Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Huh??
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huh??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Huh?? Reply with quote

I've been told by several people that Disney owns Pixar.

Also, technically that Disney had distribution rights to WBs Harry Potter and they can help promote it and that disney was thinking of adding a Harry Potter ride in their park, but decided to shelf the project to work on another ride. (according to Mugglenet, although I lost the article)

I don't doubt that Disney probably has those rights to Harry Potter but I didn't know they technically owned Pixar.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney most definitely does not own Pixar. In fact, that's what the problem has been for the last couple years - they have had to renegotiate a new contract, and Pixar has been understandably reluctant.

I know Disney has the airing rights to Harry Potter, but I don't know beyond that. As far as the ride goes, I can't stress this enough: it is not happening. Seriously. That gets posted all the time to WDWMagic, because people never use the search tool before they post, otherwise they'd know it's been discussed to death. Laughing I think that's a lot of wishful thinking.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there was this whole lawsuit with Pixar films. I remember. Stupid Eisner. *shakes fists DAMN YOU* It's so funny because instead of saying Pixar Films they say, a rendition of a Pixar Film. WTF? So if Disney is not associated with Pixar then who owns the characters of Bug's Life and Toy Story and Finding Nemo ?
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so no HP attraction in the future. Too bad. Sad

A lawsuit? For what, Mariposa?

And who's Eisner? Is he a disney princess? Laughing

Man, I gotta brush up on my Disney! Laughing

OK, so I've researched and I've come to the conclusion that
Disney does not own Pixar but they probabally own shares in Pixar stock. Pixar is a publically traded company, so I've heard.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisner, as in Micheal Eisner, as in the old head of the Disney company who everyone hates Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they have the Buzz Lightyear Laser Attraction and the Finding Nemo talking with Squirt and the Monsters Inc. (coming soon) and another Finding Nemo ride in Tomorrow and the Pixar parade, So they do.

I think that the lawsuit was that Eisner wanted to close down the studio and the company . People that worked for Pixar were trying to fight it. I don't know about the cartoon character contracts that have been already been made for Disney. It's like a big nasty celebrity divorce Nemo and boo are the innocent that's caught in between.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Eisner, as in Micheal Eisner, as in the old head of the Disney company who everyone hates Laughing

Oh, well then, boo Eisner! Laughing Who's the new head? I'll be googling away for a list of Disney heads. Laughing
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it's Bob Iger, who was Eisner's right-hand man. I'm willing to give him a chance - he seems to be doing well so far, let's see if he keeps it up!
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh. We just had to get Eisner's right-hand-bird... Razz

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I did a lot of research on Eisner and the whole DisneyWar and man did that feud get UGLY! Shocked

Things would have gone much more smoothly and quickly if disney fans and disney haters alike hadn't made such a hype about it and made matters worse. Otherwise, the company could have handled the matter and moved on.

But nothing ever comes easy to Disney. (remember the lies surrounding Atlantis? And Michael Moore and his publicity stunt?)

Despite their being rich and powerful, I can't help but sympathize with companies like Disney and Nickelodeon who have mobs of delusional haters at their doorway on a regular basis. (sometimes for a reason, sometimes for nothing at all)
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
OK, I did a lot of research on Eisner and the whole DisneyWar and man did that feud get UGLY! Shocked

Things would have gone much more smoothly and quickly if disney fans and disney haters alike hadn't made such a hype about it and made matters worse. Otherwise, the company could have handled the matter and moved on.

But if you think about it, the pervasiveness of the media (be it TV, internet, etc) makes news spread quickly and reach large numbers of people. It's not just in this case, it's in just about every case that gains national attention. And when you're talking about one of the biggest companies in the country, you're going to get national attention. It's unavoidable. Especially when the issue heavily concerns Wall Street! Stock prices were a big concern throughout this debate, so it's not just "Disney fans" or "Disney haters" that raised a ruckus, it's also people who had a stake in the company's financial performance.

And speaking as a former theme parks Cast Member, I can tell you that Eisner was not looked upon kindly in his visits. He was incredibly distant to his Cast Members, to the point of completely closing himself off to contact with them when he came to visit! Roy Disney, on the other hand, happily came down into the CM break rooms and visited with front-line CMs.

How else do you make people mad? You go on Larry King and complain about how overworked/underpaid you are, while your theme park CMs are overpaid and underworked. True story.

Quote:
But nothing ever comes easy to Disney.

Of course not - they're a large company, which automatically will make them a target.

Quote:
Despite their being rich and powerful, I can't help but sympathize with companies like Disney and Nickelodeon who have mobs of delusional haters at their doorway on a regular basis. (sometimes for a reason, sometimes for nothing at all)

True, but once again, that's inevitable with any large company like that, particularly media.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, Kirsten.

PS: Booo Comcast! Leave Disney alone! Razz
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this feels like the appropriate thread to place this question,

is Rajah a boy or a girl? A boy, right? Question Confused
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArabianPrincessKim wrote:
Since this feels like the appropriate thread to place this question,

is Rajah a boy or a girl? A boy, right? Question Confused
Boy. Smile
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Rajah was a boy! Some people were saying it was a girl. Rolling Eyes

I think i'll turn this thread into a place where I put my "I never knew!" Disney questions Laughing

Speaking of which how many "castles" does disney have and what are all their names? I know about Cinderella's Castle, Sleeping Beauty's Castle...is that it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum