Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Wicked
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wicked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Wicked Reply with quote

I figured we needed this topic up for discussion/just having fan moments over it. So, Who all has seen the play wicked? Stupid Mikey *coughkirstencough* got me into it and now I'm addicted to it Laughing I loved it and it's got to be my fav. musical ever...out of the 3 I've seen Razz So here, feel free to discuss it here. Have fun!
Majordomo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw it a few weeks after the Tonys, front row middles seats. Lotter kicks hard ass!!! Anyway, sadly it was Eden not idina.

i liked it when i saw it, it's very clearer and a wonderful book, but it doesn't even make my top 15 favorite. i'm a big play/musical person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo, Wicked thread! I love that show. I love the music, I love the story, I love it all. I think it really hits me because Elphaba is so similar to how I act and react to things. I really see a lot of myself in her, and I love that. And I bow before the greatness that is Idina. She's absolutely amazing. Sadly, I've never been to NY, I've only seen her performance on video.

Still waiting for the copy of the book I ordered to arrive in the mail... grr...

And I'm counting down til Friday, when the tickets for the San Diego stop of the National Tour go on sale! Very Happy
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to go see it a week from saturday! I love how I can talk to people on this site about anything not just Aladdin. I read the book Wicked and absolutely loved it...I am working on a little "Aladdin" version of that theme that I'm calling, temporarily, "True Confessions of Sorcerer Jafar."
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

Location: The Magic Hookah.... and coffee maker, which also makes Julienne fries!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I love to read that!
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really is clever and i do love the book.

i'm defintly an Elphie. i use to use her songs for audition pieces, but since it became so popular (GET iT?!) so many people do so now i don't in case of boring the director
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, I'm sure they see TONS of people using those songs as audition pieces these days. Not exactly the way to make yourself stand out. Razz I have to say, though, singing to the CD in the car is a great way to pass the time on long drives. Razz
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, i sing show tunes all the time in the car! But lately it's been Dirty Rotten Scoundrals, Pippin, or You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, love singing along to "Happiness" from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Very Happy I believe Kristen Chenoweth did that show, too, didn't she?
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, she played Anthony Rapp's younger sister. (Sally)

"i'm so happy...that little redheadedgirl dropped her pencil. it has teeth marks all over it...she nibbles her pencil... She's human! i guess it hasn't been such a bad day after all..."

*gasp* AWWWWWW!!!

i think the main things i liked about WKD was slowly figureing out who the characters were going to end up being. And when you find out the ending. (not going to spoil just in case)

But i love all the little hints like
How Boq always wore all siver
and Fyero's lines- "Maybe i'm brainless" and how he keeps getting kicked out of schools. Alot of it was amazingly clever (sorry i know ive said that like 5 times already)
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on a little bus trip yesterday, so I bought the soundtrack to the show. It was kind of an impulsive, random buy, though I've heard so much about the show from my friend Mollie that I felt almost guilty for knowing nothing about it. Laughing

The music kicks so much butt. I think I'm going to order the book, too. I'm dying to see it performed.
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There use to be some actully suprisingly good OBC bootlegs on google video but reasonly googles taken all the bootlegs down -cries-

Oh, yeah, the music is insanly addicting! Have a favorite song or character yet?
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw wicked on saturday. I live in the Boston area so I saw it at the opera house. It was awesome. Did anyone else notice that the phrase "grand vizier" is in it? In one of the early musical numbers Madam Morrible is talking about how she'll introduce Elphie to the wizard and she sings something like, "And he'll make you his magic grand vizier." I notice things like that. I should know a little something about magical grand viziers... Wink
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy HAHA! Yeah, i caught that too
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it January 28, 2006 in New York City with Eden Espinosa as Elphaba and Megan Hilty as G(a)linda. It was INCREDIBLE; my mom loved it too.

(yeah, I did notice the protagonist being green and played by an actress named Eden, but I was so enthralled with the show, I didn't dwell on it.)

I have "What is This Feeling?" stuck in my head as I type...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum