Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Rebuttals to All Heated Disney Debates
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuttals to All Heated Disney Debates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Rebuttals to All Heated Disney Debates Reply with quote

Just thought I should post a link helping out all you fellow mousekateers argue effectively for your daily Disney debates. Do you often find yourself frustrated and wishing people would combust on the spot? Laughing (to understand joke, check flamethrower page) Do you find that people have the audacity to challenge your knowledge on things like Aladdin? Do you find that people are constantly trying to make you believe there is a conspiracy to pervert people's already perverted minds and that Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen somehwere? If so, this link is just for you!

http://www.snopes.com/disney/disney.asp

and something to quell atlantis rip off rumors

http://utd500.utdallas.edu/~hairston/atlantis.html

Always glad to be of service to my fellow friends. Now pay up. I didn't do this out of the goodness of my heart. I have to afford those Aladdin collectibles somehow!

This post will self-destruct in ten seconds.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand for the combust thing and challenging my knowledge* Laughing

You know, I never heard of that Atlantis one. I swear, *everything* is tied back to some anime someone pulled out their basement.

(Or for that matter, Jasmin's outfit in Alladin.)

*head. pounding* Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The atlantis link is a bother to read through. It's really long and I hate the layout, but in the end it does the job of proving the rumor as FALSE. And everything is tied back to some anime because animes have covered...well...everything! Manga artists are constantly ripping off each other and nobody really takes it personally, it's just sort of funny how a lot of animes end up looking the same. There's like a hundred shows out there about demons, robots, crystals used as an energy source, little monsters and a sister who had a brother that was related to her aunt's nephew's cousin twice removed who found out that her lover is really her enemy from a past life Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how every cartoon tv plot ever has been done by Bugs Bunny or the Simpsons Laughing

There's certain plots that just stick with genres of tv and film. It's extremely hard to come up with something new that *no one* else has thought of before.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the trailers for Aquamarine (so lame)

People are claiming its a rip off of Splash, which annoys me, because they both have mermaids but aren't even the same story. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and that's another one of those things where it's just stereotypical of the plot. It's either

-a guy finds a mermaid and tries to keep it a secret from everyone while hiding her identity/passing her as a human and we laugh at all the follies and silly things she does. Then he ends up falling in love with her, but she either can't stay or ends up staying as a human to live with him

-or the same situation, but with a merman and a woman finding him

-or it's a mermaid with a mission and they have three days to accomplish some task of love, live on land, find something, etc.

I was saying the same thing about "Zathura". I saw the previews for that and went "Dude...that Jumunji in space", but when you're playing an epic board game like that, it's all going to look the same Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard that The personalities of the dwarf characters in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs represent the seven stages of cocaine addiction? The same guy I was arguing with yesterday told me that one. Hilarious. Laughing It's false of course, as the link above will tell you, but it's still funny. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've heard that one too. Laughing
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favorite? The one that went around Disneyland fandom for years: "You know they can't drain the submarine lagoon, because the water pressure is holding up the supports for the Matterhorn? If they try to drain it, the Matterhorn will fall over." *dies laughing* That rumor has officially been shot down - the sub lagoon has now been empty for months. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum