Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - The rules (read before posting!)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The rules (read before posting!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: The rules (read before posting!) Reply with quote

Until very recently this has been a pretty small board and I haven't had to do a whole lot of modding. But we've got big enough since the DVD came out that I think we should have the rules all written down so everyone knows about them. Nothing has changed; these are the unwritten rules I was running the board by in the first place. This is just so everyone knows up front and won't be surprised. BTW, they are subject to tweaking, but I doubt I'll make any major changes. Cool

ALADDIN CENTRAL FORUM RULES

1. This is not a kids forum, nor is it completely uncensored. My audience has always been those old enough to remember Aladdin the first time around, so I'd like to keep it suitable for 12-13 and up (approximately PG-13 level). The occasional swear word it okay, as long as you don't flame. You can link to R or NC-17 fanfic or fanart, just make sure you give a warning, and don't hotlink or paste them directly onto this site. If you're uncomfortable with this, there are several G and PG rated Aladdin communties, links available upon request. Wink

2. Flaming is not allowed. I define flaming as a personal attack. Giving a negative review to someone's fanfic/fanart/fansite is not flaming. Pointing out that one has broken a forum rule is not flaming. Attacking someone's opinion is not flaming. Even being curt or rude is not flaming. Only an insult to you is flaming.

3. Spam is not allowed. There are two categories of spam:
- Advertising. Accounts made specifically to advertise will be banned. The exception is advertising a sale of Aladdin items in the Marketplace forum. If you've been a member for awhile and want to show us your site or whatever, go ahead, but if you can't join for the purpose of advertising. Hopefully everyone can tell the difference... Razz
- One or two word posts made for the purpose of raising your member level. This isn't as big a deal as advertising; but if you're warned to stop and keep doing it, you can and will be banned.

4. Trolling (purposely posting inflamatory things for the purpose of pissing people off) is not allowed. Speaking your mind and accidentally pissing people off is not a problem. Wink

5. Racist/sexist/homophobic/otherwise bigotted comments aren't allowed. (Hopefully this rule will never be needed, but I've had bad experiences in other comms. Confused )

6. Trying to hack into the board, someone's account, or linking to harmful material such as viruses will get you instantly banned.

7. Off-topic posting - I'm pretty lenient on threads that start on-topic and go off-topic, as long as the new topic is still relevent to the category it's in. Threads that are posted in the wrong place or go off-topic with no change of going back will be moved to the appropriate category. This isn't a big deal, unless you do it consistently after being warned.

8. Repeat topics will be deleted if they are very similar to an existing thread on the first page of the category (with the exception of Site Feedback, but you should still check first; your question has probably been answered). Once again, not a big deal unless you do it a lot.

9. Please do not use excessive chatspeak. The occasional abreviation is fine, but please no u instead of you, ur instead of your, etc. Many Aladdin fans' first language is not English and have a hard time reading netspeak. Heck, I'm American and I can barely read it. Confused

...and there's probably more, will add them once I think about it, and I'll take suggestions of course. I won't ban anyone for rules that aren't posted here first. Wink

Last edited by Calluna on Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we add at least TRY to spell out a word? I know there are certain words like 'u' and '2', and that's understandable. But speaking in nothing BUT internet slang is annoying, and makes it really hard to read.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m with AG- internet nonsense is disturbing. I understand that people have different languages and whatnot, so that's not what I'm complaining about... oh, hell, you know what I'm talking about. *Grumbles angrily*
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, knew I forgot something! Yeah, in another Aladdin group I was in we did a survey, and half the members' first language wasn't English. Shocked We're a small board, you don't need to type that fast, and it's just common courtesy to write so you can be understood.
Lord Mozenrath
Apathetic Lord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even like speaking "net talk" because what's the point in saying those crap when you can write in understandable grammer which is so much easier for other people to understand.

Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Lord Mozenrath, I despise your new signature. There is no need to call Jafar ugly. You are just jealous of him.
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you misspelled the word "grammar."
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

This isn't the place for that. It is for RULES only. Kthxbye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum