Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - By popular demand...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

By popular demand...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Yeah, she says "Super kawaii!!" or just "kawaii" all the time like in the beginning of her videos and just in general now.

Oy.

Can she even pronounce it properly?

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She might; I'm not 1,000 percent sure of how it's said myself
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yarg. People who type like they're two are such a pet peeve of mine. I've heard all the arguments a million times over, and don't buy any of them. The most common one is "it's faster this way." Faster for you to type, slower for the rest of the world to try to decode. Get a shred of decency and type something legible. I don't care how old you are or how many advanced degrees you may hold... type like that, and I will consider your words mindless drivel and not worth my time. I'll probably also think you're stupid.

The period, comma, shift key, and apostrophe are your friend!

*huggles VisionsFantastic for cracking down on lazy typists*
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I'm reminded of one of my all-time favorite comic strips:
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this is one of my personal favorites:

All hail Bob the Angry Flower! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Where'd you learn this? STOP DOING IT!" Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWAHAHA! My sentiments exactly!

I don't suppose any of you have met the Apostrophe Protection Society?

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no clue they had one Laughing

Save Grammar!
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punctuation, lass. Wink Grammer relates to the word-order; punctuation pertains to those funny little symbols we insert to make our sentances make some semblance of sense.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, they both need help either way Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis my opinion that grammar is a flexible beast, and should be flexed to produce the proper rhetorial results.

However, it should not be flexed to the point of breaking its backbone. That tends to create prose that's a bit bothersome, not to mention bilious.

Lord Mozenrath
Apathetic Lord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Grammer is one of the reasons I hate mortals. What's the point of typing all in "Net Talk?" Seriously, it would be far more easier to understand and read clearly if you write in fair cohearant sentences instead of writing "yo, how r u? nm u? same lolz! l8r!" It's just plain annoying, and even if it is an easy way, it is definatly a wrong ass way.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the one that drives me crazy is when they TyPe LiKe ThIs. Argh! how can you type like that, its hard on the hand after a while
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Yarg. People who type like they're two are such a pet peeve of mine. I've heard all the arguments a million times over, and don't buy any of them. The most common one is "it's faster this way." Faster for you to type, slower for the rest of the world to try to decode. Get a shred of decency and type something legible. I don't care how old you are or how many advanced degrees you may hold... type like that, and I will consider your words mindless drivel and not worth my time. I'll probably also think you're stupid.

The period, comma, shift key, and apostrophe are your friend!

*huggles VisionsFantastic for cracking down on lazy typists*

But what do y'all think of people who send text messages in "net talk"? I sometimes send text messages to my family through AIM. My big sister can spell and punctuate properly, but my dad uses net talk. My sister's up with the times, though, while my dad's stuck in the 1960s. His lack of typing skills where text messages are concerned don't mean he's stupid, they just mean he doesn't know how to work modern technology. (Those people make me laugh. I'm sorry...or not.)

~Hikaru
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Mozenrath wrote:
Bad Grammer is one of the reasons I hate mortals. What's the point of typing all in "Net Talk?" Seriously, it would be far more easier to understand and read clearly if you write in fair cohearant sentences instead of writing "yo, how r u? nm u? same lolz! l8r!" It's just plain annoying, and even if it is an easy way, it is definatly a wrong ass way.

Not all mortals use bad grammar.
Interestingly enough, though, sprites don't know how to spell or write very well. But maybe that's another reason why you hate sprites.

There are some really crappy teachers in schools, which may give way to some of the stupidity online. I heard of one teacher who gave a kid an A on a paper that had "you are a ass" written three times in its body content. Makes me wonder what else the moron has let slip by.

You know, all this "net talk" talk has got me thinking. In the book 1984, they had this thing called "New Speak" which was a language that shortened or combined words. It was used in newspapers, and one guy believed that within a couple of years, everybody would be speaking "New Speak" (or was it "newspeak"? I don't remember.) and there would be only six words in the entire language. I wonder if there's people who feel that way about Net Speak, or at least believe that within a couple of years it's going to be an acceptable form of writing. It gives me a headache to think of such a scenario. I'll type properly, at least attempting to spell and punctuate intelligently, and if anybody doesn't understand me, then they weren't worth my time or energy in the first place.

~Hikaru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum