Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Eric Goldberg interview
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eric Goldberg interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Eric Goldberg interview Reply with quote

Animated News has an Eric Goldberg interview up here!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That interview was SO random in the beginning Laughing

EG: I think Pocahontas' biggest sin is that it didn't do Lion King box office

Noooo, it's biggest sin was being WAY to commercialized before the movie even came out. Lilo and Stitch made about the same amount of money as Pocahontas did and it's just fine. Sometimes, money really doesn't matter.

"I think what people think is if it didn't do Lion King box office it must therefore be completely worthless."

YES. And I HATE that thought with a passion Mad

I do not hold truck with any of the stuff that came out where they say, "Well, all the good guys are white and all the bad guys are Arabs." That's ridiculous. Fine, Aladdin and Jasmine sound like mall rats, Jafar sounds like he's British, and Iago's from Brooklyn. So give me a break!
Laughing

AN: Outside of the animation fandom and people that go to all the ASIFA events, what does the general public most know you for?

EG: Probably the Genie. I mean I've done a lot of other things, but the Genie is probably my signature

Heeeeey, I know you did Phil on Hercules! Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Noooo, it's biggest sin was being WAY to commercialized before the movie even came out.
Eh, I don't know. I remember how commercialized Aladdin and TLK were before they came out. They were a lot better about promoting their animated films back then. Confused
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I think they REALLY lost their minds with that one. You saw most the movie before it even came out Laughing. Then any after those were under promoted.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
Noooo, it's biggest sin was being WAY to commercialized before the movie even came out.
Eh, I don't know. I remember how commercialized Aladdin and TLK were before they came out. They were a lot better about promoting their animated films back then. Confused

I remember the trailer for Aladdin. It was so simple, not like today's edgy and action-packed and misleading trailers.

It went something along the lines of, "We brought you all these great movies (insert list of movies here) So trust Disney on this one--go watch Aladdin." And everyone did. Ah, the good old days.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric was right in his interview. Irene Bedard (voice of Pocahontas and also Native American) was and is still gorgeous! Here's a pic:

http://www.jannagraber.com/irene_1.jpg

One question though. Is Bedard pronounced BedARD, Bedurd,
Bay-derd or what? I know. I ask the most random Pocahontas questions, don't I? Laughing I still want to know what exactly "paint with all the colors of the wind" means Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, she is!

And it's an interpretational song! Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of sending Stephen Schwartz an email asking what he meant by it. Dare I click 'send'? Laughing Tell me what you think of it first because I don't want to send in something that would make me sound really stupid Laughing Tell me if it needs editing or if you want to add in a question or something of your own:

Quote:
I would first like to say that I have always loved the music in Pocahontas and find the lyrics to all the songs to be beautiful and meaningful. I understand and appreciate the many messages each songs in Pocahontas have.

But something's been bugging me all day that I have never really thought about before until now. What exactly does "paint with all the colors of the wind" mean? I think when I was a child I understood what it meant at some point but I've either forgotten or never really knew what it meant at all. Could you please explain it to me as I'm sure to lose sleep over this--the inquiring minds at aladdincentral want to know.

That's my would-be email. I felt like I had to stress that I loved the music and understood most of the songs and that I just wasn't some dope flamer going "What the heck's that injun mean when she talks about peace and such? And what the heck's a sycamore?" Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Sounds fine to me, and you even included a little shout out Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I have some theories but I haven't sent the email yet ^ (read post above) I googled in

"colors of the wind"
"what does color of the wind mean"
"meaning to colors of the wind"
"pocahontas lyrics"
"what does Pocahontas mean"

to see if anybody has theorized about Pocahontas the way we were and apparently..we're the only ones Laughing I've googled in random variations of the above all day to see if I could find anything.

Finally I googled in "Wind doesn't have color" out of frustration. And I got something. Not about Pocahontas. But a really good clue, maybe. I came across some forum somehwere where people where arguing about religion and someone brought up the fact that wind has no color. Here is the short version of my theory about the lyrics in Pocahontas:

If you ever ask a religious person to prove to you that their religion is reality, they will most probably point towards their heart and say that they feel it. You ain't gonna get proof. You're asking for an answer to the ultimate question. It's like asking someone to tell you the color of the wind. As for the lyrics, she could be talking about anything she feels strongly about not necessarily religion. She might be talking about how she feels about religion, people, nature, life, love and that trying to make John Smith understand how she's feeling would be like trying to convince him that wind had many different colors, that bobcats grin for a reason, that they are all connected to each other, and that mountains/eagles/trees have voices. It would be almost as hard as convincing John that people who didn't look and think like him weren't automatically savages. Therefore, she might be trying to get John to look at life in a different way. Or maybe she's on an acid trip. But I prefer my first theory. Laughing

She also probably believes that there are many different colors of the wind. To each his own and whatnot, John Smith and Pocahontas probably have different opinions on that. Laughing

Last edited by APK on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....*smiles and nods* Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::tries to see if AG is smiling and nodding at the fact that she agrees or is amused at the thought of Poc on an acid trip:: Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/isn't sure herself, but continues to do so anyways Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::clicks send:: Very Happy

::regrets it:: Laughing
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
::clicks send:: Very Happy

::regrets it:: Laughing

Oh trust me I've regreted alot of things by clicking send. I'm giving david hewlett a music vid I made about his character mckay using the song zero to hero, I've sent a few emails to gilbert gottfried. Yeah been down that road before Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum