Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - The Sequel Formula
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sequel Formula
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Bear II --That's okay. Brother Bear isn't an old classic and the trailer looks okay.

Cinderella III ---When will it END??

Fantasia/2006 ---That actually sounds interesting

The Fox And The Hound 2: Friends Forever--good GOD! Stop this madness.

Hercules II: The Trojan War --The Trojan War? Laughing I'll rent it. It's okay since Hercules is not an old classic and Hercules already had a series (and a crossover) Besides, I studied the war in class and want to see what they do with it.

The Little Mermaid III---NO! hope it's better than part II Rolling Eyes I hope it focuses on ARIEL and is a midquel or something, instead of another movie for Melody

Mulan III--THe first one was great. Why must they do this?

Sleeping Beauty II --somebody shoot me.

I might rent:

Oliver & Company II
Peter Pan 3
The Rescuers III (I LOVE the rescuers!)
Fantasia 2006
Hercules

After fearing Bambi II would be crap and then actually seeing it, I think I might have a little sliver of faith left.

The thing with me and sequels is that I usually know which ones are being made before they come out , so I'm never as depressed or angry as everyone else who were just watching TV innocently minding their own business when they heard the terrible news Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, there's just not a NEED for 99% of these sequels in general. Why did we need to see the life of Ariel's child that wasn't even shown at the end of the first movie? I'm not really caring. Even if I was a huge TLM fan, I'd still be "...why are they making this?"

I can maybe argue that prequels and *maybe* even in-betweenquels are are better, but if the original movie was able to hold without it the first time, why would you make an entire film for that one part? And with sequels, I can see that if maybe the original movie ended on a weird note that was definite that you could make a sequel to tie up loose ends (like us and Mulan possibly with the "Heeey, are they married or just together?" thing), but maybe there was a *reason* that wasn't addressed in the first film, whether it be writer's choice, out of time and money, or didn't feel it needed it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Sleeping beauty II is just a rumor, isn't it?? Please tell me it is! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::kciks computer:: APK
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone rememer a Peter Pan series as a kid? I'm pretty sure there WAS one but maybe I have it confused by another non-disney Peter Pan series? Confused
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it wasn't Disney Laughing Peter Pan and the Pirates, you mean?
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about that one (just researched it two seconds after I posted the question) Laughing

But I seem to remember a Disney series too...I used to watch it as a kid and hook and peter looked exactly the same as they did in the disney version. But maybe I'm just imagining it and got it confused with Peter Pan and the Pirates. Sad Are you SURE Disney didn't have a series?
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they never had a Great Mouse Detective series. I've always wanted a series or a sequel to that one, but instead they're making ones for everything else that don't need to have sequels. But then again, GMD wasn't a big finanical success and it was made back in the day when nobody made sequels or series to things. Ah, the good old days.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
Sad Are you SURE Disney didn't have a series?

I'm pretty sure. I would have watched that Laughing

See, GMD is one of this situations that could be made into another sequel because the first movie itself is sorta set up like it's one story in a bunch, much like the Sherlock Holmes books are. They could make a "sequel" and it be a completely different movie from the events in the first one. The only thing that would be the same is Basil (LOVE him, by the way Laughing) and Dawson. They could get rid of everyone else and have an entirely new story. A Series could have been just as great.

This could also be because I have a bias to that movie because I love it Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
APK wrote:
Sad Are you SURE Disney didn't have a series?
I'm pretty sure. I would have watched that Laughing

You have no idea what you just did to my psyche Laughing It must have been that non-disney series that I watched when I was a kid--I used to get up for it early in the morning and would become very upset if no one reminded me it was on. But I only watched it because I thought it was a series to the movie. I must have been a clueless kid because I'm researching it now online and the character designs don't look the same at ALL Laughing and I think it was by Fox. Laughing Well, Peter has brown hair and Hook has a hat in this series and I thin kthat was enough to make me think they were by the same people Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I know there was, or is a series for TLM, Aladdin, TLK (Timon and Pumbaa), 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book (although it was called Jungle Cubs), Hercules, Tarzan, Winnie the Pooh, Lilo and Stitch and just recently The Emperor's New Groove. Atlantis was going to get one and so was BATB and I wanna say Mulan, but don't quote me on that last one. The Atlantis series is now Atlantis II and the BATB series is now "Belle's Magical World".

I *think* Alice in Wonderland had a series, but I know BATB had one, but they were both Live-Action
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Cinderella II and III were the based on series but instead of a series they just made it into sequels. They should;ve jsut stuck with the series thing because then Prince Charming might have gotten some character development or a personality Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, he still would have been blah. It's funny how everyone wants a "prince charming" yet the one in this movie is a loser Laughing. He sent someone else to go find the girl of his dreams--good call, jerk Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love hearing the prince yell "Stop! Wait!" While Cinderella runs away. Don't tell me he couldn't run. He could have chased after he if he really wanted to. In the Roger and Hammerstein's version, he sends the secret service to find her. He keeps trying to convince his mom that she is THE ONE for him after having met her for ten mintes but not knowing her name, as one of the songs reveal. He also tells everyone to try harder in searching for her. But he sits at his castle and does nothing but pout. Laughing If anything, Cinderella is sending a bad message to boys everywhere--teaching them to be submissive to authority and naive about love, and also lowering boys self-esteem by telling them that they have to be handsome, rich and perfect to score a girl like Cinderella. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still can't see why they couldn't keep it as him going after her and finding who fits the slipper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum