Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - The Spider-man Thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Spider-man Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartan Girl
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: The Spider-man Thread Reply with quote

Hi, there! Very Happy It's been a while since my last post, I've had summer classes to endure...

Anyway, how many of you guys like the Spider-man movies/comics? Honestly, I haven't read a lot of the comics, but I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid...

The movies are awesome! Tobey Maguire makes a great Spider-man/Peter Parker, although the movie Mary Jane gets on my nerves. I mean, in the first movie, there is a perfectly nice guy right in front of her and she all but ignores him, until the end when she declares that he's the only one for her... Confused

Then, of course, we get to the second movie, when she treats Peter like dirt. I know that she was upset about missing her play and everything, but if, as she claimed in the end, she had an idea that he was Spider-man, doesn't saving people seem like a reasonable excuse for missing her play?

Poor Peter (the movie one, at least). Even though I liked the ending of Spider-man 2, I really think he deserves someone better, unless she gets a little attitude adjustment in the third movie.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the new trailer yet? Very Happy
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I saw the trailer. It looks... interesting. I'm really curious as to how they'll handle the black Spidey suit plotline - in the comics, the suit was a symbiote of alien origin, but I've noticed that for comic-book movies (at least, these ones) they tend to keep origins and whathaveyou a little more parsimonious.

Yeah, Maguire's cute. I've never figured out what it is, but for some reason he reminds me of my cousin, who is also cute. It may be something in the shape of the face.

As much as I'm looking forward to SM3, though, I'm looking forward to the second Fantastic Four movie. Ioan Gruffudd... rar.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any of the movies nor have I read the comics aside from a few stories. I'm a complete Batman fangirl and there's only room for one superhero in my heart.

However, I used to watch one of the cartoons as a kid. There was this cool vampire character called Michael Morbius or something, and every morning I would hold my breath and hope that he was in the next episode. Also, I really liked him and The Black Cat/Felicia (or something, can't remember her name) together.

Does the Black Cat character show up in any of the movies?
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the Spiderman cartoons too. Interesting fact, Spiderman was voiced by the same guy who did Prince Eric in "The Little Mermaid". Laughing
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....really? Laughing
Spartan Girl
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
I remember the Spiderman cartoons too. Interesting fact, Spiderman was voiced by the same guy who did Prince Eric in "The Little Mermaid". Laughing

Yeah, imagine my shock when I found that out! He was also Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movies!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....REALLY?! Laughing The stuff you learn on the internet.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so excited for Spider-Man 3 after that rather amazing trailer (which said to me "You will really, really like this movie, even if once again, parts of the love story dynamic will cause you to feel a bit nauseous.")!!!

I was pretty much oblivious to all things Spider-Man until the first movie came out (um...he wears a red and blue suit and his real name is Peter Parker and he was bitten by a radioactive spider...) and I decided to see it with my friends and fell in love with it. (I've also had a 'thing' for comic book movies lately, but this started it!) I absolutely love the character of Peter Parker and love the casting of Tobey Maguire. Even though Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane annoys me sometimes (I think she's OK sometimes, and then she just...keeps talking...and her sense of timing and location could be a lot better...you DO NOT make out with the guy you just now realized is the love of your life OVER THE GRAVE OF HIS FATHER FIGURE!!!), I really, really like the fact that the Peter/MJ dynamic (as well as Peter's relationships with Harry, Aunt May, etc.) are so central to the movies. I find Peter so easy to relate to, because I understand the struggles of Peter Parker, not just "WOW, the adventures of Spider-Man are SO FREAKING COOL!" (they are, but even though he can climb walls, the guy who wears the suit seems believable).

The irony of all this is that I have an absolutely terrible fear of spiders.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what they told Stan Lee when he was first pitching Spider-Man the comic book.
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Princess wrote:
) The irony of all this is that I have an absolutely terrible fear of spiders.

Me too!

And yes, I think MJ's timing could have been a little better...like she could've woken up and smelled the coffee about Peter BEFORE THE END OF THE MOVIE. I mean, come on, a cute, sweet guy lives next door and you're throwing yourself all over the school bully and his best friend? And in the second movie, when she's totally rubbing her new fiance in Peter's face? Is it any wonder why I hate this girl??

The third trailer was awesome. Two things trouble me: 1) Peter dancing with Gwen Stacy. On one hand, it's high time MJ's jealous for a change. I just hope that it's Peter-posessed-by-Venom doing this and 2) MJ and Harry while Peter seemingly watches.

I hope that this is the last movie just because I want it to be a happy ending. I don't want MJ to flake out on Peter at the end of the movie because she can't take living with someone with his career. Even if that proved I was right about her from the beginning, I'd be too depressed and feeling sorry for Peter to care.

I also don't want a fourth one because too many sequels can ruin a franchise.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Doesn't understand what the terrible fear of spiders is all about*

If MJ 'flakes out,' I'll definitely be very, very angry. They actually got married in the comic books, had a child, although it ended in divorce - for Mary Jane's safety, I think. Gah.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Spartan Girl
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
*They actually got married in the comic books, had a child, although it ended in divorce - for Mary Jane's safety, I think. Gah.

The "divorce" wasn't for her safety, it was because she did indeed "flake out", but as soon as she realized how much Peter needed her (and realized what a selfish creep she was being) they got back together in the recent issues of "The Amazing Spider-man.

But if MJ pulls a stunt like that in the movie, there will be heck to pay Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum