Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Have you bought any Disney CDs?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you bought any Disney CDs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Do they still carry "Music Behind the Magic" anywhere besides E-bay?

Amazon.com has it, but be careful whom you order it from. ~.~;

Quote:
Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular

What exactly is that? O.o; Is that the same as the RadioCity ice show, or is this something else?

Darkshipping is sexy overconfident ♥
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope; it's the 40 minute stage show at Disneyland Very Happy
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay. XD;;

I wish they made a soundtrack for the ice show though. :< That was a great show...

Darkshipping is sexy overconfident ♥
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
PrincessHikaru wrote:
Nez wrote:
Do they still carry "Music Behind the Magic" anywhere besides E-bay?

Not that I'm aware of. I got mine off eBay. I got it for a really good price, though, but I can understand if you're not quite old enough to use eBay. Good luck in your search!

~Hikaru

It's not some much my age. It's my lack of a credit card.

You have to have a credit card to sign up now? I guess that's the only way you can prove you're over eighteen, but I didn't have to submit one. That was in 1999, though, and even then they were picky about e-mail services.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still do the old fashioned money order deal, or send the money through the mail with some buyers.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Disney music collection...almost all of these are CDs; a few are cassettes or vinyl; I think those are all indicated. (Not all of these are mine personally; this is the family collection...I definitely use them the most Very Happy)

FEATURE ANIMATION FILM SOUNDTRACKS
~Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (CD version of the original release of this one, which only has the songs)
~Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (full soundtrack: songs, score, a few demo recordings...from about the '93 rerelease and subsequent VHS premier)
~Pinocchio
~Fantasia (cassette and CD versions)
~Bambi
~Cinderella (not the new Special Edition version, but I may end up buying that for "Dancing on a Cloud"...I LOVE demo recordings)
~Peter Pan (demo of Never Smile at a Crocodile is HILARIOUS!)
~Sleeping Beauty
~The Jungle Book
~Oliver and Company (on CD and VINYL!)
~The Little Mermaid (on cassette and CD)
~Beauty and the Beast (orig. release with the unused version of "Transformation")
~Beauty and the Beast Special Edition Soundtrack (includes the SE version of Human Again, a few demos, and both versions of the music from the scene where the Beast dies)
~Aladdin (the original release with the non-PC lyrics and the one that came in the deluxe video edition with cool Genie cover art and PC lyrics, plus the actual film version of "Happy End in Agrabah")
~The Lion King (original, not special edition)
~Pocahontas
~The Hunchback of Notre Dame (cassette only)
~Hercules
~Mulan
~Tarzan
~Fantasia/2000
~The Emperor's New Groove
~Atlantis: The Lost Empire
~Lilo and Stitch
~Brother Bear

DIRECT TO VIDEO SOUNDTRACKS/DISNEY TOON PROJECTS
~Aladdin and the King of Thieves (including songs from The Return of Jafar)
~Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
~The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea ("For a Moment" and a few songs from various Sebastian TV specials, dude...there is stuff worth listening too even if the movie's not worth watching)
~Lilo and Stitch's Island Favorites (version 2, featuring songs from Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch)
~Mickey-Donald-Goofy: The Three Musketeers

LIVE ACTION SOUNDTRACKS
~Mary Poppins (version from the late '80s, and the new 2-disc set with songs AND score and such)
~Mighty Joe Young
~The Haunted Mansion: Haunted Hits

TELEVISION SOUNDTRACKS
~Vinyl record of music from the 1955-59 Mickey Mouse Club TV show (I think the title is "The Mickey Mouse Club Songbook" or something like that)

MUSIC INSPIRED BY DISNEY MOVIES
~Rhythm of the Pride Lands (inspired by TLK)
~The Little Mermaid: Songs from the Sea
~Sebastian's Party Gras (inpired by TLM)

COMPILATION ALBUMS
~The Disney Collection, Volume 2 (from the first "Disney Collection" series released to CD; from mid-to-late 1980s...pre-TLM)
~The Disney Collection, Volume 3 (not the same Disney Collection series; from 1989/1990 or so; TLM was the most recent film at the time this collection was released)
~Julie Andrews Selects Her Favorite Disney Songs

DISNEY PRINCESS COLLECTION
~Disney's Princess Collection, Volume 1
~Disney's Princess Collection, Volume 2
~Disney Princess: The Ultimate Song Collection
~Disney's Princess Christmas Album

DISNEY ON BROADWAY
~Beauty and the Beast
~The Lion King
~Highlights from Disney on Broadway

DISNEY KARAOKE
~Disney Karaoke, Volume 1
~Disney's Karaoke Series: Disney Princess (volume 1)
~Disney's Princess Sing Along Album

OTHER ANIMATED FILM SOUNDTRACKS, NOT FEATURE ANIMATION
~Toy Story
~The Nightmare Before Christmas

RANDOM (NOT ALL NECESSARILY MADE BY DISNEY, BUT FEATURE ALL DISNEY MUSIC)
~Disney's Lullaby Album (cassette)
~Salute to Disney: Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops
~Symphonic Suites of the Animated Classics (orchestrations of songs from Snow White..., Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Lion King)
~Best Loved Children's Classics (Hallmark CD w/ instrumental Disney songs)
~Walt Disney Records Presents the Music of Walt Disney's Cinderella (new and old versions of music from the film)
~A cassette released by Disney with a lot of Christmas songs; don't recall the title
~Disney Love Songs ($5 from the Disney Store...not the greatest; the songs are all versions from the Karaoke CDs so the singing leaves a lot to be desired)
~Take My Hand: Songs from the Hundred Acre Wood (original music inspired by Winnie the Pooh and co.)
~Mousercise! (an old cassette, not the current CD)
~Michael Crawford: The Disney Album (the original Phantom of the Opera sings Disney)
~75 Years With Mickey (Disney-licensed CD sold at Hallmark for Mickey's b-day in 2003)

COLLECTOR SETS
~The Music Behind the Magic: The Musical Artistry of Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice (4 CD set)
~Annette: A Musical Tribute to the Girl Next Door (2 CD set)
~The Music of Disney: A Legacy in Song (3 CD set; music from parks, TV, and movies, up through Beauty and the Beast)
~A Musical History of Disneyland (6 CD set)

THEME PARKS
~Fantasmic! (Disneyland version; includes Main Street Electrical Parade)
~The Official Album of Disneyland and Walt Disney World (1991...cassette, though I have a CD version a friend copied for me Very Happy)
~The Official Album of the Walt Disney World Resort: Happiest Celebration on Earth 2-Disc Set
~The Haunted Mansion (all of the DL version; sequences from WDW version that aren't in DL, concept for DLP version, advertisements for DL's Mansion)
~Music from the Park (WDW 25th Anniversary Album)
~Wishes (WDW)
~Holiday Wishes (WDW)
~SpectroMagic (WDW)
~Tapestry of Dreams/IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (WDW)
~Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (DL)
~Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland (vinyl record; came with Musical History of Disneyland)

Honorable mention to a CD that is neither released by Walt Disney Records nor consisting of all Disney songs, but is an album called "Dream With Me," recorded by Paige O'Hara (Belle)...she does sing "Beauty and the Beast" on her own, and "When You Wish Upon a Star" as a duet with Jodi Benson (Ariel)

And...I think that's everything. (I copied and pasted an old list from an LJ post and tried to remember all the updates)
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...you could have just said "Every CD ever made ever" and been done with it Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
...you could have just said "Every CD ever made ever" and been done with it Laughing

But I've been to the Archives, and they DO have every one ever and the number is somewhere over 2000...so I would have been lying. Razz
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Princess wrote:
THEME PARKS
~Fantasmic! (Disneyland version; includes Main Street Electrical Parade)
~The Official Album of Disneyland and Walt Disney World (1991...cassette, though I have a CD version a friend copied for me Very Happy)
~The Official Album of the Walt Disney World Resort: Happiest Celebration on Earth 2-Disc Set
~The Haunted Mansion (all of the DL version; sequences from WDW version that aren't in DL, concept for DLP version, advertisements for DL's Mansion)
~Music from the Park (WDW 25th Anniversary Album)
~Wishes (WDW)
~Holiday Wishes (WDW)
~SpectroMagic (WDW)
~Tapestry of Dreams/IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (WDW)
~Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular (DL)
~Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland (vinyl record; came with Musical History of Disneyland)

Oooh, I forgot the "Walt Disney Takes You To Disneyland" vinyl and the 1991 Official Album cassette on my list! I've got those as well.

Out of curiosity, which version of the Wishes CD did you get? For awhile, they were selling the "press album" version where some of the Jiminy Cricket dialogue was different than in the show. (That's the version I have) But after awhile they changed it so that the dialogue is the same as the one that actually plays in the park.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Out of curiosity, which version of the Wishes CD did you get? For awhile, they were selling the "press album" version where some of the Jiminy Cricket dialogue was different than in the show. (That's the version I have) But after awhile they changed it so that the dialogue is the same as the one that actually plays in the park.

It's the same as in the show; I just got it for Christmas this past year. If I can ramble about my awesome CP and the awesome CP people for just a moment...one of my friends went on a major shopping spree in early December and bought herself a TON of park CDs, and she was showing them off to our group of friends (aka "Princess Club") at my apartment, and suddenly, two of my other friends started panicking "WHAT?! What do you MEAN you bought yourself Wishes and Fantasmic?!?!?!" She got the not-so-very-subtle hint and said "Well, OK...guess I'm not allowed to keep these so...who's going to want them as Christmas presents?" My roommate and I had the fastest reflexes. Razz So (I'm going to lapse into using Princess nicknames now just so it makes more sense...), Belle (who'd gone on the shopping spree in the first place) ended up getting Wishes AND Fantasmic from Cinderella and Aurora who'd been the ones to go into panic mode, Snow White (my roommate) got Fantasmic (and hey, she worked at MGM, how cool!), and I got Wishes. Very Happy (If you're curious...someone, for some reason, decided I was Jasmine. Razz NO idea why. Razz)
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(If you're curious...someone, for some reason, decided I was Jasmine. NO idea why. )

Probably for the same reason I once decided I was Agent Smith. Very Happy

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the Pocahontas CD two days ago. The music is great, I don't see why it hasn't gone broadway and Tarzan is Confused

I'm still looking forward to TLM and Aladdin on broadway though! Very Happy

I love the song If I Never Knew You

I've always loved that song savages. It's really ironic that despite their hate for each other, they're still thinking the same thing and aren't that different at all.

Ratcliffe: They're not like you and me, which means they must be evil. We must sound the drums of war!

Kekata: They're different from us, which means they can't be trusted.

Powhatan: We must sound the drums of war!

They're distrust for all things different and apparent liking of drums links them both together Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's a good one. I love the "Farewell" score because when it gets to the big build up of her running and then stopping once she gets to the cliff with all the wind blowing past her, I always jump over something in my house dramatically. It's usually the couch Laughing

And I've always love Pocahontas' chime in on "Savages pt. II" when she goes "How loud are the drums of war?" No idea why
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that chime! And I don't know why either Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think "painting with all the colors of the wind" means? I think I understood it when I was a kid, but now I'm not sure anymore...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum