Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Oh my Freakin' God...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh my Freakin' God...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Oh my Freakin' God... Reply with quote

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17997

Just click it. Especially the Sailor Moon fans. XDDD

Darkshipping is sexy overconfident ♥
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Is that a real show? That's the biggest rip off I've ever seen.
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the-....just...no Laughing
Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Laughing Is that a real show? That's the biggest rip off I've ever seen.

It was going to be. Before DiC got the license to dub the real Sailor Moon series, Toon Makers and some other defunct company had the rights to make an American knock off (similar to the way Power Rangers knocks off Super Sentai). It seems to have been live action, then cut to cartoon bits when the girls transform.

I've got mixed feelings about this. While the live action seems super corny, the animation actually looks pretty badass (for the time period). I'm glad it never got off the ground, but I'm curious as to what it might have turned into.

Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now grateful for the dub for I have seen the alternative. Laughing
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That song was even more annoying than the American butcherization of Moonlight Densetsu.

FuzzyWhite!Luna was cute, though.

...But not as cute as PurplePlushie!Luna. Wink

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
...But not as cute as PurplePlushie!Luna. Wink

PurplePlushie!Luna is the cutest thing in existance. Until she transforms. That's just scary.

Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just... horrible. The worst example of American cartooning in existence. It was like... Power Rangers meets Transformers meets Gargoyles, with a few extra stupidisms. Uggh. (Is it any wonder that most of the best cartoons come from Japan?)

SkylaDoragono wrote:
PurplePlushie!Luna is the cutest thing in existance. Until she transforms. That's just scary.

Well, she was cute 'n' all, but you don't normally expect a Wise Ancient Being to come out looking like a ten-year-old. They waaay overdid the cutesy.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janette Morgan wrote:
That is just... horrible. The worst example of American cartooning in existence. It was like... Power Rangers meets Transformers meets Gargoyles, with a few extra stupidisms. Uggh. (Is it any wonder that most of the best cartoons come from Japan?)

Where do you figure on the Gargoyles?

Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The art style.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty common style. Has nothing to go with Gargoyles, really.

APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The animation *is* good and I'm also really interested in seeing what it might've become but I'm glad this didn't happen because they were attempting to pass off an adult as a 15 year old. Confused

While we're on the topic of Sailor Moon...I don't dislike it now, but I really disliked it when I was a kid. I think I've grown fonder of it as I grew older because I still consider it a part of my childhood. But the reasons I disliked it back then were because I didn't understand it.

1. I never understood why the villains didn't just run away while the girls were busy changing. I thought it was because they wore such little clothing themselves that they were fascinated by the stuff. Laughing

2. I never understood why the girls would kick, punch, and throw their best magical elements to try and defeat most of these villains but it was ineffective. And then Tuxedo Mask comes along with some corny speech and throws a rose at the villain and it would be more powerful than the girls fighting as a group. And then he would leave before the villain was actually defeated, instead of just throwing some more roses.

3. I never understood why nobody ever recognized the girls when they were Sailor Scouts. At least TM wore a mask!

4. I never understood where TM got his costume. Why doesn't he get his own sparkly (or naked in the japanese version) entrance like the girls? Does he rent that tuxedo? Is he saving it for prom? Is he a fan of Abe Lincoln? And roses are expensive! How does he manage to pay for all of them? Does he steal them from his neighbor's garden? Does he take back the roses he threw after the show? Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
1. I never understood why the villains didn't just run away while the girls were busy changing. I thought it was because they wore such little clothing themselves that they were fascinated by the stuff. Laughing

Ah, the pesky henshin that has puzzles fans forever. Some have speculated that time runs differently during a henshin - while it seems to take a moment for the transformee, to everyone else it's instantaneous.

Quote:
2. I never understood why the girls would kick, punch, and throw their best magical elements to try and defeat most of these villains but it was ineffective. And then Tuxedo Mask comes along with some corny speech and throws a rose at the villain and it would be more powerful than the girls fighting as a group. And then he would leave before the villain was actually defeated, instead of just throwing some more roses.

Rather annoying, that. I mean, a monster can't be defeated until it's been hit by a li'l flower?

In the manga, Tuxedo Kamen didn't throw a single rose... he didn't need to. Razz

Quote:
3. I never understood why nobody ever recognized the girls when they were Sailor Scouts. At least TM wore a mask!

For awhile, Moon did wear a mask in the manga. Then she quit wearing it. Takeuchi did once have all the girls in masks of some kind, though - you can see 'em in some of her concept art.

[/quote]4. I never understood where TM got his costume. Why doesn't he get his own sparkly (or naked in the japanese version) entrance like the girls? Does he rent that tuxedo? Is he saving it for prom? Is he a fan of Abe Lincoln? And roses are expensive! How does he manage to pay for all of them? Does he steal them from his neighbor's garden? Does he take back the roses he threw after the show? Laughing[/quote]
Tuxedo Kamen did get a henshin. I don't know how often or when it was used.

The tuxedo was the outfit he wore to the masquerade ball shortly before the fall of the Silver Millenium. I really can't tell you how it became bound to him as a transformation outfit, though. Razz

APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The tuxedo was the outfit he wore to the masquerade ball shortly before the fall of the Silver Millenium. I really can't tell you how it became bound to him as a transformation outfit, though.

Ohh, okay. Smile I wonder if he brings it to the cleaners whenever it gets dirty? I'm trying to picture him ironing his suit or yelling to a villain, "Careful! It's dry clean only!" Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Shrugs* Considering that it's the outfit he transforms into, it doesn't need cleaned. It seems that these outfits are magically cleaned and repaired when not in use.

To get silly about it in a sci-fi way, the outfit is probably stored in subspace as an energy pattern when not in use. During the henshin sequence, it's called back from subspace and is converted back into matter and reassembled per instructions carried within the henshin device. The same probably holds true for at least some weapons and other goodies. Because the henshin device's specifications are of that of the outfit and weapon in prime condition, it will always appear on the character in new condition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum