Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Favorite Disney Character? (Non-Aladdin)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Disney Character? (Non-Aladdin)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that really dislikes Sleeping Beauty? I've only seen it twice, but both times bored me to tears.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't much care for the film in general. However, I love Maleficent. And I think Prince Philip is the most manly of the princes. Razz

But I really only bought the DVD to make my Disney DVD collection more complete. I don't think I've even taken the plastic wrap off of it yet.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
And I think Prince Philip is the most manly of the princes. Razz

And one of the few that actually has a name. Smile

Sleeping Beauty is a little boring, but the movie did come out in 1959. All the older movies are gentle and then progress to be a little more violent as the view changes in America. But after I watched the behind the scenes on how they did the scenery, I gained a new appreciation for the film. I'd die sitting there painting those backgrounds forever. Props to the guy that came up with the design and sat there and did that.

I actually drew a picture of Aurora sleeping. I think she is prettiest when she sleep. It came out ok. I've done better. I'll be happy to show it.

That, and going to Disney World makes you gain a new appreciation for all the movies whether you like the movie or not. Smile
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true! Sorcerer Mickey became one of my favorite characters after the first time I saw Fantasmic. It made me go back and watch Fantasia again, and I really got into it. Smile
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore Sorceror Mickey too! I watched "The Sorceror's Apprentice" on my Disney Treasures DVD recently and just adored it again.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Am I the only one that really dislikes Sleeping Beauty? I've only seen it twice, but both times bored me to tears.

It's more about Flora, Fauna and Merryweather more than anything else. And I loved the jokes in there. XD

Flora: "That's a... er... lovely cake."
Fauna: *putting the candles on as it slowly topples over* "Well, I'm sure it will be much more sturdy when I bake it."

I don't know what it is about the movie that I like so much, but there's definitely something.

The movie that bored ME to tears was Dumbo. I really don't like that movie. >,> Cinderella was kind of slow for me, too, up until the end. The scenes with Lucifer, Jack and Gus didn't really do much for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:

Cinderella was kind of slow for me, too, up until the end. The scenes with Lucifer, Jack and Gus didn't really do much for me.

Cinderella was ok. I think I liked it better when I was younger. I watched it again recently and found myself humming the songs. It's always about the songs for me. Storyline and characters are important too, but a good song can save a crappy movie. I still love Gus and Jack, though. I don't care much for the female mice.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much to love. They never gave any personality to the female mice. ^^;

I think Cinderella's greatest merit was the animation Very Happy I mean, she didn't have toes, but that's okay, because the animation was smooth and just plain goregeous!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Hero: Eric
Razz Heroine: Esmeralda
Evil or Very Mad Villain: Ursela
Wink Hero sidekick: Mushu
Rolling Eyes Villain sidekick: Pain and Panic
Aladdin4ever
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have several favorites but my favorite of all time are these:
Hero: Simba or Mufasa and Woody
Heroine: Ariel or Belle or Jessie
Villian: Maleficant
Hero Sidekick: Dopey and Grumpy
Villian Sidekick: Ed
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rolling Eyes Villain sidekick: Pain and Panic

I just realized that I forgot all about Pain and Panic while I did my list. Geebus! I love those guys, especially in the Hercules series. So, so brilliant.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the "If" speech all the time. I just bought a little panic figurine when I went yard sale shopping the other day. Along with Zeus and Meg. All three came to a total of 5 cents. Gotta love yard sales.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
I use the "If" speech all the time. I just bought a little panic figurine when I went yard sale shopping the other day. Along with Zeus and Meg. All three came to a total of 5 cents. Gotta love yard sales.

Shut up, shut up, shut up about yard sales! Very Happy
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero: Peter Pan (he was the only one who can take me to my favourite magical place in the world as a kid.. Neverland. ^^)
Heroine: Belle or Mulan
Villian: Hades or Scar.. tough call.
Hero Sidekick: Mushuuuuu!! (and Crickey!)
Villian Sidekick: Mmmm.. Pain and Panic for sure.

When I was a child, me and my friend (after watching Peter Pan) would always look up in the sky and find the brightest star and say that was 'Neverland' and one day Peter Pan would bring us there. Hehe.

Mulan, in my opinion, is the most strongest female character in Disney history, despite the fact that she's one of the youngest (my guess). I love Beauty and the Beast very much (cry every single time) so Belle had to be put up there as well.

Hades was funny and sometimes creaped me out, so I couldn't help but add him. Scar is by far the creepiest. I cannot think of any villain in Disney darker than him. Case closed.

Mushu is awesome and funny, the same with Crickey. I cannot say anymore on that. Heh.

Pain and Panic were my favourite characters from Hercules. They're so funny!

I made this up pretty quickly, so if I ever change it (I'm kind of like that, eeehehe..) than I.. well.. I guess I will. But the hero and heroine will stay.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may be bothered to add a new character to my villain love, I'm putting in Gantu. I love Gantu, especially in the series. Oh, Blitznag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum