Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Chronology?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chronology?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonessa
Snarky Scientist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think Genie sometimes just forgets he can teleport them away, or that he just wants to play around. Maybe he could do it, but it's not spectacular enough. I dunno, but this could explain why he sometimes doesn't use his magic, and rather turns into air plaines or other vehicles *shrugs*
Just a thought...

Of course, your explanation is much more thought through, AG! Smile
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonessa wrote:

Nah, mine just shows I have A LOT of free time Very Happy
Dragonessa
Snarky Scientist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
Dragonessa wrote:

Nah, mine just shows I have A LOT of free time Very Happy

Lol, this of course as well! Wink
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can't just ignore the Genie of the series because it comes into a character conflict with the Robin Genie of the original/KOT. Genie's powers in KOT seem like a gaff to me... like someone got too caught up in Robin being back and kind of forgot that Genie had, you know, grown over the series.

Umm... actually I can... but that wasn't my intent. I just like Robin's humor better and try to fit w/ that... not to good at it yet though. I like the series, and I add alot of it in my stories.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
Husse
Genie of da Pibb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both actors are pretty funny, but I prefer the Spanish guy to Dan. He's just a little too shreeky for my tastes.

And I was watching the sequels again...the Genie has arm bracelets? Confused

NO YOU CAN'T!

YES I CAAAAAAAAAAAN!

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Husse wrote:
And I was watching the sequels again...the Genie has arm bracelets? Confused

Yeah, they said he looked funny without them Very Happy Now they are just fashion statements, rather than a symbol of his confinement.
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
Yeah, they said he looked funny without them Very Happy Now they are just fashion statements, rather than a symbol of his confinement.

Heh, now there's one where the in- and out-of-story explanations turned out to be the same! Laughing

Genie: The only thing I'm a slave to is fashion! These things (gestures to bracelets) go great with a tasteful string of pearls...
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
AladdinsGenie886 wrote:

Heh, now there's one where the in- and out-of-story explanations turned out to be the same! Laughing

Genie: The only thing I'm a slave to is fashion! These things (gestures to bracelets) go great with a tasteful string of pearls...

Lol.
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heh, now there's one where the in- and out-of-story explanations turned out to be the same!

I knew there was an explanation in the series, I just couldn't remember what it was! It's great someone found it though.

Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
But then there is that mixing magic's issue. Can you not mix magic when it is from two different magical beings or two different magic types entirely? Eden and Genie's magic was mixed together and nothing happened. Yet, he was freaking out when Jasmine told him to close the portal that Sadira made with the magic she acquired from the Witches of the Sand, but she herself isn't a magical being. Just someone who casts spells.

Notice how Genie only freaks out when they're trying to mix magics to stop another form of magic. I think mixing magics is only a no-no when you're trying to make them work against each other -- it's like trying to force two north poles of a magnet together. They just clash.
When you're combining magic for a sole purpose, as Mozenrath does (and the Shaman did), then they run their own course without interacting with the other magical energies.
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's like trying to force two north poles of a magnet together. They just clash.

Actually if you are trying to get two north poles to work together... it's like having to magics work together... not to pick...too much

Umm... but you are right! I totally understand your explanation!!! It puts it in great perspective. Good wording.

Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
When you're combining magic for a sole purpose, as Mozenrath does (and the Shaman did), then they run their own course without interacting with the other magical energies.

I always thought of the Crystal of Ix as sort of a magic converter, which is how I explained Mozenrath being able to use Genie's magic. The Shaman's staff could work the same way. Maybe they're made of similar material? Wink
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
Quote:
it's like trying to force two north poles of a magnet together. They just clash.

Actually if you are trying to get two north poles to work together... it's like having to magics work together... not to pick...too much

Psssst... similar charges repel Wink
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
Marisa wrote:

I always thought of the Crystal of Ix as sort of a magic converter, which is how I explained Mozenrath being able to use Genie's magic. The Shaman's staff could work the same way. Maybe they're made of similar material? Wink

That could be it, too.

On a random note, why do we call it the Crystal of Ix? It's called the Crystal of Ixtala, isn't it? Recall the scene from SoDR:

Genie: Gah! The Crystal of Ix-- (he cuts himself off) Ooh, even to say it out loud would invite my doom!
Mozenrath: Allow me. IXTALA!

Then again, they do refer to it as the Crystal of Ix in most episodes afterward.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying the full name seems to invoke the thing.

...perhaps you just invoked it by saying it! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum