Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Chronology?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chronology?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
Jumping in, I'm sure that Forget me Lots comes before any of the other Abis Mal episodes, because Iago mentions "Those are Abis Mal's goons!"
But in all the rest of Mal's eps, he doesn't have any "goons" (sans Haroud) so I'm assuming they quit, or Team Aladdin killed/arrested them.
Yeah, but the "goons" in FML aren't the same ones as in RoJ... Confused
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, but the "goons" in FML aren't the same ones as in RoJ...

And half of them seem to end up in the Forty Thieves, so God only knows what happens there.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, but the "goons" in FML aren't the same ones as in RoJ...

And half of them seem to end up in the Forty Thieves, so God only knows what happens there.

...they've got really good agents?
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Lol, we need to hook Sa'luk up with this guy to give him a fanbase!

Anyway, here's a bit of trivial chronology information about the city as a whole: The rulers, as I can best guess.

1. Hamed- Founder, namesake
2. Amok Mon Ra- Mentions ruling Agrabah "thousands of years ago"
3. The Witches of the Sand- as is already stated, a thousand years ago.
4. (Assumption here) Bobolonious- He's living in the palace, he's a direct male ancestor of the Sultan... if he didn't rule Agrabah, he ruled someplace else)
5. Sultan Stupidhead... errr, the current Sultan
6. Aladdin (at some point)

Now, the character I'm not placing in that line is Kalim, as we don't know when he ruled the city. But I'm assuming it's a while back. Iago, who usually is pretty good with history and what not, doesn't know who he is, and Sultan says that his father told him of the "legends". On a totally unrelated note, Kalim's "exorcism" from the statue is really, really cool.

After we hit these surface details, I guess we'll have to guess using aspects of the characters themselves. For instance, Aladdin's reactions to Jasmine's decisions might give some timeline. In "Bad Mood Rising" he can't understand why she would give herself to Mamood to save the suffering of Quirkistan. Yet in "Riders Redux", he lets Jasmine lock him away to save Agrabah from war. That's probably not too useful of an example, but it might be the only way to figure out chronology without a lot of BSing. *Shrugs*
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new thought (I'm not editing my last one because it's on a different wavelength): I think "Do the Rat Thing" and "That Stinking Feeling" come early in the series, due to the fact that Jasmine is still meeting suitors. Eventually, Aladdin garners a big reputation (so Kapok says), so it's not like they wouldn't know about him.

Unless, of course, you lead the Forty Thieves, then the life of Aladdin and his helpful Genie is totally foreign to you Rolling Eyes
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Quote:

Lol, we need to hook Sa'luk up with this guy to give him a fanbase!

Anyway, here's a bit of trivial chronology information about the city as a whole: The rulers, as I can best guess.

1. Hamed- Founder, namesake
2. Amok Mon Ra- Mentions ruling Agrabah "thousands of years ago"
3. The Witches of the Sand- as is already stated, a thousand years ago.
4. (Assumption here) Bobolonious- He's living in the palace, he's a direct male ancestor of the Sultan... if he didn't rule Agrabah, he ruled someplace else)
5. Sultan Stupidhead... errr, the current Sultan
6. Aladdin (at some point)

Now, the character I'm not placing in that line is Kalim, as we don't know when he ruled the city. But I'm assuming it's a while back. Iago, who usually is pretty good with history and what not, doesn't know who he is, and Sultan says that his father told him of the "legends". On a totally unrelated note, Kalim's "exorcism" from the statue is really, really cool.

After we hit these surface details, I guess we'll have to guess using aspects of the characters themselves. For instance, Aladdin's reactions to Jasmine's decisions might give some timeline. In "Bad Mood Rising" he can't understand why she would give herself to Mamood to save the suffering of Quirkistan. Yet in "Riders Redux", he lets Jasmine lock him away to save Agrabah from war. That's probably not too useful of an example, but it might be the only way to figure out chronology without a lot of BSing. *Shrugs*

I believe the spider folk in "Web of Fear" where roaming the city at some point. Or maybe it's the old burried city is made the home of this folk. Now that I think of it, I never saw anything remotely looking like buildings while Team Aladdin where underground just tunnels & caves.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
A new thought (I'm not editing my last one because it's on a different wavelength): I think "Do the Rat Thing" and "That Stinking Feeling" come early in the series, due to the fact that Jasmine is still meeting suitors. Eventually, Aladdin garners a big reputation (so Kapok says), so it's not like they wouldn't know about him.

"Do The Rat Thing" has to be early in the series. That real understand of just exactly what Aladdin had to go through when he was on the streets was still a foreign concept to her.
And Al hasn't quite got a taste of diplomacy and foreign affairs yet because he calls Jas a princess as if it's easy. The only other time he called her princess was in TWWW.

Quote:
Unless, of course, you lead the Forty Thieves, then the life of Aladdin and his helpful Genie is totally foreign to you Rolling Eyes

You know what? I'm adopting Cassim. You no longer have him. Sa'luk has currupted your brain to the point where all you do is say mean things about Cassim. He's mine now. *pats Cassim*
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merkal wrote:
I believe the spider folk in "Web of Fear" where roaming the city at some point. Or maybe it's the old burried city is made the home of this folk. Now that I think of it, I never saw anything remotely looking like buildings while Team Aladdin where underground just tunnels & caves.

Yet, the witches of the sand had a whole palace underground and that was no where to be seen. This is why I need to be an animator. I would remember the little things like that when I would do a reference.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know what? I'm adopting Cassim. You no longer have him. Sa'luk has currupted your brain to the point where all you do is say mean things about Cassim. He's mine now. *pats Cassim*

I wasn't insulting Cassim! I just think that it's totally illogical that he has no knowledge whatsoever of Genie - that's the writers problem, not his. *Takes Cassim back*
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on Earth WOULD Cassim know of Genie? He hasn't seen his son for 17 years, much less his Genie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't insulting Cassim! I just think that it's totally illogical that he has no knowledge whatsoever of Genie - that's the writers problem, not his. *Takes Cassim back*

But you are being mean to him and have been for a while. *points to cruel post when you said that stuff about Cassim when he gets back and Sa'luk has taken over* The writers said that too huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. *takes him back*

It's ok, Cassim. She won't say mean things about you anymore. You can stay with me and drink coffee. Very Happy
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How on Earth WOULD Cassim know of Genie? He hasn't seen his son for 17 years, much less his Genie.

"I have come to you, Aladdin, because your exploits are legendary throughout the seven deserts." - Kapok, Heads, You Lose

I assume that Cassim gets out of the lair sometimes. And Aladdin is quite famously the hero of Agrabah. After a certain point in the series, they don't even try to hide Genie, who's been in his natural form in Agrbabah, Getzistan, Ganastan (Maybe- In Armored and Dangerous, when coming back with the ambassador he's doing magic), Quirkistan, Odiferous, Pei Ling, Paramoor.... you're getting my drift. I think Cassim would at least hear of it. If he didn't know going into the palace, I can maybe understand it- but after meeting Aladdin, I still don't know how he couldn't know about Aladdin's heroics and Genie. *Shrugs*

Quote:

But you are being mean to him and have been for a while. *points to cruel post when you said that stuff about Cassim when he gets back and Sa'luk has taken over* The writers said that too huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. *takes him back*

Oh, no, that's a character thing. Such an arrogant jerk in that moment. But aside from that, I have great Cassim love. After all, I spent a lot of yesterday thinking about him for story. The not know about Genie is a logic flaw, IMO, and needs to be justified somehow.

*Nods, takes Cassim back and gives him some Butterfinger flavored hot chocolate*
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:

Oh, no, that's a character thing. Such an arrogant jerk in that moment. But aside from that, I have great Cassim love. After all, I spent a lot of yesterday thinking about him for story. The not know about Genie is a logic flaw, IMO, and needs to be justified somehow.

*Nods, takes Cassim back and gives him some Butterfinger flavored hot chocolate*[/quote]

Fine, you get him back for a little while, but I'm watching you. No more treating Cassim like dirt. He is the father of my animated baby's daddy. You can't dis the gene pool.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fine, you get him back for a little while, but I'm watching you. No more treating Cassim like dirt. He is the father of my animated baby's daddy. You can't dis the gene pool.

*Throws herself inside injoke she's not even a part of* Well, Cassim is my animated baby's daddy, so *raspberry**
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
Quote:

*Throws herself inside injoke she's not even a part of* Well, Cassim is my animated baby's daddy, so *raspberry**

Are you sure? You are acting like he is your "going through a horrible divorce" animated baby's daddy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum