Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Who's better? Mirage or Mozenrath (me)?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's better? Mirage or Mozenrath (me)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better?
Mozenrath (Me)
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Mirage
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lessa-see... Jafar had a pretty good motivation, I thought - he had his own ideas as to how Agrabah should be run, but the Sultan tended to get in the way at times. Maybe that's not the most profound of motivations, but it's realistic enough, methinks.

If Mozenrath ever did take over Agrabah, I kinda get the feeling that he'd be taking on a bigger responsibility than he really has the time or drive for. "Oops, sorry, I'm too busy trying to find greater power to actually rule. You guys are on your own."

...So much for his grand plans of conquest, huh?

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Princess wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
They're in public together now! Laughing

I wish I'd had time to go scanner-happy before I came back to school...that picture is from my friend Katie's digicam. I took one the good ol' film way where they're walking across the stage and Maleficent is in front pointing the way and looking demanding...Jafar is hanging his head as he follows her...general effect is 'yup, she's got him whipped.' Razz I promise to scan it in May when I'm home so you can see. Razz

Laughing If he doesn't want to sleep on the couch, he better listen

Syera wrote:
Well, lessa-see... Jafar had a pretty good motivation, I thought - he had his own ideas as to how Agrabah should be run, but the Sultan tended to get in the way at times. Maybe that's not the most profound of motivations, but it's realistic enough, methinks.

Exactly. He started off with take over the throne, but then when he got that AND became super powerful he started thinking "Why have the throne when I can everything?" He just wanted to be the most powerful sorcerer, sultan, etc. in the world.

Quote:
If Mozenrath ever did take over Agrabah, I kinda get the feeling that he'd be taking on a bigger responsibility than he really has the time or drive for. "Oops, sorry, I'm too busy trying to find greater power to actually rule. You guys are on your own."

...So much for his grand plans of conquest, huh?

I think he's just doing it because he can, or was trying to prove he can. Somehow, I think it'd blow up in his face if he did get control over the seven deserts.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Laughing If he doesn't want to sleep on the couch, he better listen

In the other pictures I have from the villain stage show, he definitely has the Queen from Snow White and Cruella coming up and hitting on him and he looks like 'No, no, ladies...sorry...she keeps me on a short leash.' *nods*
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She told me she'd kill me in my sleep if I even look at another woman" Laughing
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking...
Maybe Mozenrath wants to rule the world, maybe he doesn't. But I think you guys are right. He's more into searching for magic and becoming more powerful. Maybe Disney threw in that ruling the seven deserts thing because it's such an easy trait to give to a villain. If he really does want to pursue this goal, it would have to be a power thing. If he rules the seven deserts, then there'd be no denying he's become the most powerful sorcerer. I think once he achieved that goal (Heaven forbid... Though like I said, better him than Big Brother.) then he would flex his muscles and throw his weight around. I mean, afterall, he can be bossy at times. Though, like some of you said, if there's a source of power he wants...
Though, if he becomes the suppreme ruler, then can't he be all, "Gimme that! And you better not question your supreme ruler, or I'll blast you into next week!"

I'd like to thank you all for making me think, though. If I'm going to continue including Mozenrath in every fricken story I write, then I should come up with reasons as to why he wants to rule the world so darn much.

(Side note: Last night, I had a vision of Mozenrath and other random villains I know of fighting over a globe, trying to get it from the rest. "KEEPAWAY!" Laughing )

~Hikaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what makes these villains scary to kids is that you can't reason with them. They want to rule the world just to feel some sort of rush or power. It doesn't make sense, but it isn't supposed to make sense to normal people. For example, Moze (like Napoleon) wanted to rule everything just because he could. Mirage wants to make Aladdin miserable just for the heck of it and she hates seeing people happy. Sadira is too blind to see Aladdin doesn't love her, and she is a scary stalker. Villains never really have a good reason for wanting to do evil, but do they ever?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^APK
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I For example, Moze (like Napoleon) wanted to rule everything just because he could.

For some reason, I read Napoleon as "Napoleon Dynamite" Laughing

*imagines Mo saying "GOSH!"* Laughing
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I guess what makes these villains scary to kids is that you can't reason with them. They want to rule the world just to feel some sort of rush or power. It doesn't make sense, but it isn't supposed to make sense to normal people. For example, Moze (like Napoleon) wanted to rule everything just because he could. Mirage wants to make Aladdin miserable just for the heck of it and she hates seeing people happy. Sadira is too blind to see Aladdin doesn't love her, and she is a scary stalker. Villains never really have a good reason for wanting to do evil, but do they ever?

Yes, they do. I can't stress enough that villains aren't born villains and always have purposes. Some writers of certain fandoms just don't feel like coming up with purposes, or they do, but figure the audience the show is geared for wouldn't understand them.

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessHikaru wrote:
I've been thinking...
Maybe Disney threw in that ruling the seven deserts thing because it's such an easy trait to give to a villain.

Quite likely.

Quote:
If he really does want to pursue this goal, it would have to be a power thing. If he rules the seven deserts, then there'd be no denying he's become the most powerful sorcerer.

That's a good point. His want of conquest could just be a quest to prove to himself and others that yes, he is the most powerful, neener-neener, etc.

Quote:
I think once he achieved that goal (Heaven forbid... Though like I said, better him than Big Brother.) then he would flex his muscles and throw his weight around. I mean, afterall, he can be bossy at times. Though, like some of you said, if there's a source of power he wants...
Though, if he becomes the suppreme ruler, then can't he be all, "Gimme that! And you better not question your supreme ruler, or I'll blast you into next week!"

Somehow, I imagine him getting cheap thrills out of strutting through the towns and arresting those who look at him wrong to make mamluks. He'd probably get a reak kick out of intimidating people, but after the initial novelty of being the supreme ruler wears off, I imagine him in a "Uh... what now?" situation - he's the ruler, all right, but he really doesn't care to do any actual ruling.

Quote:
I'd like to thank you all for making me think, though. If I'm going to continue including Mozenrath in every fricken story I write, then I should come up with reasons as to why he wants to rule the world so darn much.

You're welcome! If I have expanded your brain in some way, then I have acheived my goal. Very Happy

APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, they do. I can't stress enough that villains aren't born villains and always have purposes. Some writers of certain fandoms just don't feel like coming up with purposes, or they do, but figure the audience the show is geared for wouldn't understand them.

I've always wanted to know Mirage's purpose. She seems to have a very interesting history with the blind guy and those cat people.
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
Quote:

I've always wanted to know Mirage's purpose. She seems to have a very interesting history with the blind guy and those cat people.

I keep thinking of another fandom I am into. There were 65 episodes, and the show was made to sell dolls. It was later discovered that the writers put some extensive thought into the characters, and these in-depth profiles were distributed among the writers of the episodes. I bet that's the case with pretty much any fandom. I mean, look at what they had planned for Aladdin.

As for Mirage, I'd bet my last sheckel that her backstory has been written. Often times what we see on the screen is jutst an adaptation of what the writers had in mind.

~Hikaru
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Disney would come out with those "behind the scenes" books on the Aladdin series.

As for Mozenrath, I like the theory among fangirls that he used to be a slave or someone with a really low staus in society, that he lost anyone he cared about because of his status, and that he's afraid to be mortal and die, lose his power, or be under the grasp of someone else's cruel authority once more. Of course, that still doesn't explain his eel minion...I'll just pretend he borrowed one of Ursula's minions. Laughing

I always had a theory that Mirage wants to beautiful and find true love and sold her soul for it, never really got what she wanted and so hates Jasmine for it

Out of all the villains, Sadira annoys me the most. Because you know she's not really that bad but is just so flippin weird. Laughing
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
I wish Disney would come out with those "behind the scenes" books on the Aladdin series.

I'm sure they will eventually, even if it's twenty years from now.

Quote:
As for Mozenrath, I like the theory among fangirls that he used to be a slave or someone with a really low staus in society, that he lost anyone he cared about because of his status, and that he's afraid to be mortal and die, lose his power, or be under the grasp of someone else's cruel authority once more.

Yes, I think I like that theory the best. Not exactly totally mine, but I definately don't believe that he was born evil.

Quote:
I always had a theory that Mirage wants to beautiful and find true love and sold her soul for it, never really got what she wanted and so hates Jasmine for it

That's a good theory, actually. I'm still contemplating mine. I had this theory, since she is the evil incarnate, that she's the bodily form of man's evil deeds. But since she once loved...that seer dude, that can't be right. She has to have sold her soul for something. I'd go with power, though, but again, I need to give her character some serious thought. Maybe she chose power over lov, only to regret that decision later,e andnow hates Jasmine and anyone whoever loved for it.

Quote:
Out of all the villains, Sadira annoys me the most. Because you know she's not really that bad but is just so flippin weird. Laughing

Sadira was never a villain in my mind. Aladdin probably was the first person who was ever nice to her, and she didn't want to lose him, even if he already had a girlfriend. I think Sadira was just lonely and wanted friends. Besides, a real villain would have killed Jasmine, and Sadira didn't want to hurt her.

I was actually thinking about Sadira's schemes, and wondered why she never tried to switch bodies with Jasmine. Maybe Sandswitch took care of that scenario?

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get down to it, Mozenrath is probably a really competative guy out looking for a challenge. It seems me he's sort of picked Aladdin to be his opponent. He figures that if he keeps trying, he'll beat him sooner or later.

...I'm sort of like that myself. I can get really competative over unexpected things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum