Teach you to yell at me."
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

I always was a little annoyed at Belle for being so rude and going to the West Wing where she was not invited, especially since Cogsworth and Lumiere were risking their asses to tour her around. I mean, the giant scary monster is doing you a favor by not killing you! Just do what he says! But I suppose Belle didn't feel like she owed him any politeness, after he locked up her sick old father and threw him out in the cold and kept her prisoner and so rudely commanded her to befriend him or starve. Laughing

Jasmine would've done the same thing. ::plucking the rose:: "Psshh! Teach you to yell at me."

I really do see Jasmine doing that.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

I don't know.

Remember "Garden of Evil"?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

I don't know.

Remember "Garden of Evil"?

The guy from the " Garden of Evil" wasn't mean to Jasmine, kidnapped her and her treated her with respect. and he showed how much his children mean to him. Jasmine respected that. But if Jasmine were be imprisoned by Beast and not tell her why the rose is so important. Then he yelled at her for almost touching the rose. Seeing how Jasmine is. ummmm.... I have a feeling what's going to happen next. She'll fight.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they were different, but how exactly was the original Beauty and the Beast Stories different from the Disney version? I remember that Belle originally had sisters and that she had no name. Also, there were no talking furniture. But otherwise, how was it different?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once she left, she had three days to return or he'd die. Don't quote me on that, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum