Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Need serious help with making videos!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need serious help with making videos!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Need serious help with making videos! Reply with quote

I've never made a mv before but I found out I have movie maker.

Now I really want to start making videos!

I have movie maker, the cd and dvd I want to use...what next? Do I need anything else?

I need all the help I can get Embarassed
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well your gonna need to have a ripping program to get the DVD off the disc and you can rip the songs off the CD with windows media player. I don't normally rip my DVD's (I just download eps from ...er...good friends Razz) but when I need to I use Gordian Knot. Imo Movie maker is good but it's notorious for freezing a lot so your prolly gonna want to save as often as possible to not loose edits on your project. It's not as serious as it seems, it just gets frustrating after a while though if you use it as much as I do you'll get used to it Laughing
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

I tried downloading Gordian Knot. I think it worked...it gave me something called DivX. Was I supposed to get that? I've figured out how to put in the song that I wanted but my computer won't let me put in the video. I've been trying to import clips for the longest time now.

Hmmm...I think I took the 1.9 version. Is that an okay version?
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got the divx codec when I downloaded the thing as well. What type of file if the CD? Movie maker will only import wma wav and mp3 files.
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh...well, it imported the audio...I got that in just fine, but it's just a regular Disney CD.

And I'm trying to get my clips from a Disney DVD. How exactly am I supposed to get it imported?
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, like I remember....lesse...

That's where Gordian Knot comes in. You should have on your programs 3 different things but the gordian knot program is the one you want. After inserting the disc click on the gordion knot program and you should get three options, DVD Dycryptor, V Strip and DVD to AVI. Click on the DVD decryptor. it should bring up another screen and there you want to select "main movie files" then hit decrypt. After thats done, go to DVD to AVI and then have it convert the VOB file decrypted from the disc to a wmv file. it takes foreeeeveeer Laughing
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this didnt download correctly...there's nothing that says dycryptor and its telling me I don't have permission to do stuff...and everytime I try to run Gordian Knot it tries to install the whole thing all over again.

My friend downloaded Gordian Knot and she's having the same problems as I am. It seems as if our computers downlaoded everything except Gordian Knot. It gave us a whole bunch of useless stuff and I can't find Gordian Knot anywhere....

I'll try to figure this out some more but if i can't I'll just have to try another program. I'm sure there's soething else online or on circuit city...
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest looking online. If you try to BUY a program to get the dvd off of it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg. I broke down a month ago and got a similar program that works for my cam corder and it was 75 bucks *wince*
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna try limewire. Some friends of mine use that with movie maker. The bad thing is that you don't get to preview clips before you decide to download them. But it's better than nothing.
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually tried that before since i don't use limewire but go for it. Your guess is as goo as mine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum