Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Carpet
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carpet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Carpet Reply with quote

Does anyone here think Carpet is...often ignored? My brother and me were watching RoJ the other day, and he suddenly said, while they were trying to get the lamp, he said 'no one cares about Carpet'. Of course, that's something I think, too. Hardly anyone pays attention to Carpet, although he's the one who almost always saves everyone. And the one who helped impress the Sultan.
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. I know he's hard to write for in fanfiction or RPGing, because he doesn't talk.
And, in the TV show, I know he felt unappreciated when those annoying sprites were around.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's ignored as he is just not needed at the time, if that makes any sense. If it's a Carpet-centric episode or moment, he's a big part of it, but like someone mentioned he doesn't say much cause he doesn't talk. He's just...there. He's definitely more of a physical character than one of words, so his physical presence and labor makes him very important. I fear that sometimes he is looked at as JUST the transportation, though.
But he's one of the most important characters in our fandom cause without him, our main character would be, um, dead Laughing
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underappreciated and definitely underpaid. Carpet can do with his front edge what most people need a spinal column to accomplish. And, like you said, without him Aladdin wouldn't be alive today. Somebody owes that carpet a lot.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's not forget the fact that Carpet has a brilliant mind! That's some high-quality weave he's got there!

Myself, I appreciate Carpet as a character. I'd actually found it pretty fun writing from his point of view. Smile

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
And let's not forget the fact that Carpet has a brilliant mind! That's some high-quality weave he's got there!

Myself, I appreciate Carpet as a character. I'd actually found it pretty fun writing from his point of view. Smile

Like doing it with the point of view of a dog. I mean that in a good way. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens to most characters that can't talk. Abu doesn't get a lot of love either. Sad
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
It happens to most characters that can't talk. Abu doesn't get a lot of love either. Sad

I know what you mean. I love Abu, but sometimes forget to mention him in my fanfics just because I don't always know what to do. I need to have him save the day sometime, or something.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I was playing Aladdin in an RP that I totally forgot I had control over Abu and Carpet as characters and was supposed to be writing them in, too Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, I just don't feel much brainpower coming off of Abu, so I don't really consider him as much of a POV option.

He's good for filching keys and stuff, but... well, his lack of brainpower and thought processes make him uninteresting for me.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I remember when I was playing Aladdin in an RP that I totally forgot I had control over Abu and Carpet as characters and was supposed to be writing them in, too Laughing

When I ran a RPG, I had the characters listed separate, but don't remember if I got any takers. I think for the most part, nobody ever played them.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin/Carpet/Abu was all one thing. You buy Aladdin and get Carpet/Abu for free Laughing
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Aladdin/Carpet/Abu was all one thing. You buy Aladdin and get Carpet/Abu for free Laughing

Maybe the moderator was having the same problem I was having, so put Carpet and Aladdin with Abu. That poses a problem, though, if Jasmine or any other characters want to use Carpet.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ended up happening was we'd just pass the characters around whenever someone in the Aladdin gang needed them, but they were technically with Aladdin. Jasmine could write Abu gave her something, but he was still in my control, if that makes any sense Laughing
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
What ended up happening was we'd just pass the characters around whenever someone in the Aladdin gang needed them, but they were technically with Aladdin. Jasmine could write Abu gave her something, but he was still in my control, if that makes any sense Laughing

Yeah I think I know what you mean.

I've pretty much given up on roleplaying for a number of reasons, including the do's and don't's of character control. RPGs are for some people, but not for everyone. Same with anything else.

~Hikaru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum